Page 464 of 833 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I can assure you there'll be no "debate"...from me. I generally ignore the trite and petty squabbles here and I have absolutely no interest in defending my opinion on the matter.
    But there are still people who take it very seriously, and the same arguments and the same pictures usually come up. I even sometimes wish I was a fish and only had 7 seconds of memory so IT wouldn't bother me so much.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Storm was exquisite. This entire issue was chef's kisses exquisite.

point of note: "...the man I still loved..." bolded and italicised on-page. I have renewed hope that that relationship is on the outs.

What she should of said the man I once loved

Not the man I still loved that makes no sense (error)

Lol I’m petty they will forever be Bounded lolololol

They just have a complicated relationship

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Oh, don't start this again.

Ewing just cleaned up Ridley's mess. I don't want to start another "she loves him, he treats her like crap, no, that's not true" debate.

Remember that the main character of this book is Storm.

Lol Ewing did a good job no complaints from
    Me

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh, I'm kinda of the opinion that at this point Ewing's just kinda over the wholeomega discussion and is having fun with the word to make up for all the headaches its given him.

spoilers:
    I wouldn't hate Forge getting a boosted profile and expanded powerset as a confirmed omega, but like, I'll wait for other books to comment on it or follow up on it before forming much of an opinion about it one way or the other.
    end of spoilers
    i'm more than okay with it as i'm pretty sure cerebro can't be replicated and forge didn't think he could do it himself but did. Also who knows what wonders mysterium opened up for him. But in the spirit of fairness Percy got flack for calling emma an Omega with no explanation so it feels fair to need to have it confirmed or spelled out here too. I'm expecting an updated omega list with Forge and Synch added and perhaps franklyn removed if that isn't retconned back to him being a mutant. Though if they make wanda a mutant again she should definitely be added to the list too. I feel between synch and now this, it is going somewhere, i don't think for Ewing it was just a play on words.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Holy **** Goddess!!! Ewing is starting to kill me -- and thats kudos to his ideas like wtf?!?! First of course the Tchalla the man I still love will always makes me happy -- but then Ewing did crush Ororo's back up before my very eyes!!! Like -- my alert level went shooting so high coz here we go again -- i though gone were the days Id fear for my dear goddess' life �� -- okay Ewing you got me so conflicted I need therapy!!!

Just read.

Another really great issue. Glad no one spoiled it for me
    Rockslide is still one of my fav.
    And Storm was just as powerful as she always been. So good to see her flex.
    I'll wait a day or two talk about Mag moves in the GR.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 06-29-2022 at 10:59 AM.

Why do I feel she is going to do something suicidal again??.....

But then again can they really replicate a goddess??? Perhaps its a way to prevent writers from fucking up with her back up? And Im looking at Sinister here -- so yes maybe I approve a little

And goodness I would like to have a replica of that cute lil orb -- and put it in my hands -- imagine holding the back up for Ororo's in your hand like --- precious.... ��
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 06-29-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Oh, don't start this again.

Ewing just cleaned up Ridley's mess. I don't want to start another "she loves him, he treats her like crap, no, that's not true" debate.

Remember that the main character of this book is Storm.
    thank the goddess someone said it.

anyway the issue was excellent. the bits with msgneto hit the hardest for me. the battle to ensure with the eternals just made the stakes even higher.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think this proves that Storm will not die under Ewing. He said that without Storm, the XMR story would not go forward.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Holy **** Goddess!!! Ewing is starting to kill me -- and thats kudos to his ideas like wtf?!?! First of course the Tchalla the man I still love will always makes me happy -- but then Ewing did crush Ororo's back up before my very eyes!!! Like -- my alert level went shooting so high coz here we go again -- i though gone were the days Id fear for my dear goddess' life �� -- okay Ewing you got me so conflicted I need therapy!!!
    it was a great issue. love that she can acknowledge that she loves him but she won't play his silly games and thus removed herself from that foolishness. this is how you write adults who are lovers in conflict. if Ridley wants to write tchalla as an idiot Ewing g certainly cleaned up what we saw in Ridley bp. also who said Coates work was not referenced in the xbooks?????
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Keep in mind not being easy to revive actualy drastically increases her chance of not getting stupidly killed, since without the cheap respawn mechanic applying to her, the writers would need to justify both to their editors and the readers why they would be killing her.

Which is also why i wished more X-men characters had openly removed themself from the RP sooner, so we could have had at least some character with a sense of being in danger of remaining off pannel for a while if they die.

Besides as popular, widely known and heavily marketed character she has a high value "come back from dead" card anyway. It just means the writers would have to come up with all kinds of different ways to bring her back instead of the currently overly relied upon one.

So the main reason i see for someone to be worried about her, is if her "survival streak" actualy means something to them, or if they have bets going on which characters are going to survive the krakoa era without getting stupidly killed at least once (admittedly the A and B-list category is getting slimmer).

Astonishing Member

Why do I feel she is going to do something suicidal again??.....
    It’d be anticlimactic to kill Ororo or Magneto off shortly after they swear off resurrection. We probably won’t see them die until this book ends and Marvel decides to bring them back to Krakoa proper. They can valiantly sacrifice themselves, opening the door to new members of the Great Ring (which Ewing’s already hinted at), then get brought back to the status quo. Hopefully that doesn’t happen for a while, Ewing’s really in his bag right now.

The convo with T’Challa is what it was. The romance was never gonna be defined in Ewing’s book because he has more important plots to attend to. So while I see this as some confirmation of a break up of sorts, unfortunately I think Ridley still has plans for the two, especially since T’Challa’s next arc is in space.

Isca remains my favorite Arakki. She looks to be taking a more villainous turn after Tarn’s death and I’m excited to see her clash more with the Great Ring. Rockslide means nothing to me as a character but it was nice to see Sunspot offering him a new home ln Arakko, given the way Ewing writes Roberto is it possible there’s some scheme behind it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Keep in mind not being easy to revive actualy drastically increases her chance of not getting stupidly killed, since without the cheap respawn mechanic applying to her, the writers would need to justify both to their editors and the readers why they would be killing her.

Which is also why i wished more X-men characters had openly removed themself from the RP sooner, so we could have had at least some character with a sense of being in danger of remaining off pannel for a while if they die.

Besides as popular, widely known and heavily marketed character she has a high value "come back from dead" card anyway. It just means the writers would have to come up with all kinds of different ways to bring her back instead of the currently overly relied upon one.

So the main reason i see for someone to be worried about her, is if her "survival streak" actualy means something to them, or if they have bets going on which characters are going to survive the krakoa era without getting stupidly killed at least once (admittedly the A and B-list category is getting slimmer).
    Yes, death has always been cheap in comics. Resurrection makes it worse. I was worried for a second that ewing might kill Storm to improve the story, but I was relieved when Storm completely quit resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’d be anticlimactic to kill Ororo or Magneto off shortly after they swear off resurrection. We probably won’t see them die until this book ends and Marvel decides to bring them back to Krakoa proper. They can valiantly sacrifice themselves, opening the door to new members of the Great Ring (which Ewing’s already hinted at), then get brought back to the status quo. Hopefully that doesn’t happen for a while, Ewing’s really in his bag right now.

The convo with T’Challa is what it was. The romance was never gonna be defined in Ewing’s book because he has more important plots to attend to. So while I see this as some confirmation of a break up of sorts, unfortunately I think Ridley still has plans for the two, especially since T’Challa’s next arc is in space.

Isca remains my favorite Arakki. She looks to be taking a more villainous turn after Tarn’s death and I’m excited to see her clash more with the Great Ring. Rockslide means nothing to me as a character but it was nice to see Sunspot offering him a new home ln Arakko, given the way Ewing writes Roberto is it possible there’s some scheme behind it?
    I personally think Ridley should end their relationship. Ridley wrote tchalla as toxic and not trusting of ororo for some random man even when at some point she was the only person he trusted. ridleys direction for tchalla is something ororo does not need right now. it's unnecessary baggage and good for her in letting tchalla know she isn't playing games with him anymore.

sidebar did yall catch the Jean shade miss ororo provided??? I loved this issue lmao