Page 564 of 833 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568574614664 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 12488
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    It would be quite a feat if she flew back to Mars on her own. After all, Earth and Mars are 99.703 million mi apart.
    To be fair cosmic distances, just like extend of time and history, don't always seem to get handled the way they should in these comics.

Like remember the giant bullet from the Breakworld story in Astonishing X-men?

It explicitly had no form of propulsion, including nothing which would allow it to move beyond the limit of light speed or was given some form of dimensional shortcut (the usual reasons space ships and super beings can move across the galaxy at relative short time), so by all accounts it moved slower than light while having been launched from a planet which is farther away from Sol than the nearest other solar systems.

The speed of light is roughly 186000 miles per second and without fanastically means of technology or super powers nothing yet confirmed can move at or beyond that speed.

So even if Breakworld's solar system was as close to Sol as Alpha Centauri it would have taken longer than 4 years to reach Earth. So the bigger concern should have been to get Kitty out of the thing before she dies from lack of oxygen, water and food.

By the by. Light requires around 3 minutes to travel from Earth to Mars. But Storm can't transform into pure light yet right?

Though i'm sure she could always go to the Fanastic Four and ask if they have something that can move "short" distances at near light speed. Even if Reed would be stubborn Ben or Sue would certainly lend something to her if she says it's about saving innocent people.

"But it's just an engine with an inertia damper and barely enough fuel for a one way trip. It doesn't have a hull." "All i need is the means to move. Everything else i can provide myself." "Great. Ben if you may pilot her into the upper atmopshere with the Fantasticar please."
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-12-2022 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    if she were flying by way if solar winds maybe it could possibly.. those move as fast as:

one million miles per hour

would take her about 4 days to get there.
    The fastest recorded cosmic wind was 20 million mph, it was produced by a black hole... her being an OLM should be able to propel herself just as quickly under her own power.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    The fastest recorded cosmic wind was 20 million mph, it was produced by a black hole... her being an OLM should be able to propel herself just as quickly under her own power.
    that would put it about 5 hrs then?!!! insane
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    But he did work through it. He canceled the program and never told her. That is still a lie. Why would I answer questions that have nothing to do with the plot? Hell everyone including him say he lied to her and even he admits it. So you going to argue with the writer, the character, storm and everyone else in the actual book?
    I dont think he had the time to alert ororo while he was being hunted down by his own people and then she zapped him but you can keep going.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-12-2022 at 04:47 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    To be fair cosmic distances, just like extend of time and history, don't always seem to get handled the way they should in these comics.

Like remember the giant bullet from the Breakworld story in Astonishing X-men?

It explicitly had no form of propulsion, including nothing which would allow it to move beyond the limit of light speed or was given some form of dimensional shortcut (the usual reasons space ships and super beings can move across the galaxy at relative short time), so by all accounts it moved slower than light while having been launched from a planet which is farther away from Sol than the nearest other solar systems.

The speed of light is roughly 186000 miles per second and without fanastically means of technology or super powers nothing yet confirmed can move at or beyond that speed.

So even if Breakworld's solar system was as close to Sol as Alpha Centauri it would have taken longer than 4 years to reach Earth. So the bigger concern should have been to get Kitty out of the thing before she dies from lack of oxygen, water and food.

By the by. Light requires around 3 minutes to travel from Earth to Mars. But Storm can't transform into pure light yet right?

Though i'm sure she could always go to the Fanastic Four and ask if they have something that can move "short" distances at near light speed. Even if Reed would be stubborn Ben or Sue would certainly lend something to her if she says it's about saving innocent people.

"But it's just an engine with an inertia damper and barely enough fuel for a one way trip. It doesn't have a hull." "All i need is the means to move. Everything else i can provide myself." "Great. Ben if you may pilot her into the upper atmopshere with the Fantasticar please."
    You remind me how ridiculous that giant bullet is.

Yeah, the comics' treatment of cosmic distance is ridiculous. But Ewing is clearly the writer who cares more about being reasonable, and I'm sure he'll come up with a satisfying answer.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

friends.... has anyone seen scans of storm warping light to become invisible??

Mighty Member

I dont think he had the time to alert ororo while he was being hunted down by his own people and then she zapped him but you can keep going.
    Right because he couldn't have gotten some alone time on the space flight back? He had alone time and still didn't tell her, he could have pulled her aside during their good byes and told her but he didn't.

Ikr they haven't even scratched the surface of what she's capable of...

friends.... has anyone seen scans of storm warping light to become invisible??
    I couldn't find it, but I went back to 90 and found that Storm could deflect Gambit attacks with lightning.

1.jpg
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm very good with Storm getting back to Arakko via Lactuca, Eden, Cable, Majik or Lila...why expend all that time and energy when there's more efficient and much faster ways to get from Earth to Arakko.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

And it could be a lot less depending on how close the planets are in their orbits. For example according to NASA, "the next Mars Close Approach is Dec. 8, 2022, when the Red Planet will be only 38.6 million miles (62.07 million kilometers) from Earth." So it's totally doable.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

If she can easily get back to Arakko through the portal, it will reinforce the fact that she is still a full hour late.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What portal? All the Arakko gates were destroyed.
    Depending on availability...all the long range teleporters are near instantaneous.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm very good with Storm getting back to Arakko via Lactuca, Eden, Cable, Majik or Lila...why expend all that time and energy when there's more efficient and much faster ways to get from Earth to Arakko.
    I'm sure Ewing will use the many easier avenues to get her back as you've listed, however it would be cool to see her make an glorious flaming grand entrance into Arrakos atmosphere... maby in the heat of the battle those people you mentioned are occupied or in Cables case dead.
    Last edited by The Regent; 08-12-2022 at 05:16 PM.

I don't think I made it clear, but when I say portal, I mean mutants with the ability to transport other people.