Page 472 of 833 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 12488

I don't know if it was intentionally or my subconscious on the same wave length but it totally makes sense to me why the last few covers have looked like Storm was being protected or always in the center. With her backup destroy i can easily imagine nightcrawler finding out in the scene the way magneto hand is. lol. "You and Ororo did, WHAT?!" *BAMF*. lol hopefully Jean ain't a key factor in some fight cause if she catches wind or Logan, they dropping their stuff and moving. Heck i wonder if Charles knows. The one thing i want out of this event now is to see the reactions from others to learning this is all going down and Storm/Magneto have no back ups. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Uranos loves killing everything. It's his thing. Genocide is his ultimate honor anything less he considers cowardly. He made fun of Thanos for only killing half the universe.
    I hope we get omega level goddess power that brings balance and counters whatever genocidal plans they have. this even seems to extend from July until October at least so its going on that long I imagine there will be many many loses before a victory. so we may not the arrakkii including storm turn it around until much later.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    They intend to commit genocide and attack mutants at Gala, randomly killing any in sight. I guess this is the eternals now
    I thought the eternals were supposed to be heroes protectors. like wtf?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-30-2022 at 10:48 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hope we get omega level goddess power that brings balance and counters whatever genocidal plans they have. this even seems to extend from July until October at least so its going on that long I imagine there will be many many loses before a victory. so we may not the arrakkii including storm turn it around until much later.

They have bifurcated society. For every hero like Icarus there is a villain like Druig. All the good ones left and moved in with the deviants to better understand them and foster peace. There are some that fall through the cracks and don't act on their crazy.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 06-30-2022 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't know if it was intentionally or my subconscious on the same wave length but it totally makes sense to me why the last few covers have looked like Storm was being protected or always in the center. With her backup destroy i can easily imagine nightcrawler finding out in the scene the way magneto hand is. lol. "You and Ororo did, WHAT?!" *BAMF*. lol hopefully Jean ain't a key factor in some fight cause if she catches wind or Logan, they dropping their stuff and moving. Heck i wonder if Charles knows. The one thing i want out of this event now is to see the reactions from others to learning this is all going down and Storm/Magneto have no back ups. lol
    It's a coincidence that the eternals arrived the day after they absolutely destroyed the backup. I want to see their reaction, too.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Thanos’ powerset times something, cryokinesis, a vast arsenal of celestial weapons and he’s rigged himself a deadman switch in case he’s ever killed or rendered braindead
    So everything to take on superman, plus what ever the writer might want him to pull out of his hat to gain the upper hand.

The eternals led by Druig simply believed that mutants were excess deviation and should be exterminated.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think they will care either way. Mags and Storm are adults free to make whatever choices they deem necessary for them and their goals. As Jean, Logan Xavier have all done at one point or another. Scott just revealed mutant's immortality to the world. No one is jumping down his throat (or maybe Xavier and the other QC members did off-panel, but what is done was done)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't think they will care either way. Mags and Storm are adults free to make whatever choices they deem necessary for them and their goals. As Jean, Logan Xavier have all done at one point or another. Scott just revealed mutant's immortality to the world. No one is jumping down his throat (or maybe Xavier and the other QC members did off-panel, but what is done was done)
    Charles is too controlling to let two of his most powerful Allies die.

Mighty Member

Agreed and he actually does love those two.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    They have bifurcated society. For every hero like Icarus there is a villain like Druig. All the good ones left and moved in with the deviants to better understand them and foster peace. There are some that fall through the cracks and don't act on their crazy.
    I thought this was a collective assault on the mutants by all the eternals?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Whether they die or not is not up to him. (That said...I won't put it past him to have a secret secret stash of back-ups hidden somewhere for any final eventuality)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Mighty Member

I thought this was a collective assault on the mutants by all the eternals?
    It's not. The good eternals feel like their hands are tied and will probably fight for the mutants. The problem is they aren't in power any more, Druig is. He usurped Thanos and became the prime eternal. So millions of years of dormant genocidal technology is in the hands of a madman that values himself and power over anything else.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 06-30-2022 at 11:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Considering that Krakoa's society is essentialy a pyramid standing on it's head, since most of the economical needs are covered by the island itself, requiring little to no actualy labor or work and otherwise heavily depending on the personal super powers of an increasingly smaller number of individuals (the more powerfull the fewer are of them), it seems like the subject of what ever any such individual still has the "right" to stay dead (what ever by actual law or social pressure) should be a smoldering conflict or at least strife in the making.

The fact that one of the laws is "Make More Mutants" also raises the question of what ever it could be applied to forbid such individuals to stay dead? "You can't stay dead. Everyone depends on you!"

So yeah with Charles being in some "creepy face concealing helmet" phace since Hickman's start, it wouldn't seem impossible for him to eventualy decide to alter some mutants memories to make them belief they willingly came back, when the previous version desired a finite life. Even if his reasons are out of love rather than malice.

We haven't had an explanation as to why Domino was brought back without her memories as stipulated to Colossus, and who made that decision for her.

Astonishing Member

dang... these eternals sound like cowards what honor is there in that?
    The first half of the recent Eternals ongoing demonstrated that, once it was a fair fight, the Eternals could have torn Thanos to pieces anytime he came to Earth without the gauntlet; but they stayed their hands for centuries because Zuras wanted to make Mentor watch the result of his transgressions

Honour is not really in the Eternal lexicon