Page 432 of 833 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442482532 ... LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah, I read that page as being names for possible future timelines, based on big events or status quos present in those futures, as Destiny saw them. So The Empire of the Red Diamond, for instance, I would wager is Destiny's way of referencing a future in which Sinister reins supreme and builds his own empire, using clones of various mutants under his control, like also popped up in the big prophecy image Destiny sees elsewhere in this issue. Judgment Day is her reference to the future she sees with the Eternals and likely the Celestials. She sees three different futures where a Nimrod Extinction Event takes place, basically Nimrod wiping out mutants, The Expanse seems to refer to something else detailed in another of her visions, where she sees a distant mutant church empire spearheaded by Exodus, A New Krakoa likely refers to a Krakoan nation that is either reborn after a cataclysm or dissolution (another of her visions seems to be named The Krakoan Dissolution) or perhaps its her way of referencing a Krakoan nation in the aftermath of a social revolution on the isle that changes the seat of power from the Quiet Council to someone else.

In light of all that, my personal guess is that The Storm System is meant to refer to a possible future Destiny sees in which Storm's position as Regent of Arakko expands until she's not just the Voice of Sol but the whole Sol System is considered 'hers' and she's the singular central authority figure of the entirety of Sol System civilizations there, much like Sinister presumably is for The Empire of the Red Diamond, etc.

Course, that still begs the question whether that's a possible future Gillen or Ewing or anyone else actually intends to FOCUS on and show in depth, either as a possibility or something being built towards, or whether its just a cool sounding name for a possible future era, that Gillen just threw out there to pad out those pages. I don't actually expect that every possible future named in those two pages is one we'll actually see explored to any real degree. We're sure to see some of them explored, but more than a few of those named eras are likely just interesting sounding throwaways.
    I know it sounds strange and silly but I was just happy that storm finally had a future. Like we rarely get good things about her in the future it's always she does because so so and so killed the xmen or well she gave birth and nothing.

Thats why I was shocked to see her name even in a possible timeline maybe she is a dictator or something of that sort, but its gillen so I wont be surprised if its something even worse somehow. But to see her be in the future? Yeah that almost brought a tear to my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    would be nice if that is in reference to storm and perhaps it is considering she is the regent of sol.

sidebar was it ever explained anywhere why storm was chosen as Regent?
    Well according to the xoffice she was the only name they could think of that could rule the solar system and it would be perfect.

But in story? I think it will just be checked up to brand's schemes, she did say of all the leaders in krakoa only storm had the metal needed to do what needed to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Wait why do you think issue 11 is storm. I just saw something for the new imx issue "the storm system"but waiting for more info to determine what it means. It seems to be an end of mutant destiny. One if irene's destiny's paths. Doubt it means storm but with ewing you never know.
    Attachment 122026
    It's an assumption made in the absence of Storm.

Obviously whatever big thing happens with Storm is going to happen a long, long time from now.

In short, I'm bored.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    It's an assumption made in the absence of Storm.

Obviously whatever big thing happens with Storm is going to happen a long, long time from now.

In short, I'm bored.
    XD I am bored tooo, cant wait for the next x-men red.

I know it sounds strange and silly but I was just happy that storm finally had a future. Like we rarely get good things about her in the future it's always she does because so so and so killed the xmen or well she gave birth and nothing.

Thats why I was shocked to see her name even in a possible timeline maybe she is a dictator or something of that sort, but its gillen so I wont be surprised if its something even worse somehow. But to see her be in the future? Yeah that almost brought a tear to my eye.
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see an alternate future where something causes Storm to go off the deep end and we see her rule the Soul system with an iron fist crushing all rebellion and those who threaten her system. However she would be a fierce protector of her people...
    Last edited by The Regent; 06-21-2022 at 11:27 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Well according to the xoffice she was the only name they could think of that could rule the solar system and it would be perfect.

But in story? I think it will just be checked up to brand's schemes, she did say of all the leaders in krakoa only storm had the metal needed to do what needed to be done.
    im glad the offices thought of this. like is their a nomination process and how long as the regent been a thing? for ways in which Ororo would be a suitable fit, in story I can imagine there are several reasons to support a move but one could argue she wouldn't be a good fit for those very same reasons:

- pro: she's been leader of the xmen many times. con: her last time being leader resulted in her turning over the leadership to kitty because of a cloud

- pro: she was queen of wakanda, the most technological advanced nation on earth. con: she didn't do much with the position outside of lobbying against superhuman registration.

-pro: she won leadership of morlocks from Callisto even though she wasn't a part of their clan. con: morlocks were massacred on her watch.

anyway it would be nice to see this explained in story because of outside of what u mentioned the xoffices internally decided to do the reason isn't clear at all. that said, she's doing beautifully. she has won over the hearts of the Arrakkii which isn't a small feat by any means.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-21-2022 at 11:29 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see an alternate future where something causes Storm to go off the deep end and we see her rule the Soul system with an iron fist crushing all rebellion.
    Rebellions happen all the time.

I wonder if there will be a Krakoa vs Arakko civil war in the future.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

That's what would make the story interesting.

im glad the offices thought of this. like is their a nomination process and how long as the regent been a thing? for ways in which Ororo would be a suitable fit, in story I can imagine there are several reasons to support a move but one could argue she wouldn't be a good fit for those very same reasons:

- pro: she's been leader of the xmen many times. con: her last time being leader resulted in her turning over the leadership to kitty because of a cloud

- pro: she was queen of wakanda, the most technological advanced nation on earth. con: she didn't do much with the position outside of lobbying against superhuman registration.

-pro: she won leadership of morlocks from Callisto even though she wasn't a part of their clan. con: morlocks were massacred on her watch.

anyway it would be nice to see this explained in story because of outside of what u mentioned the xoffices internally decided to do the reason isn't clear at all. that said, she's doing beautifully. she has won over the hearts of the Arrakkii which isn't a small feat by any means.
    There are many things that have happened that can even disqualify her, but truly aside ororo I cant think of anyone more suited for the role. Like seriously no one. Even when I scrape and scratch my head for a single name I still cant get one she is literally perfect for it.

But yes there should be an in story reason why that will be cool.

Although krakoa will lose it will be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see an alternate future where something causes Storm to go off the deep end and we see her rule the Soul system with an iron fist crushing all rebellion and those who threaten her system. However she would be a fierce protector of her people...
    I have been thinking about that we have never seen storm go off the deepend like a clone if her nut even that clone was deemed imperfect. Like actual storm going hard ass and ruling with an iron fist hmm.

this is a huge gap for me in the story. I love what Ewing is doing for Ororo but I really would like to understand why Ororo ended up with this position considering the vast amount of characters out there.
    This is confusing to me. Because she deserves it. She is actual earth royalty, from the oldest line, and very powerful, the very reasons why fans are always saying Storm deserves better are the very reasons she is regent. IT seemed pretty clear to me they were going to give it to namor but he shut mags and xavier down at the gala and then Storm had to step up. I mean i would like to see a scene of her actually accepting it maybe or making the choice but reallly don't need a scene of a run down on why Storm was the best for it as though her stance needs to be or should be explained. She was the best for the job sums it up to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This is confusing to me. Because she deserves it. She is actual earth royalty, from the oldest line, and very powerful, the very reasons why fans are always saying Storm deserves better are the very reasons she is regent. IT seemed pretty clear to me they were going to give it to namor but he shut mags and xavier down at the gala and then Storm had to step up. I mean i would like to see a scene of her actually accepting it maybe or making the choice but reallly don't need a scene of a run down on why Storm was the best for it as though her stance needs to be or should be explained. She was the best for the job sums it up to me.
    Damn I shudder at the amount of backlash they would have received if they gave it to Namor when storm was literally right there. But yes I believe that in the xoffice it was always going to be storm. In story though it was going to be Namor till he rejected Erik and charles. It will make sense as they literally did look down on ororo in terms of her leadership abilities, charles In particular is notorious for always undermining storm when she was leader if the x-men.
    Last edited by Reigna; 06-22-2022 at 02:49 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactatiously.

Plus...I also assumed that Brand spoke with her initially, convinced her it as the right thing to do, nominated (if there were other candidates...I don't care because Storm would have always been the best choice) and endorsed her because she thought Storm would be an easy "give-her-a-throne-and-she'll-stay-quiet" pawn but was ultimately proven very, very wrong.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.

Plus...I also assumed that Brand spoke with her initially, convinced her it as the right thing to do, nominated (if there were other candidates...I don't care because Storm would have always been the best choice) and endorsed her because she thought Storm would be an easy "give-her-a-throne-and-she'll-stay-quiet" pawn but was ultimately proven very, very wrong.
    Brand is like most writers who have written badly about Storm in the last 20 years. Knowing Storm's history, not really knowing what she's capable of.