Page 771 of 833 FirstFirst ... 271671721761767768769770771772773774775781821 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,565 of 12488
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    Probably the because she was the "elegant calm peacekeeping, Mild-mannered Goddess" and because of that she was essentially trapped in that mold with no freedom to act outside of said mold, which is probably why her punk era was so popular and beloved and is still incorporated to her character today, but it would be really nice to see storm have a sense of humor
    Part of why I always really liked her friendship with Bobby, the rare times it was emphasized like in the 90s. She was able and willing to be playful with him in ways she isn't always with others, because she was self-assured in the fact that Bobby both greatly respected her and was always able to do what was needed no matter how silly or ridiculous he was being, so without the baggage that comes with a lot of her deeper interactions with other characters, she could be like 'its literally not that deep' when he was goofing off and it wasn't that serious so she's like yeah I can play with this moment and respond in kind (albeit still in her own, deadpan way).

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Part of why I always really liked her friendship with Bobby, the rare times it was emphasized like in the 90s. She was able and willing to be playful with him in ways she isn't always with others, because she was self-assured in the fact that Bobby both greatly respected her and was always able to do what was needed no matter how silly or ridiculous he was being, so without the baggage that comes with a lot of her deeper interactions with other characters, she could be like 'its literally not that deep' when he was goofing off and it wasn't that serious so she's like yeah I can play with this moment and respond in kind (albeit still in her own, deadpan way).
    i always thought the reason why she never really got loose and had fun like Bobby, is because her Abilities were anchored to her emotion she always had to keep herself at an Even plane, but then again there are loads of mutants that can act freely and still keep their powers at bay unless that's just an Elemental thing?
    "Goddess be Praised"

Astonishing Member

i always thought the reason why she never really got loose and had fun like Bobby, is because her Abilities were anchored to her emotion she always had to keep herself at an Even plane, but then again there are loads of mutants that can act freely and still keep their powers at bay unless that's just an Elemental thing?
    Tbh I think that's just a writer thing because it varies from writer to writer and I think some have used it as an excuse to limit her emotional range and just have her pontificate when there's no reason she can't be refraining from summoning a downpour and laughing at the same time. Like I can pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time and I'm not even an omega, its not that hard.

I always found that to be one of those double-edged sword traits that I'm like is this REALLY necessary and does it ADD to the character, because on the one hand it makes her sound super powerful and impressive and having all this gravitas if they're like 'she's SO powerful she has to keep her emotions in check or else she'll accidentally nuke Westchester with a Category Five Tornado' but on the other hand it kinda makes her victim to her own powers similar to what they did with Isca (which is an angle I didn't really like tbh). Its like okay what if you just let these characters be superpowerful and impressive AND in enough control of their own powers that it doesn't stop them from hitting the club every now and then, like. They can be both.

In the xmen Brazil facebook group they are intensely arguing about ororo vs Vulcan. The vulcan fans are small but very loud and the ororo fans are many but even louder lol. It's funny to me because all this about a fight that we all know how it will end. He will get struck with a bolt he will fire some energy beams, then get frozen finito.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh I think that's just a writer thing because it varies from writer to writer and I think some have used it as an excuse to limit her emotional range and just have her pontificate when there's no reason she can't be refraining from summoning a downpour and laughing at the same time. Like I can pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time and I'm not even an omega, its not that hard.

I always found that to be one of those double-edged sword traits that I'm like is this REALLY necessary and does it ADD to the character, because on the one hand it makes her sound super powerful and impressive and having all this gravitas if they're like 'she's SO powerful she has to keep her emotions in check or else she'll accidentally nuke Westchester with a Category Five Tornado' but on the other hand it kinda makes her victim to her own powers similar to what they did with Isca (which is an angle I didn't really like tbh). Its like okay what if you just let these characters be superpowerful and impressive AND in enough control of their own powers that it doesn't stop them from hitting the club every now and then, like. They can be both.

and the only times she really lost control is through extreme events shes not flash-freezing the tri-state area because she's extra angry the last time she lost control is when logan died
    "Goddess be Praised"

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    In the xmen Brazil facebook group they are intensely arguing about ororo vs Vulcan. The vulcan fans are small but very loud and the ororo fans are many but even louder lol. It's funny to me because all this about a fight that we all know how it will end. He will get struck with a bolt he will fire some energy beams, then get frozen finito.
    If she ends up flash freezing him and reality around him to ABSOLUTE ZERO Bobby style after exhausting every other option I'd be happy.

Astonishing Member

Also I genuinely keep expecting Petra and Sway to come back into things in a significant way and maybe appeal to the 'small seed of good inside him' that the alien trio claimed was in Gabe and disgusting and needed to be eliminated. Like they've put too much emphasis on that 'small bit of good' and Petra and Sway for them to not be relevant....and I also think the whole reason they've been kept out of any appearances since the Waiting Room is because the books are aiming for some big dramatic moment. So a part of me is worried the fight's gonna have Ororo stacking the deck with Gabe's literal guilty conscience in the form of his two old teammates there to **** with his head, but I HOPE that's not it because I'm still holding out for some good fucking atmospheric (pun intended) visuals and feats. I'm fine with being naive and foolish and wrong, I've wasted prayer circles on worse, lmfao.

I don't mind calling the rematch PIS if it's just replicating the result of the first battle.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    If she ends up flash freezing him and reality around him to ABSOLUTE ZERO Bobby style after exhausting every other option I'd be happy.
    as much as I dont like saying this I dont think shes gonna win, she only defeated the shell version of him and looking at what he's done and what he can do i think her chances aren't that great, especially knowing he has nothing to lose he dies so what he can come back again and again, also out of all the x-men Storm really is the one of the few that never died, I think she may need to die and do a rebirth or reach God-Hood to beat him only if she doesn't trap him in a power dampener and beat him like there's no tomorrow
    "Goddess be Praised"

Yo someone in the Brazil group mentioned the Fault, that tear in reality that was caused by the T bomb detonating in the war of kings. They said that the fault is basically acts like a huge pan dimensional Storm that sucks in worlds and twists and bends galaxies in other universes. And even has gravitational pressure and all that. And They are right!
    Screenshot_20221208-220359_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221208-220324_Chrome.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 12-08-2022 at 03:17 PM.

Screenshot_20221208-220250_Chrome.jpg

It's from realm of kings one shot. But I dont think this is as relevant to the argument about the fight as they think. I doubt it will go that far it is just one issue.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I would love to see the arguments the vulcan fans have for why storm should lose lol.

what are storm fans arguing how she could win?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would love to see the arguments the vulcan fans have for why storm should lose lol.

what are storm fans arguing how she could win?
    Oh basically they are saying that he is soo powerful and that he shouldnt be able to lose and that he took on black bolt ( a known jobber) he took on gladiator (and lost in minutes) and took on adam warlock (ambushed more like) and that he survived the T bomb which tore time and space. So basically storm is not on his class weight especially with lightning as her main weapon.

And frankly I agree with them, I will be pretty pissed if storm uses a lighting bolt to take him out. Like come on.

But the storm fans are as usual excellent and are making some very strong arguments, they demonstrated that the fault is basically one huge dimensional storm, but also the fact that storm is basically an energy manipulator and indicated that she and vulcan were of the same cloth powerwise so it will be a will power duel ultimately. It's very intersting though.

Woow the year is ending and storm basically did the same old stuff. Nothing new nothing exciting. And I know gambit is there but that book was soo convoluted and just ehh like what did she even do in that book aside keep Remy company? At least ashake was a nice touch.

Anyways such a shame hopefully next year actually gives us more that just model splash pages for storm. Because this year was meh.

as much as I dont like saying this I dont think shes gonna win, she only defeated the shell version of him and looking at what he's done and what he can do i think her chances aren't that great, especially knowing he has nothing to lose he dies so what he can come back again and again, also out of all the x-men Storm really is the one of the few that never died, I think she may need to die and do a rebirth or reach God-Hood to beat him only if she doesn't trap him in a power dampener and beat him like there's no tomorrow
    She's fully capable, what Vulcan did to Gladiator could be replicated by Storm and what Vulcan did to Nova could be countered/canceled out by Storm's own control. As I've said she could destroy his and all energy around him by going absolute zero, they could cancel each other's power out immediately like Tarn and Vulcan did and she'd whip him in hand to hand, or he unloads all his energy on her and overwhelmes her until she goes God mode and over rides his control and drains him. My concern is Ewing's focus is on the bigger picture (all of Arrako) so she'll probably end up getting help from her Brotherhood.
    Last edited by The Regent; 12-08-2022 at 04:13 PM.