Page 347 of 833 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Exactly when people believe in her she can do the impossible.

And yes she should be able to do all those things. I watched the star trek video and I will say star trek is one of those shows that perfectly demonstrates what exactly ororo should be able to do in space.

The larger conciousness thing I see it as the demiurge the very embodiment of the life force of earth, the force that gave birth to the elder gods themselves. Storm has stated that she has a deep connection spiritual and physical to this primal energy. This is the same primal energy that Wanda's sonis prophesided to inhabit and be able to change the very laws of magic like a god. The demiurge emerged from the very formation of the atmosphere of the planet like its said here;

Attachment 121226

I think it tied into why when storm became an elemental being in the alternate universe she was stated to be very detached and very intimidating based only on her presence. Seems like she had become one with this conciousness inhabiting it fully, same with rouge storm who had to stop before losing her humanity. It is why she said her heritage goes all the way back to the very dawn of life and it is a terrible strength that is ultimately apathetic. It could be why her family had the gift of godhead because they had the ability to be in synch with the very source of divinity itself the very power that birth elder gods themselves. Maybe I am reading into it too mich and it really isnt that deep lol. But at some point marvel will have to deal with why these women have the features that they do and the abilities that they do and who they really are. This could also explain why all the sky gods in each pantheon were deemed to be the supreme gods of their respective pantheons because they had the ability to touch this conciousness/power. Damn did I just create a mythology for marvel? They should come run me a check.

But like seriously I see this demiurge thing as the same as the mesopotamian concept of anutu aka the very essence of divine or heavenly power by which all powers reign and authority is dispelled.

The whole she has eyes older than time and stuff could be used as backbone for some really feel lore stuff. Oh man I am tearing up just thinking if all the things that are just there saying to be explored with storm as a chatachter. Like the potential is one very few charachters actually posses in fiction. Sadly because it's about a black woman she will not really be given her due, glad Ewing is doing that for her with regards to the omega stuffs md her chatchter.

Deluge deserves better yeah he was evil but he deserves better.
    So which one is higher on the hierarchy? The Demiurge or Gaia? I'm assuming it's the Demiurge since it gave birth to the Elder Gods and IIRC Gaia is an Elder God.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Aamito Laguna she is a Ugandan model and now actress. She is 29. And her accent african she speaks definitely yet very distinctly east african. The formal tone is there and she just naturally looks like royalty.
    Just adding this for the physicals -

Link

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Mike Carey. X-Men Legacy #233.
    that explains it. lolol I dont get the sense a lot of these writers really care for storm and / or don't understand how her powers operate. Ewing is clearly not in thst category of writers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Aamito Laguna she is a Ugandan model and now actress. She is 29. And her accent african she speaks definitely yet very distinctly east african. The formal tone is there and she just naturally looks like royalty.
    Just adding this for the physicals -

Link
    I looked her up and though I think she is gorgeous im not necessarily seeing storm. anok is probably the closest thing I've seen to storm but she's even a little thin:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that explains it. lolol I dont get the sense a lot of these writers really care for storm and / or don't understand how her powers operate. Ewing is clearly not in thst category of writers.
    Lol

And Dedra made a good point but left out the fact that Magneto managed to do this while the iron in his blood was turned to lead. But people call what Storm did PIS?

The jokes write themselves.

At this point I just want someone who can ACT and can give off that regal presence we know Storm has. Looks (not skin tone), height, hair can all be adjusted and altered. You can't fake confidence and presence. *points to Halle and Shipp's Storm*

Lol

And Dedra made a good point but left out the fact that Magneto managed to do this while the iron in his blood was turned to lead. But people call what Storm did PIS?

The jokes write themselves.
    his blood had turned to lead? how was he even alive at that point lolol. what Ewing wrote was canonically sound. im so happy Ewing is showing us how versatile her powers can truly be.

At this point I just want someone who can ACT and can give off that regal presence we know Storm has. Looks (not skin tone), height, hair can all be adjusted and altered. You can't fake confidence and presence. *points to Halle and Shipp's Storm*
    I love me some halle but I agree with u here.

his blood had turned to lead? how was he even alive at that point lolol. what Ewing wrote was canonically sound. im so happy Ewing is showing us how versatile her powers can truly be.
    You can just tell when a writer has their fave.

You can just tell when a writer has their fave.

lolol da fuk that literally should have killed him. favorite indeed lol.

But I do wonder if Storm could pull this off now that she's more experienced in using her powers. The last time they fought from the scans I saw she hit him with everything she had and nothing hurt him.

Magneto saying that his energy matrix was "close enough" to the EM spectrum makes me think that Storm wider range of manipulation would make replicating this feat far easier for he.

But I do wonder if Storm could pull this off now that she's more experienced in using her powers. The last time they fought from the scans I saw she hit him with everything she had and nothing hurt him.

Magneto saying that his energy matrix was "close enough" to the EM spectrum makes me think that Storm wider range of manipulation would make replicating this feat far easier for he.
    yup she should totally be able to do this with little to no effort.

seeing that Ewing just had her defeat Vulcan im so curious what else he has in store for her.

I looked her up and though I think she is gorgeous im not necessarily seeing storm. anok is probably the closest thing I've seen to storm but she's even a little thin:

Yeah Anok is my number one pick just dont know if she is into acting. Her natural swagger yet very regal presence is very storm, she is cool without even trying, she was signed as a major model without even trying. Her charisma is just sooo palpable. But yeah she is a little too thin, but I can see marvel getting her gonna delight to increase her weight of that's what she wants for the role. Also going by the trailer ot looks like Aamito has gained some weight for her role. Just waiting for the movie to see her acting chops.

Yeah Anok is my number one pick just dont know if she is into acting. Her natural swagger yet very regal presence is very storm, she is cool without even trying, she was signed as a major model without even trying. Her charisma is just sooo palpable. But yeah she is a little too thin, but I can see marvel getting her gonna delight to increase her weight of that's what she wants for the role. Also going by the trailer ot looks like Aamito has gained some weight for her role. Just waiting for the movie to see her acting chops.
    wait i thought she was just a model does she (anok) actually sctcas well?
    what is aamito movie about?

So which one is higher on the hierarchy? The Demiurge or Gaia? I'm assuming it's the Demiurge since it gave birth to the Elder Gods and IIRC Gaia is an Elder God.
    Yeah it's the demiurge. It is stated to be the very primal incarnation of creation.
    main-qimg-ffd6317e4d468c1d8312698cb91eb69b-pjlq.jpg
    And now I think of it I realize maybe ororo wasnt talking about the white hot room when she spoke of the core of creation, maybe she was soaking about the demiurge because the very next issue she states that she literally touches a greater larger conciousness when using her powers and that detaching from that and becoming mundane is difficult. Hmmm I really like theorizing **** like this. Ororo is such a prime charchter for story telling it's crazy how much narrative potential this woman has. Sooo grateful to he her stan.