Page 427 of 833 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Everyone wants cable dead....myself included...no hate but the character is loosing its charm -- imho --
    Oh naah I dont want him dead. He has hos charms and I know ewing will use him well.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Agree.

It's a plan that even Marvel can see as lame and unworkable.
    Not entirely for all cases -- Legion is way more interesting now than Charles ever did ....so it still depends on who's writing them -- i agree though that the Hickman's cancelled plot was so overused to apply to Storm's potential child at this point -- and at this point Marvel is loosing the charm (and the right timing) to create these kids coz they cant even make relationships work -- but sure if DC can give a Helena Kyle or Damian Wayne -- or their next generation of JL -- Marvel can -- if they want to...also seen Saga (a non Marvel comic) and its glorious birthing opening scene and is somehow a hit (on some places) lols having kids - doesnt - immediately degrades a story -- we have to remember that new mutants, and even the classic x-men were "kids" -- and Ororo featured as a thief kid is one of the things writers do have on a mental note -- they go back from time to time -- as something workable -- they even made her into an actual kid -- but again cant use that anymore for Storm its about time she either have her own biological kid or have a legacy among her students -- she can claim motherhood all she wants but that needs a degree of proof -- while I applaud that line used against Vulcan -- that word looses its meaning -- without showing that she cares for children -- or at least Marvel continue to show from time to time she deals with children who grows up becoming her legacy -- its not just PR or how fans would want it -- its about how her story would progress -- she now claiming mother? Of what? Dragons? Ahahaha how many of her previous students have acknowledged her being their idol even to say she was mother to them? Lols even Hope ironically thanks Cable for everything -- and yes Berto and Magneto mentorship at its finest just on the last issue was applauded by many more than his overused relationship with Wanda Pietro and Lorna are a good sign that readers are looking into progressive and postiive parenthood in today's comics stories -- they gave the parentood role to men characters moreso they can do that to women characters -- So I again agree to my bias -- of her mother title -- but marvel is really making priorities based on biases -- lols even Starwars are returning to the children Jedi's to continue beyond the old stories and they are still hitting home -- so Marvel should start catching up too
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 06-19-2022 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Not entirely for all cases -- Legion is way more interesting now than Charles ever did ....so it still depends on who's writing them -- i agree though that the Hickman's cancelled plot was so overused to apply to Storm's potential child at this point -- and at this point Marvel is loosing the charm (and the right timing) to create these kids coz they cant even make relationships work -- but sure if DC can give a Helena Kyle or Damian Wayne -- or their next generation of JL -- Marvel can -- if they want to...also seen Saga (a non Marvel comic) and its glorious birthing opening scene and is somehow a hit (on some places) lols having kids - doesnt - immediately degrades a story -- we have to remember that new mutants, and even the classic x-men were "kids" -- and Ororo featured as a thief kid is one of the things writers do have on a mental note -- they go back from time to time -- as something workable -- they even made her into an actual kid -- but again cant use that anymore for Storm its about time she either have her own biological kid or have a legacy among her students -- she can claim motherhood all she wants but that needs a degree of proof -- while I applaud that line used against Vulcan -- that word looses its meaning -- without showing that she cares for children -- or at least Marvel continue to show from time to time she deals with children who grows up becoming her legacy -- its not just PR or how fans would want it -- its about how her story would progress -- she now claiming mother? Of what? Dragons? Ahahaha how many of her previous students have acknowledged her being their idol even to say she was mother to them? Lols even Hope ironically thanks Cable for everything -- and yes Berto and Magneto mentorship at its finest just on the last issue was applauded by many more than his overused relationship with Wanda Pietro and Lorna are a good sign that readers are looking into progressive and postiive parenthood in today's comics stories -- they gave the parentood role to men characters moreso they can do that to women characters -- So I again agree to my bias -- of her mother title -- but marvel is really making priorities based on biases -- lols even Starwars are returning to the children Jedi's to continue beyond the old stories and they are still hitting home -- so Marvel should start catching up too
    I don't expect much from Marvel, an entertainment company that produces gimmicks.

I'll just wait to see what a writer like Ewing has planned for Storm.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It’s not Brand she has to worry about here, rather Uranos the Undying. Who is apparently Thanos’ much more hardcore and more powerful great uncle or some ****. He’s basically Marvel’s version of Darkseid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Tactile pyrokinesis I think.
    ok yeah it sounds like Storm won't be able to handle him

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    ok yeah it sounds like Storm won't be able to handle him
    Now ol has no upper limit, so nothing is impossible.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Now ol has no upper limit, so nothing is impossible.
    Nine omega mutants all having no upper limits some being able to erase gods literally from existence and you mean to tell me uranos the undying is going to jobb them all? Like how? Unless he knows all of them their abilities and has devices perfect counters I dont see it, them struggling yes, but they getting outright defeated that's something I dont even see as possible especially seeing as storm and magneto will be leading the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Nine omega mutants all having no upper limits some being able to erase gods literally from existence and you mean to tell me uranos the undying is going to jobb them all? Like how? Unless he knows all of them their abilities and has devices perfect counters I dont see it, them struggling yes, but they getting outright defeated that's something I dont even see as possible especially seeing as storm and magneto will be leading the charge.
    I believe Uranos is as intelligent as Thanos, and not just by brute force. He must have a lot of tricks.

I believe Uranos is as intelligent as Thanos, and not just by brute force. He must have a lot of tricks.
    That must be it, because! The power the nine are packing is unfathomable. But I bet it will be tricks and tactics. That's what I would love to see smart plays power moves.

Mighty Member

Forest for the trees, Uranos is something different and unless those mutants evolve past their current forms this contest won't be easy and they will lose. We are talking about a guy that took on all 3 of his brothers for 10,000 years and never loss. His durability is on a different level, super strength limits that put him past herald level and potentially above gods. We don't even know the full nature of his abilities except to say that if you beat him and he dies the world dies with him. That's why he was locked up. They can't kill him because his death would trigger the destruction of the world.

Artist stated that he had something similar to storm in mind when drawing this piece.

Screenshot_20220620-155427_Chrome.jpg

Astonishing Member

Simply the writer goes "and now he defeats them all" and then the guy pulls out one new random super power after another that were never established before, or announces that everything is actualy according to his plan and that he has them exactly where he wants them before the page goes white and they are all defeated, or that they've just activated his trap card he placed on his deck without the reader noticing, or he just pokes each of them with a finger and says: "Omae wa mou shindeiru.", or he summons the spirit of Randy Savage who body slams them all, or he reveals he made an evil clone of Squirrel Girl, or...

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Beautiful sooo divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Simply the writer goes "and now he defeats them all" and then the guy pulls out one new random super power after another that were never established before, or announces that everything is actualy according to his plan and that he has them exactly where he wants them before the page goes white and they are all defeated, or that they've just activated his trap card he placed on his deck without the reader noticing, or he just pokes each of them with a finger and says: "Omae wa mou shindeiru.", or he summons the spirit of Randy Savage who body slams them all, or he reveals he made an evil clone of Squirrel Girl, or...
    According to gillen x-men red #5 is the strongest issue in the judgement day event first month. He calls it essential reading even more than what he is writing but with how good ewing is I dont think he is exaggerating.

According to gillen x-men red #5 is the strongest issue in the judgement day event first month. He calls it essential reading even more than what he is writing but with how good ewing is I dont think he is exaggerating.
    I'm still sitting judgement out. The covers and previews really haven't done much to endear me either. Though i have done a good job of refraining from giving commentary on the covers where Storm literally is just filling the quota of color on the cover. Which i think with each new cover i actually count to see how many characters are on it now just for the rations and this event have had a lot of multi people covers. I plan on reading red and then the spinoffs, like that Fantastic Four issue with sue sounds good and i'm already reading amazing spiderman and will get that and LOX (Red and LOX are the Uncanny and X-men for me right now.) and i'm reading Knights which isn't bad but i'm finding boring because it just feels like a script with art. But from a standpoint that Gillien is a good writer it's kind of exciting that he enjoys what ewing wrote but if he enjoyed if from the standpoint of it hit on the things HE likes remains to be seen. It may just be ewing humanizing this dumb event by giving it an actual reason to exist. I still can't wrap my mind around the caring that humans find out about resurrection when they are the ones, not all, that try to kill mutants every time their numbers reach it's lows. Like every. single. time, humans in the MU see the extinction point in sight that get a fervor second wind that makes them go crazy. But i'm babbling. lol

I have to say though, based on the covers the only mutant of color that the eternals should take out are Storm and Synch if any because none of the others are anywhere to be seen on the promotional material. I mean out of all those september covers i think only storm and bp are on one and it's the same one. But if it equates to Storm having a small role which doesn't impact red or legion then there is at least that. Which is why the Jean cover overkill doesn't really bother me. Though i love some Jean it seems most of the x-men are the ones on the cover so overall i think that book will face the most consequences from judgement especially with a team shakeup on the horizon. Whereas Red and Legion could benefit from whatever happens in Axe if it doesn't touch them too much outside destroying a bit of arrako, that could actually add an interesting backdrop and history to the world building happening there.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-20-2022 at 12:43 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/