Page 726 of 833 FirstFirst ... 226626676716722723724725726727728729730736776826 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,890 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    The average storm cloud weights 1 billion 400 pounds lol and that's in their lighter medium... if she froze one and let it fall most 100 toners wouldn't be able to deal with it.
    Holy sh*t that's heavy! Like sometimes we do not fully appreciate just how much insane energy goes into controlling the weather. Like it's really no joke. I had to double check and even the most conservative estimates for a cloud during fair weather is 1 million pounds.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

BANNED

The average storm cloud weights 1 billion 400 pounds lol and that's in their lighter medium... if she froze one and let it fall most 100 toners wouldn't be able to deal with it.
    And, how many lives will be snuffed out when said 1x10^9 frozen cloud moving at terminal velocity eventually strikes the ground?
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-23-2022 at 11:41 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Um... How many will die when said 1 x 10^9 frozen cloud hits the ground?
    Villain-level destruction and possible death to innocents caught unaware underneath. Plus that would construe as harming the Earth (or Arakko) which Storm would surely feel through her empathic connection.

Even if directed specifically at Nimrod or Omega Sentinel...it's not a sure guarantee to do either of them much harm given their powersets and how they've been written. So while a cute "feat" it could be either very destructive or pointless or both, depending. (for context...I don't see storm throwing a solidified Cumulo Nimbus at a Sinister or Brand...a feat of that magnitude would require a more more powerful/worthy opponent.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-23-2022 at 11:44 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

And, how many lives will be snuffed out when said 1x10^9 frozen cloud moving at terminal velocity eventually strikes the ground?
    Well Storm isn't an idiot and would drop a small portion directly above the opponent. We're talking about what she can do not what she should do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Villain-level destruction and possible death to innocents caught unaware underneath. Plus that would construe as harming the Earth (or Arakko) which Storm would surely feel through her empathic connection.

Even if directed specifically at Nimrod or Omega Sentinel...it's not a sure guarantee to do either of them much harm given their powersets and how they've been written. So while a cute "feat" it could be either very destructive or pointless or both, depending. (for context...I don't see storm throwing a solidified Cumulo Nimbus at a Sinister or Brand...a feat of that magnitude would require a more more powerful/worthy opponent.
    I had to rephrase my last query to be sure I was making sense...

Nevertheless, I'm quite sure a 1x10^9 Lb solid object moving at terminal velocity striking the ground would be absolutely cataclysmic if not Earth ending. I'm just saying
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-23-2022 at 12:00 PM.

I doubt that would cause more harm to Arrako than pulling iron from the mantle or whatever magneto did which Storm's temperature control countered.

I had to rephrase my last query to be sure I was making sense...

Nevertheless, I'm quite sure a 1x10^9 Lb solid object moving at terminal velocity striking the ground would be absolutely cataclysmic if not Earth ending. I'm just saying
    That's true, I don't think Nimrod would survive that.

I doubt that would cause more harm to Arrako than pulling iron from the mantle or whatever magneto did which Storm's temperature control countered.
    They survived the planet getting cracked like an egg, they will easily survive a frozen cloud that is floating in the atmosphere. Hell she can do a training montage with lactuca seriving as a buffer protecting the planet against any harsh backlash, according to isca they train all the time so woll definitely like to see that. Afterall it's an era of togetherness and circuits.

Well Storm isn't an idiot and would drop a small portion directly above the opponent. We're talking about what she can do not what she should do.
    Which is why I likened the examples of her using Weather Wizard's (a DC villain) methods as to her being villainous. Because of the absolute destructive forces she could unleash would kill someone not equipped to handle it. And sure, if that was her goal...let's obliterate Sinister by discorporating all his electrons but knowingthe Storm we have, for decades, would she actually want to, need to, go that far?

One of her most subtle but effect feats recently was taking control of Vulcan's energy. She didn't go beyond the point of draining him unconscious, though. Although she could very well do so if her intent was to kill him.

And who is this Opponent who will just wait idly by while tons of solidified cloud drops on him/her? (rhetorical)

My point being...there are many other more direct and less destructive ways she can and has used her powers.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-23-2022 at 12:15 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    They survived the planet getting cracked like an egg, they will easily survive a frozen cloud that is floating in the atmosphere. Hell she can do a training montage with lactuca seriving as a buffer protecting the planet against any harsh backlash, according to isca they train all the time so woll definitely like to see that. Afterall it's an era of togetherness and circuits.

Do you seriously believe a frozen cloud will still float in the atmosphere?

Which is why I likened the examples of her using Weather Wizard's (a DC villain) methods as to her being villainous. Because of the absolute destructive forces she could unleash would kill someone not equipped to handle it. And sure, if that was her goal...let's obliterate Sinister by discorporating all his electrons but knowingthe Storm we have, for decades, would she actually want to, need to, go that far?
    I think a better question is why wouldn't she? Didn't she fry his brain before. It's not like Sinister is the only villain.

I think a better question is why wouldn't she? Didn't she fry his brain before. It's not like Sinister is the only villain.
    Because while she will kill an opponent if her hand is forced as a last resort, it is never the intent with which she engages any living opponent regardless of their evil. She is a hero after all, and one of the few who still believes in the sanctity of Life.

Do you seriously believe a frozen cloud will still float in the atmosphere?
    Why wont it suspend in the air? Her weather manipulation is a form of tk isnt it? Time for that to become useful.

download (1).jpeg
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 11-23-2022 at 12:22 PM.

I think this was such a cute little Easter egg in today's x-men. Though they arent together and he isnt really good for her, seems like storm's manner of speech has rubbed of on our resident chief technopath.

Screenshot_20221123-093348_Chrome.jpg

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Actually, they would. Most 100 tonners already have High Durability. If anything it would hurt them, but not put them down.