Page 360 of 833 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I don't know if you can point to one specific instance of Storm getting over her claustrophobia. It was more of a gradual thing. It still affected her quite badly in the 90s. But if I was forced to give a date I would say around the mid 2000s in Brubaker's Extremist arc is where she finally "conquered" it. She was imprisoned in a wooden box but she didn't panic, she remained calm and took control of the situation.

She was uneasy but that was about it, which I think is the right tact one should adhere to when addressing her claustrophobia. I think Coates made her regress too much in BP in regards to it, but other than that instance, she more or less has had a good handle on keeping it in check. Well as much as one can I suppose with something so traumatic. It's something she'll always have to struggle with.

Personally I don't want Storm to be over claustrophobia. Maybe not every single time be completely overwhelmed. It's truly one of few things that makes her human to me.

I saw it on the cartoon first and was shooked. And when I read clearmont first showing of claustrophobia , I was floored. I was like " oh yeah , she really isn't a Goddess she really is flesh and blood."

I was just reading Sam Humphreys run and there's a scene, where Storm and pslocke are underground in a subway and Storm is visibly struggling with it but is in control and moving the mission forward.

But of course we all know she is a true flesh and blood goddess waiting to ascend.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 05-24-2022 at 09:01 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you are so correct... not anything equivalent. I recall how Emma had issues using ororo powers because it was so different in application and while ororo seemed to adjust to using telepathy faster she still had troubles.

but think about it though. how many post or rants have you come across where people were upset that ororo beat Vulcan and easily? people have their perceptions of ororo in terms of what she can do, which i think a large part comes from foxmen and the xmen stories written in the 90s/2000/10s.

can you blame people for thinking Vulcan would stomp her with trash like the stuff from above?? when you have all of the deconstruction that happened with storm after Claremont wrote her I get why they come into spaces with biases. thet believe she can't do the stuff we are seeing now which aligns to her powerset but given how much she was lowballed let her have her moment to shine. no need to take a moment meant for storm and somehow randomly link it to your fave.
    How microwaves stopped Storm's power??? She literally has control over them when she uses EM spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    How microwaves stopped Storm's power??? She literally has control over them when she uses EM spectrum.
    And how did it stop her from using her internal powers. We have seen her produce lightning, plasma, heat, rain, ice, wind etc directly from her own hands. That story really made no sense but that was the queen of wakanda not storm. I mean even in worlds apart she was doing things from the other side of the planet. What really stood out through that era is how many counter measures they had him have for his wife. I mean if you think a prenup means doom what does contingency plans for a brawl mean. Lol. Writers really did them dirty. And I'm sorry but the one thing even beyond that is the original Ted Cruz moment of not protecting or going after your wife. I wonder if the writer or editor is married because I find it unbelievable

Though on the flip that skrull invasion story centered on wakanda was one of their best as a couple. I was wondering why the most advance nation was going so old school primal but the energy was everything
    Lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-24-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Jason Aaron is the reason. he was also the writer who said because there was no weather in hell she became powerless. absolute and utter trash.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The BP Marriage era was such a hot mess. It really sours the whole concept, unfortunately. But yes, basically when not written by Claremont, as she had been from the 90's onward(other X-Treme, et al), Storm was really downplayed in terms of raw strength/power/finesse but also in terms of characterization as a forceful leader, willful tactician, and cunning strategist. Ewing is doing the Goddess's work trying to course correct the character after so much neglect, but the newer fandom that isn't steeped in Claremont's lore are understandably shocked.

The Foxmen films particularly cast a wide influence and featured a horrible Storm. Here's hoping the relaunched X-Men TAS ['97] can get the masses reacquainted with the Storm whose power dwarves her peers. The one who channeled the power of a galactic core of millions of stars and planets at once. The one who contained Eternity. The one who stopped an entire dimension from unravelling after usurping control from the native gods[the Trion]. Storm was a beast from day one(she brought the power to the Polaris dynamo move that flung Krakoa into space).

Ewing will need to be a little more exact in his depictions, and maybe even slow down and show a bit more. But I like where he's going so far. His Storm is like the Daenerys we all wanted from GOT. Here's hoping he can keep exploring the depth and breath of her powers as an Omega mutant and as a politician. I wish we would see more of Claremont's XSE Storm, though. The one who can do political maneuvers with the best of them.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Jason Aaron is the reason. he was also the writer who said because there was no weather in hell she became powerless. absolute and utter trash.
    And x-men fans love Aaron yikes now theres the common denominator sad life

Agreed. I really hope to not see Storm under his pen again. I don’t think Aaron liked using or exploring Storm’s powers. He seemed to find ways to have her use other skills he liked more (H2H combat, lock picking, escape artist), which I personally enjoyed, however, not at the expense of him undermining/diminishing her powers/how her powers work. He had duch an imbalanced approach to her, which I found super annoying, because his approach regresses Storm only surface level control of weather (a la Lobdell level regression) despite what was established by Canon from the gate.

I think we’ll get a much more balanced approach from Ewing.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And how did it stop her from using her internal powers. We have seen her produce lightning, plasma, heat, rain, ice, wind etc directly from her own hands. That story really made no sense but that was the queen of wakanda not storm. I mean even in worlds apart she was doing things from the other side of the planet. What really stood out through that era is how many counter measures they had him have for his wife. I mean if you think a prenup means doom what does contingency plans for a brawl mean. Lol. Writers really did them dirty. And I'm sorry but the one thing even beyond that is the original Ted Cruz moment of not protecting or going after your wife. I wonder if the writer or editor is married because I find it unbelievable

Though on the flip that skrull invasion story centered on wakanda was one of their best as a couple. I was wondering why the most advance nation was going so old school primal but the energy was everything
    Lol
    Its funny because Aaron is also the one who wrote the Skrull Invasion storyline, where he again kept Storm from really using her powers due to "plans" from T'Challa. The more I read that story the less I like it. Its strange because Aaron writes a decent T'Challa, but I still have yet to truly enjoy his take on Storm.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

im sorry but what the hell did xmen red 2 have to do with Jean? that would be just like someone saying xmen resurrection or the first xmen red showed just how powerful storm was. they're not the same nor is there a reason for them to be. they are powerful in their own ways and for different reasons. really wish folks will allow storm to enjoy her shine without trying to pull other characters in the view
    Well its screen rant have they gotten Storm caster, not stormbreaker, correct this time?....ugh guess not....

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The BP Marriage era was such a hot mess. It really sours the whole concept, unfortunately. But yes, basically when not written by Claremont, as she had been from the 90's onward(other X-Treme, et al), Storm was really downplayed in terms of raw strength/power/finesse but also in terms of characterization as a forceful leader, willful tactician, and cunning strategist. Ewing is doing the Goddess's work trying to course correct the character after so much neglect, but the newer fandom that isn't steeped in Claremont's lore are understandably shocked.

The Foxmen films particularly cast a wide influence and featured a horrible Storm. Here's hoping the relaunched X-Men TAS ['97] can get the masses reacquainted with the Storm whose power dwarves her peers. The one who channeled the power of a galactic core of millions of stars and planets at once. The one who contained Eternity. The one who stopped an entire dimension from unravelling after usurping control from the native gods[the Trion]. Storm was a beast from day one(she brought the power to the Polaris dynamo move that flung Krakoa into space).

Ewing will need to be a little more exact in his depictions, and maybe even slow down and show a bit more. But I like where he's going so far. His Storm is like the Daenerys we all wanted from GOT. Here's hoping he can keep exploring the depth and breath of her powers as an Omega mutant and as a politician. I wish we would see more of Claremont's XSE Storm, though. The one who can do political maneuvers with the best of them.
    im not certain its just new fandom. I've seen people familiar with Claremont's work on twitter who expressed that ororo was too OP. additionally while I agree Ewing is doing phenomenally I dont know what else he can do to be more exact. he explained that storm is an energy manipulator as well. she was able to find flaw in him and exploit it allowing her to effectively shut him down.

that said, I do agree that much of why some don't understand her powers are dire fly due to the nerfing she experienced in the 90s once Claremont stopped writing the xmen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. I really hope to not see Storm under his pen again. I don’t think Aaron liked using or exploring Storm’s powers. He seemed to find ways to have her use other skills he liked more (H2H combat, lock picking, escape artist), which I personally enjoyed, however, not at the expense of him undermining/diminishing her powers/how her powers work. He had duch an imbalanced approach to her, which I found super annoying, because his approach regresses Storm only surface level control of weather (a la Lobdell level regression) despite what was established by Canon from the gate.

I think we’ll get a much more balanced approach from Ewing.
    I had my fill on him and don't want to ever see him write her ever again. The Tchalla battle was a mess but the hell story was more than enough for me. You want to show her use her h2h fine but the way he did it was abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    And x-men fans love Aaron yikes now theres the common denominator sad life
    do they?? why is that?

Well its screen rant have they gotten Storm caster, not stormbreaker, correct this time?....ugh guess not....
    lolol

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But in a way you have just given it life here. No offense but I don't see the point of bringing it into an appreciation thread. I would have preferred never having to read unless that person has posted it here for it to happen. Just seems like unnecessary negative energy.
    Lols someone asked me the other day how do I still need to post storm feats in a storm fan group -- and he cant believe that storm feat is still in question --- 35 minutes later someone from the same group disagreed about the vulcan storm fight to the point -- i retagged the person and have him experience explaining to clueless "storm fan" himself and the clueless one was firm in his beliefs like seriously -- its a continuous battle....while I do enjoy this thread for being all legit about storm -- some medium has them members who are basically clueless about her energy manipulation -- i guess this fight is for life - not every storm fan even read comics some of them reacts only when I post about fox movie verse -- and some bandwagon on it with their dear life even -- thats why canon is important imho - some facts were actually based on opinion -- seriously clueless guy even got back stating that since writer is inexperienced blah blah --- thats why he is considering it non canon -- even if it was already print -- like seriously where was he basing his "fact" even -- and I am not yet even starting with tiktok people who give out "facts based on opinions" on Storm like come on....now i like people with guts but people who create fake news nope -- not with my favorite character

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Its funny because Aaron is also the one who wrote the Skrull Invasion storyline, where he again kept Storm from really using her powers due to "plans" from T'Challa. The more I read that story the less I like it. Its strange because Aaron writes a decent T'Challa, but I still have yet to truly enjoy his take on Storm.
    tchalla fans love him but every instance he's written her he shows he has no clue how to write her powerwise.

Lols someone asked me the other day how do I still need to post storm feats in a storm fan group -- and he cant believe that storm feat is still in question --- 35 minutes later someone from the same group disagreed about the vulcan storm fight to the point -- i retagged the person and have him experience explaining to clueless "storm fan" himself and the clueless one was firm in his beliefs like seriously -- its a continuous battle....while I do enjoy this thread for being all legit about storm -- some medium has them members who are basically clueless about her energy manipulation -- i guess this fight is for life - not every storm fan even read comics some of them reacts only when I post about fox movie verse -- and some bandwagon on it with their dear life even -- thats why canon is important imho - some facts were actually based on opinion -- seriously clueless guy even got back stating that since writer is inexperienced blah blah --- thats why he is considering it non canon -- even if it was already print -- like seriously where was he basing his "fact" even -- and I am not yet even starting with tiktok people who give out "facts based on opinions" on Storm like come on....now i like people with guts but people who create fake news nope -- not with my favorite character
    It's funny because I was once listening to this podcast once the omega mutant list came out and one guy who confessed he was a storm fan said outright he doesnt like she was omega... he always preferred jean being more powerful than storm and what not. Frankly that really didnt shock me, it made sense. It also explained why some people who claim to be storm fans are very much against her embracing her magical and divine heritage, essentially she should shut down a very important aspect of her identity because they think it's too much. And like I said I honestly cant blame them. Many want the street fighter infact most writers want the street fighting "thug" version hence why they downplay her innate god tier abilities so she can go kick demons, black panther or whoever.
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-24-2022 at 12:07 PM.

tchalla fans love him but every instance he's written her he shows he has no clue how to write her powerwise.
    Because she isnt his cup of tea? Sane with bandis, who made her like rocket. She is not that important to him or else he would have put his back into into it.

Ohk so I have to confess an anxiety about the mcu. I feel like of all the x ladies they have to actually try to do right by storm or else she wont blow up as much as they want to or think she can. They have to really take their time and find the right actress and train her very well for the physicality the role takes when it comes to her combat. They have to put their whole pussy into it as the bird heads will say. Because and I dont mean to be rude but the mcu has demonstrated that being just white is enough to make you blow up. So they should put their actual effort into the poc cast not only just storm but yes storm most if all since sfe is the most high profile.