Page 538 of 833 FirstFirst ... 38438488528534535536537538539540541542548588638 ... LastLast
Results 8,056 to 8,070 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Love the melanin. Love the detailed explanation of her powers. Hate the haircut.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    The excuse for not using Storm was expected, but not surprising. You really have to wonder why creators keep hiding behind the "being used elsewhere thing."

This event has barely even started and I am just ready to move on. Its already gargantuan, the Eternals are just NOT interesting, and now Storm and Arrako are just regulated to inconsequential side show status in the narrative and it just makes it that much harder to be enthused. Ewing has been derailed again and I would just rather get back to the stuff he was already building towards.

I think my like of Jean and Nightcrawler is the only thing that is going to allow me to power through this thing.
    isn't Jean being used elsewhere? isn't Kurt too ? gillen acts as if this is early 2000s when she was in black panther. that isn't the case. if the xoffices wanted to use her they would. he doesn't write her because he doesn't want to and thats a win for us; however, it does give me concerns that once Ewing is gone storm will go back to being wallpaper.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    isn't Jean being used elsewhere? isn't Kurt too ? gillen acts as if this is early 2000s when she was in black panther. that isn't the case. if the xoffices wanted to use her they would. he doesn't write her because he doesn't want to and thats a win for us; however, it does give me concerns that once Ewing is gone storm will go back to being wallpaper.

And this is why I never complained when storm showed up in the BP books. Hopefully Ewing can write her for a good minute,

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    And this is why I never complained when storm showed up in the BP books. Hopefully Ewing can write her for a good minute,
    exactly! storm was getting development in that book when her own office wasn't interested in her. whenever the xiffices were asked why they were not doing anything with her they pointed to her being in the black panther books. now an xwriter says he can't use her because she is being used in another xbook lolololol. do they have a template response that just says she is being used elsewhere lol. Jean is in xmen and nightcrawker in legion book; this hasn't affected them being featured.

but let me just say even though that excuse is bs gillen has shown to not be a great storm writer so that is win fir us.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

exactly! storm was getting development in that book when her own office wasn't interested in her. whenever the xiffices were asked why they were not doing anything with her they pointed to her being in the black panther books. now an xwriter says he can't use her because she is being used in another xbook lolololol. do they have a template response that just says she is being used elsewhere lol. Jean is in xmen and nightcrawker in legion book; this hasn't affected them being featured.

but let me just say even though that excuse is bs gillen has shown to not be a great storm writer so that is win fir us.
    Well, Jean and Nightcrawler are both in X-Books so there's that...
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-02-2022 at 09:01 AM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I don't know why, but i'm getting a feeling that Storm is turning into Captain Marvel.........

I feel it in my Giblets.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Well, Jean and Nightcrawler are both in X-Books so there's that...
    and so is storm...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I don't know why, but i'm getting a feeling that Storm is turning into Captain Marvel.........

I feel it in my Giblets.

how???

Agreed. I appreciated his honesty here, even though it was nonsensical. At the end of the day his writing is definitely not a loss for Storm/her fandom with respect to be importance in the event. Gillen hasn’t done anything to inspire a desire in us to see him write Storm in a substantive/important way (that wouod likely backfire HARD) as when he did it back in Uncanny, she was:

- Regressively written as a pacificist
    - Incompetent in combat
    - Added no value to the run
    - Had no voice when it mattered

Not knocking Gillen but I respect his event (may not get most of it since its characters I’m not interested in reading) and I’d rather not see him do much with Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. I appreciated his honesty here, even though it was nonsensical. At the end of the day his writing is definitely not a loss for Storm/her fandom with respect to be importance in the event. Gillen hasn’t done anything to inspire a desire in us to see him write Storm in a substantive/important way (that wouod likely backfire HARD) as when he did it back in Uncanny, she was:

- Incompetent in combat

Not knocking Gillen but I respect his event (may not get most of it since its characters I’m not interested in reading) and I’d rather not see him do much with Storm.
    HEY BOO!!!

I agree to all of this as well it would be nice to see storm get love in an event but if not seeing her featured means we don't get his uncanny version of her revisited then we win!!!

oan: can't wait for xmen red to drop tomorrow even though I've been told spoilers:
    storm doesnt appear in the issue at all
    end of spoilers

HEY BOO!!!

I agree to all of this as well it would be nice to see storm get love in an event but if not seeing her featured means we don't get his uncanny version of her revisited then we win!!!

oan: can't wait for xmen red to drop tomorrow even though I've been told spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Interesting. Disappointing but may be that is a good thing/important story component. I got the impression this issue will focus on the showdown with Uranos (led by Cable, Magneto, & Brand + GR Arakki). This issue feels like it’ll be a point of contention for Storm later on based on what we find out what the hell happened when she left for Krakoa and doesn’t appear to have arrived, and not on Arakko to be part of that battle (which is probably a good thing). Part of me would love to see her get a solo throw down with the Hex in Arakko, then deal with Isca, then deal with Fei’s eviction (which would end in a very public bloddy execution if I were Storm), and then deal with Brand. Also wouid lvoe vengeance against the Eternals but the X-Men Monday interview panels make me think the Eternals will wnd up being the heroes here :-/…Zzzzzzzz.

HEY BOO!!!

end of spoilers
    Lol. When Gillen praised that issue awhile back I already knew she wasn't going to be in it at all.

Lol. When Gillen praised that issue awhile back I already knew she wasn't going to be in it at all.

Interesting. Disappointing but may be that is a good thing/important story component. I got the impression this issue will focus on the showdown with Uranos (led by Cable, Magneto, & Brand + GR Arakki). This issue feels like it’ll be a point of contention for Storm later on based on what we find out what the hell happened when she left for Krakoa and doesn’t appear to have arrived, and not on Arakko to be part of that battle (which is probably a good thing). Part of me would love to see her get a solo throw down with the Hex in Arakko, then deal with Isca, then deal with Fei’s eviction (which would end in a very public bloddy execution if I were Storm), and then deal with Brand. Also wouid lvoe vengeance against the Eternals but the X-Men Monday interview panels make me think the Eternals will wnd up being the heroes here :-/…Zzzzzzzz.
    the heroes?? when their own brought all this unnecessary destruction to mutantkind? smh lol sounds like something gillen would do.. seriously I would be good to never read about another event involving mutant annihilation of some sort.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

You absolutely RIGHT.

and so is storm...

how???
    I don't want to tell you in fear that my Giblets may be correct.

- Incompetent in combat

And that's why i'm not tripping that she is not in this EVENT. Honestly GOOD RIDDANCE.

HEY BOO!!!

end of spoilers
    This will have a bad impact on Storm, you told me she disappeared while her family and friends were being slaughtered, her planet and her people were facing imminent destruction and still didn't show up?

Well, Ewing may be planning to make Storm a lone hero in the next issue.Perhaps even better, because what follows is not set in advance for certain failure.
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 08-02-2022 at 11:54 AM.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wasn't expecting her to be in XMR 05 as she was already on Krakoa (as stated in the preview) when Uranos showed up and then destroyed the gates...so there was no way for her to get back within the hour he took to decimate Arakko.

She will/should be royally pissed when she finds out though...so I'm expecting her to do some major damage at some point later on, in issue #6, perhaps?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-02-2022 at 11:56 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!