Page 547 of 833 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557597647 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 12488
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's Gillen's event but for all intents and purposes...Storm is just furniture when she appears in IMX. That's not on Ewing. He's not even trying to give her role in this. Meanwhile Ewing is doing his part and making sure that the Arakkii are front and centre of this fight for survival.

So again I ask...who is trying to take her down a peg for this genocide?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I will say if this was latervia or Wankanda, or atlantis or Asgard and someone completely leveled it and the main writer didn't say boo somethings would have been said. I don't get why people keep trying to put this on Ewing why is it just his job to use his book that isn't even a solo to show a reaction to something that happened in someone elses event. So i guess it would have to be gillien. Again it makes no sense to come up with that plan and then rely others to give all the reactions especially when the character is in one of your books and then the artist and story has her just sitting there so at least one person of color is on a page. He did his part, Storm was not on arrako when events took place gillien had here specifically come to krakoa meaning he pulled her directly into where his story was taking place.
    Ewing didn't go let me destroy arrako on storm watch so it has to be him. This is his story and his choice but yes Ewing did the lord's work with Gillien directions on what had to go.

Lmao thinking about it further people acting as though they don't know is mad hilarious. It would be like blaming the next writer who wrote about decimation and saying who is at fault for the next writer having to write about depowered mutants. Lmao
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-05-2022 at 11:04 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's Gillen's event but for all intents and purposes...Storm is just furniture when she appears in IMX. That's not on Ewing. He's not even trying to give her role in this. Meanwhile Ewing is doing his part and making sure that the Arakkii are front and centre of this fight for survival.

So again I ask...who is trying to take her down a peg for this genocide?
    I for one don't think anyone is taking her down a peg. But, this is another situation where a Genocidal Event is happening during Storm's Leadership. Is it her fault? No. Is she directly responsible? No. Is it coincidental? Sure, but this is the 3rd time now. And it's becoming a thing for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I for one don't think anyone is taking her down a peg. But, this is another situation where a Genocidal Event is happening during Storm's Leadership. Is it her fault? No. Is she directly responsible? No. Is it coincidental? Sure, but this is the 3rd time now. And it's becoming a thing for her.
    Not to mention most of us were fine with Gillien not writing storm in IMX. Posts after posts people were like "not expecting much at least we got red." he don't want to use her because she somewhere else blab blah in judgement okay. well why not think of a better way to get your story off the ground. who goes after the one book with a diverse cast to be like "they have to go" and you have no intention of creating any of that in your work or to even explore it in your work so now your peeing on other people parade who were fine with what you were doing or not doing in your own book. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Not to mention most of us were fine with Gillien not writing storm in IMX. Posts after posts people were like "not expecting much at least we got red." he don't want to use her because she somewhere else blab blah in judgement okay. well why not think of a better way to get your story off the ground. who goes after the one book with a diverse cast to be like "they have to go" and you have no intention of creating any of that in your work or to even explore it in your work so now your peeing on other people parade who were fine with what you were doing or not doing in your own book. lol
    very good observation. I have my thoughts as why but im not shocked. isn't this the same writer that had sinister call storm a pet/dog? also satirus brought up a great point. as much as I've enjoyed red we still don't know why storm was chose as Regent. add to this she's been pretty much a mute in this event makes me believe this position isn't as important as initially presented.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

I will say if this was latervia or Wankanda, or atlantis or Asgard and someone completely leveled it and the main writer didn't say boo somethings would have been said. I don't get why people keep trying to put this on Ewing why is it just his job to use his book that isn't even a solo to show a reaction to something that happened in someone elses event. So i guess it would have to be gillien. Again it makes no sense to come up with that plan and then rely others to give all the reactions especially when the character is in one of your books and then the artist and story has her just sitting there so at least one person of color is on a page. He did his part, Storm was not on arrako when events took place gillien had here specifically come to krakoa meaning he pulled her directly into where his story was taking place.
    We really shouldn't have to wait for Ewing to give us a reaction when it was Gillen's plot that wrecked her planet. It's not really hard to have your penciler create a panel that shows this. That's my biggest critique. He pulled her off Arrako and doesn't bother to show what her response is to his story. That's lazy writing. I don't need her to star in this event. I just need an expression of how she feels in her voice. I realize I am asking to much from Gillen. He literally can't but it's not that hard to do a panel.

I will strongly admit that I was the first one. LOL I don't expect a damn thing from Gillen when Storm is concerned. I don't really care that Storm is Furniture or Paper Weight or in the Background in this Event. Would I like for a better explanation as to why, but HELL that's also asking for too much. So, by ALL MEANS let Ewing take care of Storm and let Gillen ruin the other Characters. So, I think WE ALL got Lucky Gillen decided to not write her.

I for one am not complaining. I enjoy seeing another writer mess up other people's Favorites. :-) C'mon ya'll ENJORY the ride with me.

WEEEeeeeee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    We really shouldn't have to wait for Ewing to give us a reaction when it was Gillen's plot that wrecked her planet. It's not really hard to have your penciler create a panel that shows this. That's my biggest critique. He pulled her off Arrako and doesn't bother to show what her response is to his story. That's lazy writing. I don't need her to star in this event. I just need an expression of how she feels in her voice. I realize I am asking to much from Gillen. He literally can't but it's not that hard to do a panel.
    agreed to this but again are we surprised. I think what I find most comical is the excuse he gave that she was used elsewhere and as such couldn't be used in his event. lolol can you imagine Ewing/xeditors telling gillen no storm is not to be touched as she is in red lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Thank you, that's pretty much all i'm saying as well. And it does look sort of strange when you can pull people from other books but the three most diverse people from those books are no where to be found. Storm, she is too busy and somewhere which i think his response is because he literally didn't think where she would be until ewing wrote her. Bishop is a war captain as is Kwannon and neither of them are there. That's three diverse characters that should have at least a reaction here and nothing. Not a peep. But we suppose to think flashback that have notihng to even do with the event is somehow suppose to sell the story. Like i don't mind something being what it is but i hate when people act like they are the smartest person in the room when they are double speaking or saying things that make no sense. But i shouldn't be surprised the fact that he thinks Uranus is anything like Logan Roy tell me all i need to know. Maybe he don't get the show.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed to this but again are we surprised. I think what I find most comical is the excuse he gave that she was used elsewhere and as such couldn't be used in his event. lolol can you imagine Ewing/xeditors telling gillen no storm is not to be touched as she is in red lolol
    Exactly this. She in your book. She is part of immortal. You can coordinate that Arrako must go, but he couldn't communicate about a character in one of his own books who sits on the council. At least make it make sense. Especially since she was literally dragged off the red planet when nightcrawler came to visit. Sorry i can't play that dumb. lol And that's a reason you won't see me be like take her off the council so it would really be an all white book for the most part, if he don't want to write the council or can't maybe he should go write something else because i won't be brow beat with lackluster material.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    You say "a Thing"...what I'm trying to figure out is what exactly is that "thing"? And how relevant is it to Storm?
    Is it...
    A notch on her genocidal event belt to brag about in the Red Lagoon?
    Another mark of Shame and Failure?
    A commentary on her leadership skills?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Exactly this. She in your book. She is part of immortal. You can coordinate that Arrako must go, but he couldn't communicate about a character in one of his own books who sits on the council. At least make it make sense. Especially since she was literally dragged off the red planet when nightcrawler came to visit. Sorry i can't play that dumb. lol And that's a reason you won't see me be like take her off the council so it would really be an all white book for the most part, if he don't want to write the council or can't maybe he should go write something else because i won't be brow beat with lackluster material.
    all of this. immortal xmen and the eternal event is massively a story being told and driven by the white characters of marvel. its a return to the status quo and while unfortunate its not shocking or surprising in the least.

It's the ONLY black female and ONLY female ruler Marvel has right now in their ENTIRE line, hell the only female leader of color period at marvel right now and they seem stuck on letting her preside over poisonous gasses or have people die on her watch with little to no reaction. I wish people would tell US what we are suppose to interpret that as or what it means? maybe we too close to it. Anybody?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You say "a Thing"...what I'm trying to figure out is what exactly is that "thing"? And how relevant is it to Storm?
    Is it...
    A notch on her genocidal event belt to brag about in the Red Lagoon?
    Another mark of Shame and Failure?
    A commentary on her leadership skills?
    None of things. It's simply when Storm takes up a Leadership role somehow Genocide seems to follow soon after. It has nothing to do with her Skills as a Leader or Bragging rights or whatever Failure she perceives. It's just that Bad things always want to surface when Storm is in charge.