Page 549 of 833 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 12488
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yup, and they try to sneak an all white male writing team too but Gillien don't have what it takes to occupy Hickman's chair. I mean gillien tried to throw some flowers at tini but i guess his interview is right imagine what the x-line would be without tini as of right now with what was released wednesday it would be one good book suffering at the hands of a pretentious one using the book of color as it's stepping stool.
    Facts, big facts. Thank goodness Red is too popular a book for that nonsense to stick. To be fair I really doubt any of them are thinking like this.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    COLONIAL PET!!?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

all i can do is interpret the event and what is presented. it is a fact Storm is the only black female leader and this would not happen to Thor, Dr. Doom, or Odin where they had no perspective of their respective land being destroyed. And out of all the characters in space or who have been captains he has only chosen to write about the white ones. it is what it is, i don't need to do any mental gymnastics to state exactly what the optics are. in fact others seem to be doing the most to make it not what's in front of them. lol

The three writers i don't know who that is so i'm leaving it alone. I don't feel like simplifying my thought patterns to even address something so lacking context so eh.
    But we are not talking about Doom. Or Thor. Or anybody else.

A statement/observation was made specifically about Storm and her specific connection as "leader" to three massacre events that plot-wise did not and does not have anything to do with her.
    She didn't cause MM.
    She didn't cause M-Pox.
    She didn't cause JD.

One can say that throughout these events and every decimation event that has been perpetrated against mutants...she, like Jean, Scott, Magneto, Xavier, the Morlocks, Genoshans...is a victim fighting against forces that would see her and her people annihilated.
    By that notion...Marvel not only has it out for its ONLY Black Female leader but for all mutants and the mutant franchise as a whole.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    COLONIAL PET!!?

lmfaoooo.... sinister did... he acknowledged his racist tendencies in immortal xmen I believe lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Now the people on Earth did not have an election where Storm could be Regent of the Solar System. With Arrako’s population reduced by 98 percent, can Storm even still claim that title? She can be regent or queen of Mars/Arrako. But the solar system? With just two percent of her people remaining.

Don’t think so.

Krakoa hasn’t gotten around to resurrecting most Genoshans. I think they may resurrect Idyll and known/important Arraki. The others are screwed.

lmfaoooo.... sinister did... he acknowledged his racist tendencies in immortal xmen I believe lol
    Which gillien had him hurry up and erase. lol. lawd.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Exactly. I mean Jeff Lemire didn't write the gas story but he was given Storm as the only leader left and like Ewing did the best he could with that situation and the x-men imo came out on top in thanks to what he did there. Ewing was thrown his beat by Gillien. Claremont explored his own beat. This is literally the only writer who started the event, destroyed the character land, but took the character from the place before he did it and then had her disappear by saying she being used elsewhere. i mean how are they even remotely close to the same thing. i just can't sometimes yo.
    I thought lemire did write the ivx stuff. Ewing was writing that? please say it isn't so..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

The only time Marvel had it out for mutants is when they did not have the mutant film rights. As for the rat should we just watch them drink tea all day?

I thought lemire did write the ivx stuff. Ewing was writing that? please say it isn't so..
    no Lemire wrote extrodinary xmen. Ewing had nothing to do with that crap. I don't remember who had black bolt drop the gas though i want to say hickman but i'm not sure. Charles Terrigen mist is a peanut allergy Soule wrote I vs x. He also wrote death of wolverine and basically gave storm no panel as being important to wolverine. i remember some of the storm/bp fans having a good laugh over that one. lol

He also went out of his way to create a magical mutant with like wolverines claws and her moms mystic side. imagine jimmy hudson with long hair. hot claws... lmao.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-05-2022 at 12:47 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Charles Soule and Jeff Lemire wrote that garbage.

Which gillien had him hurry up and erase. lol. lawd.
    with killing off the clone? I forget what happened lol

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Now the people on Earth did not have an election where Storm could be Regent of the Solar System. With Arrako’s population reduced by 98 percent, can Storm even still claim that title? She can be regent or queen of Mars/Arrako. But the solar system? With just two percent of her people remaining.

Don’t think so.

Krakoa hasn’t gotten around to resurrecting most Genoshans. I think they may resurrect Idyll and known/important Arraki. The others are screwed.

I think this was a discussion made on a galatic level. it wouldn't have been solely up to the inhabitants of earth.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

[QUOTE=Cyclone_Ablaze;6150764]
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

For it too happen more than once can't just be a Conspiracy THeroy
    So...you're saying that it isn't coincidental (despite saying exactly that in your previous post) but intentional...and has always been throughout the decades since Claremont wrote the Mutant Massacre. Acknowledging that three different Writers under three different Editorials in three different Eras have all been writing to undermine this one, notable character, Storm.

Okies.

Glad we cleared that up.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

He did, but he's no racist anymore. He took that Personality out....

no Lemire wrote extrodinary xmen. Ewing had nothing to do with that crap. I don't remember who had black bolt drop the gas though i want to say hickman but i'm not sure. Charles Terrigen mist is a peanut allergy Soule wrote I vs x. He also wrote death of wolverine and basically gave storm no panel as being important to wolverine. i remember some of the storm/bp fans having a good laugh over that one. lol

He also went out of his way to create a magical mutant with like wolverines claws and her moms mystic side. imagine jimmy hudson with long hair. hot claws... lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Charles Soule and Jeff Lemire wrote that garbage.
    ok thanks for clarifying. having storm being menaced by a cloud was seriously one of the biggest troll story I've ever read.

I don't know what happened to you Wallstreeter but you seem mad different my dude. Like what does Kamala got to do with anything. nevermind. you do you.
    It's better to ignore him. Anyone who essentially called a black female character a man or a drag queen because she's in a position power isn't worth acknowledgement.