Page 344 of 833 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 12488

I also like the way the Arraki people seem to love Storm. The way they cheer for her is awesome.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I dont blame them either. I mean its sooo bad even certain self proclaimed storm fans believe it was tooo much. Saying why did she have to do that maybe a wind attack or something but vulcan is energy storm is not.... and more **** like that.

They really just see storm as a glorified airbender who can lightning bend. Like it's really that bad.
    But again, that's been her status quo for years. She really was a glorified airbender who could shoot lightning. If you notice even when Ewing is doing her "opening move' it's not lightning or wind attacks. It's cold/ice which is something she hardly did before she was under his hand. We've had her freeze Lava man who challenged her, the nameless Regent (so much that she froze her bloodflow), and now Vulcan who had him encased in a solid block of ice in the blink of an eye.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I also like the way the Arraki people seem to love Storm. The way they cheer for her is awesome.
    Right!? I'm so glad Ewing is slowly but surely expanding her relationship with them.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Looks like we'll get two issues of Red in June.Then July will be dry.
    I figured they'll make up not having double issues last month like originally planned. I'm happy we'll get Red twice for my birthday month.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    But again, that's been her status quo for years. She really was a glorified airbender who could shoot lightning. If you notice even when Ewing is doing her "opening move' it's not lightning or wind attacks. It's cold/ice which is something she hardly did before she was under his hand. We've had her freeze Lava man who challenged her, the nameless Regent (so much that she froze her bloodflow), and now Vulcan who had him encased in a solid block of ice in the blink of an eye.
    The characterization she got was also piss poor. I really hope we get more and more from storm. We get creative expansion in her abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Storm did so much in such a little space of time. So many feats here. First, did anyone else notice she stopped a full forward charging Vulcan by grabbing him by the throat! This seemed to be a feat of strength, perhaps enhanced by her energy manipulating abilities, but outside of the chokehold, there didn't seem to be any other force at play. Could this suggest like a telekinetic, she is now using energies to enhance her own strength? Secondly, she completely subdued and wrestled control of all of the energy that Vulcan was using. This isn't surprising if one looks at how she once wrestled control away from Trion. Finally, she used this energy to technically fry Vulcan from the inside out, once again demonstrating her fine control over said energy by attacking opponents internally. This is before we even get to her indomitable will and energy perception. I also feel like there was a nod to the Hadari Yao as it was established that when Storm showed up the Arraki were inspired and believed in her potentially even fueling her strength on top of it. I only add this because that was one issue that Brand had and talked about with Vulcan afterward. The biggest question I have here now is....did she just open up a debate for being an Omega Energy Manipulator? The only reason I ask is because of the definition of what it means to be Omega in that category type. Or was this a demonstration of skill and will power. The end panel with Vulcan left that open for debate in my opinion by suggesting that Vulcan has not yet come close to reaching his potential. Like Iceman before, perhaps Vulcan lacks creativity and true skill with his potential as an energy manipulator and Storm, much like with Iceman, has mastered these forces and could even perhaps help Vulcan to unlock some of the control and imagination he lacks. (Which is kind of scary given Vulcan's past feats as well). However, with Storm's abilities to see Energy and manipulate them as weather to the point of wrestling control from other seemingly more powerful forces, would this not lend the argument that she is in fact the Omega in Energy manipulation. Or does perhaps the description of Weather Manipulator in fact trump all other energy manipulation as maybe most natural forces are involved in or demonstrated by the ability to manipulate the energies that bring about weather phenomena. I found her words I am Mother and Vulcan describing himself as Son somewhat metaphorical in that perhaps Storm represents the "origins" of all said energies. For example, Magneto cannot control the weather but in controlling the weather storm does in fact manipulate certain electromagnetic forces. Same with Iceman and cold. Her versatility gives her insight into all forms of energy manipulation even if she may not be the head honcho in that category (or perhaps she is, just due to classification she is labeled weather manipulator). It reminds me of the Emma Frost vs Rachel debate in regards to telepathy. So much richness here. Definitely another pure display of respect for Storm's power here. I must say it's thrilling to read a story where a black female hero is respected and represented so powerfully like any other premiere white male hero would be. Storm is finally truly a verified force and nothing to play with.
    If you look at it, Storm and Vulcan essentially have the same power. The key difference is that hers manifests itself as weather phenomena added to the fact that shes always been written to manipulate any kind of energy as long as it is part of the natural order of her surroundings, unlike Gabriel who can manipulate anything anywhere
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I figured they'll make up not having double issues last month like originally planned. I'm happy we'll get Red twice for my birthday month.
    Happy birthday month!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Oooh a variant I see which issue please.

The characterization she got was also piss poor. I really hope we get more and more from storm. We get creative expansion in her abilities.
    Amen.

It'll take time to wipe out the decades of storm that's been fed to the general populace but hopefully this is the beginning of resurgence of STORM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    If you look at it, Storm and Vulcan essentially have the same power. The key difference is that hers manifests itself as weather phenomena added to the fact that shes always been written to manipulate any kind of energy as long as it is part of the natural order of her surroundings, unlike Gabriel who can manipulate anything anywhere
    It's obvious Ewing is presenting them as two sides of the same coin. The Divine Feminine vs....um...something Masculine. Folks can't read or comprehend to save their lives.

It's not just Xavier. Let's not forget Beast in this -

But knows that controlling the weather is "indescribably complex".

That's why we are friends. Storm's power is only limited by her will if she wills it she can move galaxies and heal entire dimensions and save the universe/eternity. But she must have the strength of will to do so. Telling her she can't do something or even suggesting she might not be able to do it can affect her confidence and therefore her will. Love that she shut him down quick. Before he could enter head.

Also again perfect example. The weather is crazy complex. Even the atmosphere is determined to be bigger than earth itself stretching all the way past the moon. The so called geocorona. Add to the fact that the planets core itself plays a role in weather scientist have discovered and it also creates the magnetosphere by spinning something that leads to geomagnetic storms. The very energy transfer systems that moves continents on earth convection cells are very similar to the convection cells in the atmosphere and the convection cells in the sun. These systems in theory are under her purview. Not to talk of **** like dark matter hurricanes, black hole winds and Quasrs among other freaky **** on space and u have crazy crazy ****.

I said that storm is a high order energy and matter manipulator rolled into one. Yeah in matter manipulation she is simpler than Mercator but she has deep control over the very elements and can very well manipualte the very chemistry of things. Like electro for instance using electromagnetism created an electric storm that gathered all the carbon in the atmosphere and created a diamond case around spiderman. That's some intense chemistry right there. If she sits and learns the chemical composition of minerals and such there is no telling how she can alter the precipitation of the atmosphere. Weather wizard in dc can create magnetic substorms reversing the polarity of any object and hence forcing massive amounts of energy into them which destabilize them on an atomic level a perfect attack for superman level charchters. Then we go to antimatter and leptons and quarks and all that good stuff. The possibilities are truly endless, the versatility nigh infinite.
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-19-2022 at 02:41 PM.

Amen.

It'll take time to wipe out the decades of storm that's been fed to the general populace but hopefully this is the beginning of resurgence of STORM.
    This is the resurgence indeed

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Haters:
    -What? Storm shouldn't be able to Beat Vulcan. He's an Omega lvl Energy Manipulator. That's not possible. It's PIS.

Storm Fans:

Oooh a variant I see which issue please.
    Issue #5, in stores in August.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!