Page 382 of 833 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 12488
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    nope that was your interpretation. They are and it's toxic and gross.

Lol you talking to us ain’t about to change . On that BP podcast on one of the biggest complaints was storm and tchalla breaking up. That’s on Disney/marvel podcast. So I do see them alway paired with each other Yes the good fantastic the bad and ugly.

I just hope one day a writer comes in and writes tchalla the way you want him to act. So it’s not toxic and gross

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yup which is why i hope he never gets his hands on a storm solo. Not anything personal but he butchered Tchalla and barely made Cap about him, but sharon was a break out. Why exactly would i want him to write a Storm solo? It makes no sense. Give me Ewing or Pak.

Oprah does the same thing, so does Lee Daniels. Why hasn't oprah made meteor man two or anything that doesn't show a black person have to fight, scrap, or come up. Why can't she show us at the finest we could be. Or lee daniels, like damn, sure we love music but not every successful black family is in a damn music group or tearing each other down. But then i suspect fox wasn't buying those scripts.

Heck look at the will smith thing, the man who he slapped back down but everyone got a word. Personally i don't care but i was over it on day two like damn. Well why aren't you all having this energy for trump, or woody allen, or even Bryan singer. Aren't his movies on Disney +? Look how fast the pull the Cosby show. All of a sudden it becomes a black man people can't separate the two. I see them.
    My main issue with them pulling the Cosby show is all the other actors, writers, and directors lost the royalties they were getting from that show. I could say the same for Roseanne.

I am not a fan of cancel culture. In both cases lots of people besides Cosby and Roseanne got hurt.

Fox had a bad track record and Oprah just sucks.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Since the topic of Coates is the most recent discussion here are some of the things I absolutely loved about his depiction of Storm:

- Through his consulting he gave her a more meaningful connection to her father as well as his hometown Harlem
    - Through his consulting Storm for the first time was written as unapologetically black. She tackled issues like gentrification and a bit later even African American slavery (seriously some of the best writing I've ever seen of storm)
    - Coates repaired Tchalla and Ororo's relationship. Both were allowed to be vulnerable with one another and talk as lovers who care for one another would.
    - Coates took Ororo, who during the period of 2016/2017 was written very poorly by the xoffices, gave her a meaningful purpose again. It was because of his development of the character fans began urging the xoffices to give her a greater purpose within the xbooks. It is for him that she has such a greater presence now in the xoffices I would argue.
    - Coates gave her one of the biggest developments she ever had, which is made her a real goddess. It was a full circle moment to have been once banned from returning to Wakanda to then becoming one of the Wakandan gods worshipped by the wakandan people. also this revelation is why I believe Hickman made her an omega. #thepowerofcoates
    - Coates clearly loved the character and made her integral to the stories being told by the bp offices at that time to where she will forever be connected to the bp mythos. this gives her a greater pedigree that goes beyond just being a mutant.
    - Coates truly respected canon and wrote stories that paid homage to claremonts original uncanny run including the stories with adversary, the M'Kraan Crystal, and the galatic core feat

There were so many reasons to love and appreciate Coates. he was truly a godsend to the marvel world and I pray to the goddess one day he can pin her again!

Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-28-2022 at 09:51 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Since the topic of Coates is the most recent discussion here are some of the things I absolutely loved about his depiction of Storm:

- Through his consulting he gave her a more meaningful connection to her father as well as his hometown Harlem
    - Through his consulting Storm for the first time was written as unapologetically black. She tackled issues like gentrification and a bit later even African American slavery (seriously some of the best writing I've ever seen of storm)
    - Coates repaired Tchalla and Ororo's relationship. Both were allowed to be vulnerable with one another and talk as lovers who care for one another would.
    - Coates took Ororo, who during the period of 2016/2017 was written very poorly by the xoffices, gave her a meaningful purpose again. It was because of his development of the character fans began urging the xoffices to give her a greater purpose within the xbooks. It is for him that she has such a greater presence now in the xoffices I would argue.
    - Coates gave her one of the biggest developments she ever had, which is made her a real goddess. It was a full circle moment to have been once banned from returning to Wakanda to then becoming one of the Wakandan gods worshipped by the wakandan people. also this revelation is why I believe Hickman made her an omega. #thepowerofcoates
    - Coates clearly loved the character and made her integral to the stories being told by the bp offices at that time to where she will forever be connected to the bp mythos. this gives her a greater pedigree that goes beyond just being a mutant.
    - Coates truly respected canon and wrote stories that paid homage to claremonts original uncanny run including the stories with adversary, the M'Kraan Crystal, and the galatic core feat

There were so many reasons to love and appreciate Coates. he was truly a godsend to the marvel world and I pray to the goddess one day he can pin her again!

Nothing but facts. Coates did great with storm. He explained things and expanded her character.

Some folks just like Storm with X-men a drag BP no matter what, but recent BP comics did a better job with her then X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Nothing but facts. Coates did great with storm. He explained things and expanded her character.

Some folks just like Storm with X-men a drag BP no matter what, but recent BP comics did a better job with her then X-men.

he most certainly did amazing with her and there is nothing anyone can say to make ever think otherwise. when her home office had her taking orders from kitty, unable to stop a toxic cloud, getting knocked out and taking naps while the bp oiffices literally made her a god the evidence speaks for itself. no need to really get into unnecessary debates when canon can handle that discussion on its own lol (^_^)
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

he most certainly did amazing with her and there is nothing anyone can say to make ever think otherwise. when her home office had her taking orders from kitty, unable to stop a toxic cloud, getting knocked out and taking naps while the bp oiffices literally made her a god the evidence speaks for itself. no need to really get into unnecessary debates when canon can handle that discussion on its own lol (^_^)

Canon is the word not pick and choose lol

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Canon is the word not pick and choose lol
    periodt!!! I remember how some readers would say ororo was above race before Coates came along. I felt very putoff by that as how could a black woman in this world not be affected by her race regardless of her prestige and power. real world examples include Oprah experiencing racism when she was shopping abroad so if Oprah isn't surely ororo would not be either. sinister literally called her an imperial dog. that's why when Coates came along and had her realistically approach topics of race it was so refreshing. after nearly 50 years a black woman finally was shown being real and honest regarding race. but as you said canon has the final word here had he knocked it out of the park with her.

Mighty Member

Some readers understand that Storm is a black woman whose powers rain on all races making her a symbol, of hope for everyone not just black people. Some people celebrate that, it seems two people here don't. It's hard to understand why some see her blackness as exclusive to only black people and not inclusive of everyone. But hey some fans like Coates.

The funny thing the sales of his book don't support the cult of Coates. They say the opposite. His writing was considered trash, his sales were so low that it took him leaving to get it up to 26,000, which was considered by some to be good. We all know it wasn't. Storm's biggest feats happened while being an X-man while being in black panther she was tortured on TV when her loving husband left scared of Doom, dumped and ignored for months by her husband who was so depressed he needed to play dressup as Daredevil to feel good about himself and after saving him from becoming a splat on the ground got yelled at. Hell this man that is supposed to be the love of his life proposed to another woman weeks before he was so desperate to please his mother he proposed to Storm. Anyone remember how bad Hudlin, Mayberry and Liss wrote Storm or remember when Shurt became black panther relegating her to cleaning bedpans and being off the grid for a couple of years. Good times, but you know comparing cleaning bedpans to taking orders from Kitty we can see the improvement.

Coates writing was abysmal and Ewing is the second-best Storm writer after Claremont. Hell Yost and a few others wrote Storm better than Coates could at his best. I get folks don't really like the X-men, they like dysfunctional, drama-filled "spicey" relationships that make each character look bad. I am just really grateful that they are the smallest part of the community and that the voices are only being heard on podcasts, and message boards and that the truly great writer is writing her in X-men Red. Have fun enjoying the glory years of Coates failure as a writer. I am just grateful that this is her current reality.

I am just really grateful that we get to have a time where we get to have Storm be the star of her stories instead of being bit player in someone else's. I am just really grateful that we have higher selling and more popular stories in X-men Red than the failure of Coates. I am also really grateful that you all have back issues to remind yourself of what you liked and for the rest of us to ignore.

Last edited by OG Storm; 05-29-2022 at 12:10 AM.

Some readers understand that Storm is a black woman whose powers rain on all races making her a symbol, of hope for everyone not just black people. Some people celebrate that, it seems two people here don't. It's hard to understand why some see her blackness as exclusive to only black people and not inclusive of everyone. But hey some fans like Coates.

The funny thing the sales of his book don't support the cult of Coates. They say the opposite. His writing was considered trash, his sales were so low that it took him leaving to get it up to 26,000, which was considered by some to be good. We all know it wasn't. Storm's biggest feats happened while being an X-man while being in black panther she was tortured on TV when her loving husband left scared of Doom, dumped and ignored for months by her husband who was so depressed he needed to play dressup as Daredevil to feel good about himself and after saving him from becoming a splat on the ground got yelled at. Hell this man that is supposed to be the love of his life proposed to another woman weeks before he was so desperate to please his mother he proposed to Storm. Anyone remember how bad Hudlin, Mayberry and Liss wrote Storm or remember when Shurt became black panther relegating her to cleaning bedpans and being off the grid for a couple of years. Good times, but you know comparing cleaning bedpans to taking orders from Kitty we can see the improvement.

Coates writing was abysmal and Ewing is the second-best Storm writer after Claremont. Hell Yost and a few others wrote Storm better than Coates could at his best. I get folks don't really like the X-men, they like dysfunctional, drama-filled "spicey" relationships that make each character look bad. I am just really grateful that they are the smallest part of the community and that the voices are only being heard on podcasts, and message boards and that the truly great writer is writing her in X-men Red. Have fun enjoying the glory years of Coates failure as a writer. I am just grateful that this is her current reality.

you should have used an image that didn't reference continuity Coates established lolol

#hadariyao
    #thepowerofcoates

Mighty Member

you should have used an image that didn't reference continuity Coates established lolol

#hadariyao
    #thepowerofcoates
    Why? Storm has an ancient name that predates Hadari Yao. Windrider was from her peoples, Rider of the Acanti was a better story than anything Coates could dream of. Ewing rejects any story development of Coates work. Settling for sceaps should be frowned upon, yes?
    #CoatesisabargaindollarClaremont
    #LordClaremontisKing
    #Coatesisafailure
    Last edited by OG Storm; 05-29-2022 at 01:05 AM.

Why? Storm has an ancient name that predates Hadari Yao. Windrider was from her peoples, Rider of the Acanti was a better story than anything Coates could dream of. Ewing rejects any story development of Coates work. Settling for sceaps should be frowned upon, yes?
    #CoatesisabargaindollarClaremont
    #LordClaremontisKing
    #Coatesisafailure
    lol are you serious lolol. how does ewing reject Coates work but referenced his work in sword 3 when eden explains how he was in space and killed lots of people all of which occurred in Coates black panther? AND you literally just posted an image from ewings sword issue where storm refers to herself as hadari yao, her goddess name created by Coates. Your post is really a big contradiction. at any rate I get it you don't like Coates but his work is canon, which Ewing has already acknowledged as indicated by your scan above. thank you Coates for all you did for storm. we fans will always appreciate you for this.

Mighty Member

lol are you serious lolol. how does ewing reject Coates work but referenced his work in sword 3 when eden explains how he was in space and killed lots of people all of which occurred in Coates black panther? AND you literally just posted an image from ewings sword issue where storm refers to herself as hadari yao, her goddess name created by Coates. Your post is really a big contradiction. at any rate I get it you don't like Coates but his work is canon, which Ewing has already acknowledged as indicated by your scan above. thank you Coates for all you did for storm. we fans will always appreciate you for this.
    Did you miss his interview where he told you all to stop asking about the goddess stuff? Yup the 10 of you that liked his work will always be grafeful for failure.

Did you miss his interview where he told you all to stop asking about the goddess stuff? Yup the 10 of you that liked his work will always be grafeful for failure.
    i didn't realize i had fans.... though im flattered you follow me regarding interviews I've been in you sound really bothered? what does his response in an interview have to do with canon, which has already been established? Ewing referenced Coates work which contradicts your baseless claim he rejected it. at either rate im not going to continue to entertain this back and forth but just a reminder:

storm is a goddess thanks to Coates
    storm is STILL with her man TCHALLA thanks to Coates

such a great time to be a storm fan!!

Mighty Member

you sound really bothered? what does an interview have to do with canon? Ewing referenced Coates work which contradicts your baseless claim he rejected it. at either rate im not going to continue to entertain this back and forth but just a reminder:

storm is a goddess thanks to Coates
    storm is STILL with her man TCHALLA thanks to Coates

such a great time to be a storm fan!!
    It doesn't contadict anything and you can have one mention when Ewing aint telling those stories. Praise Ewing for being a better writer. Ewing posted that interview after my scan so please make what you said make sense.
    #Stopsettlingforscraps
    #Coatesisafailure

so thank you next. back to appreciating storm....

I really liked Shuri run. we had some really nice moments with storm in that book one in which her godhead was invoked. I really loved how expansive the bp books were then:

eden and shuri also had a thing going on. I wonder will Ewing touch on this at all at some point.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-29-2022 at 08:23 AM.