Page 635 of 833 FirstFirst ... 135535585625631632633634635636637638639645685735 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    And who said she as regent couldn't protect the land? After all, she's also on the board.
    I knew this was going to happen one hours since the first issue when she destroyed the throne, I even commented. they're so predictable when it comes to Storm, she's always giving up titles they give her. I'm starting to believe that they use the character just to generate a stir and move masses because they know of his popularity. Storm was a big deal for red, but not for the growth of the character itself, but rather to promote the book.
    Being regent means she has to give Arakko her full attention, but she will never abandon the Earth.

And now she can devote herself to protecting the two places she cares about.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I Loved it. 8/10

I mean I’m not particularly happy she’s not Regent, but her reasoning for changing Seats actually makes sense. So, I don’t see why that should bother us. Also, she is still the Voice of Sol there’s no indication she’s not. And based off what she said when she took the Seat of Loss. She pretty much implied that she would be taking multiple seats on the Dawn side.

Very excited to see Abigail Brand get her ass whooped. Don’t care about Isca the Baldhead glad she’s gone. She probably left to go snitch to her Sister.

Definitely, Vulcan is coming back and will try to rule Arakko which Storm could end up back on the Seat All-Around Us so there are many possibilities here. Overall this was a good issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Ewing isn't above criticism and I think it's fair to say that he and the X-office dropped the ball AGAIN when it comes to Storm. Once again we're falling back into old habits of Storm relinquishing positions. It's old. This one sticks out as even more egregious because of her non factor as a QC member, and now she's giving up a position where she's done nothing as well.

Sorry but after nearly a year and half, it's not unreasonable to want some clarity on certain things. Why do we STILL not know what exactly being the Voice of Sol entails or the authority it holds? Why do we still not know HOW or why Storm even wanted it to begin with? (The same probkem exists with her Regent of Arrako)The X -architects were asked that question in an interview and they had no answer. Well now we know why. The answer is literally no one knows! That's sad. I'm not here to fill in this many blanks. Major character shifts shouldn't be left to the imagination to this extent.

Storm iterally attended one meeting in her function as Voice of Sol where her opinion didn't matter anyway(Xandra was getting ressurected regardless) and now we're supposed to care that she's giving it up or think it has some narrative impact. Nah. That's not how that works. Ewing failed to do the proper work. He shouldn't have given her this position if this was how it's going to play out. Maybe he'll build her up to it better in the future but as of now it's fallen flat.

I think he's done a fine job with writing Storm but this was his second big misstep with her. I have a feeling though with Galactic politics being a focus going further he might circle back around to all this, but with the nature of the industry now, it's always a concern if things can come into fruition organically.

I defintiely don't think Red has been derailed or ruined or anything like that. This is still an extremely good title, but some things aren't sticking the landing.
    You perfectly summed up my issues with all of this. I have been enjoying Red however this is where it falls flat for me. Why did she want the position? What did the position entail? Then she gets the position and really does nothing of note with it. I said this before, but MY belief is they gave her yet another "title" to shut the Storm fans up who felt they weren't doing enough with her.

I can only speak for myself, I'm not big on feats. I love them but I prefer character work over feats, and I'm mostly happy with how Ewing has been handling her, but I was looking forward to seeing her perform more in that role. Most I can remember is her meeting with Doom then that meeting when Xandra died and got resurrected. I guess we'll see how long this lasts or what she does in her new seat because all she does on the QC is sit there looking bored.

I will say, I am happy the position went to an Arakki instead of them trying to insert another Krakoan on the Great Ring. And I'm content with who got it.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Being regent means she has to give Arakko her full attention, but she will never abandon the Earth.

And now she can devote herself to protecting the two places she cares about.
    Nor do you believe in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Totally agreed, some folks are way too focused on feats or titles when all I want is a strong character arc for Storm and we've gotten that.

The central thesis of Red this far has been about saviorism, how do you help a people that you're fundamentally not part of. This is part of that -- it's not right that Storm should be the leader of Arrako because fundamentally she is tied to Krakoa and Earth and she recognized that here. It's the conclusion of the "no thrones" arc.
    Truthfully, I'm confused why this upset some fans. It's not bad writing, Ewing is building a story with Storm in it. If his story needs Storm to no longe be Regent....so be it. RED is not Storm new solo series.

Besides, Regent of Arrako was always gonna be a limited thing as it took her from Earth and limited her interaction with other heroes.

As long as I get a good story, that shows respect to Storm, I'm good.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-05-2022 at 08:06 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Nor do you believe in that.
    Why don't I believe that. The conflict of her dual duties is Red's building from the start.

Seriously, does it really matter that much that she gave up the regent job? She's still the main character in the book, and she's going to save the Red planet.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's kinda funny how much pomp and circumstance they made over her being Queen/Regent/Ruler/whichever of the multiple titles they've given her only to end it in just over a year.

Storm is her best when she makes decisions that are best for her and can do as she sees fit. You can’t put lightning in a bottle and she shouldn’t be contained to just some title when she is way more than that. Why settle for Queen when she already knows she is a god
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Storm is her best when she makes decisions that are best for her and can do as she sees fit. You can’t put lightning in a bottle and she shouldn’t be contained to just some title when she is way more than that. Why settle for Queen when she already knows she is a god
    Yessssssssssss

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post

agreed but I wish the xoffices agreed here as well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Ewing isn't above criticism and I think it's fair to say that he and the X-office dropped the ball AGAIN when it comes to Storm. Once again we're falling back into old habits of Storm relinquishing positions. It's old. This one sticks out as even more egregious because of her non factor as a QC member, and now she's giving up a position where she's done nothing as well.

Sorry but after nearly a year and half, it's not unreasonable to want some clarity on certain things. Why do we STILL not know what exactly being the Voice of Sol entails or the authority it holds? Why do we still not know HOW or why Storm even wanted it to begin with? (The same probkem exists with her Regent of Arrako)The X -architects were asked that question in an interview and they had no answer. Well now we know why. The answer is literally no one knows! That's sad. I'm not here to fill in this many blanks. Major character shifts shouldn't be left to the imagination to this extent.

Storm iterally attended one meeting in her function as Voice of Sol where her opinion didn't matter anyway(Xandra was getting ressurected regardless) and now we're supposed to care that she's giving it up or think it has some narrative impact. Nah. That's not how that works. Ewing failed to do the proper work. He shouldn't have given her this position if this was how it's going to play out. Maybe he'll build her up to it better in the future but as of now it's fallen flat.

I think he's done a fine job with writing Storm but this was his second big misstep with her. I have a feeling though with Galactic politics being a focus going further he might circle back around to all this, but with the nature of the industry now, it's always a concern if things can come into fruition organically.

I defintiely don't think Red has been derailed or ruined or anything like that. This is still an extremely good title, but some things aren't sticking the landing.
    as always excellent excellent post!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    I would third ...except that comparable to Ridley and that anticipated Gillen id say Ewing is just slowing down (resolution phase) before Storm can finally finally dasurv slap the most power grabbing villain of the book -- how is it that this woman can get Isca as of book 6 and feel compassion for her accursed mutation is a good point last week to follow through -- complimentary for her being both a humbled and compassionate leader and still mixed badass warrior when tested while of course Storm doesnt necessarily win all the time (and its tiring)-- sometimes winning can be subjective too -- being alive in this riot of gillens work can be considered winning anyways (and that spoiler gave me the heart attack coz the **** did Isca challenged for the Seat?) now that's a different House of the Dragon drama...although I agree I miss all the continuous highs of Coates grandeur for Storm -- and I agree thats always a win win for us -- coz who doesnt love the writer who actually gave the proper respect for Storm -- im just gonna settle down with Ewing open intent anyways to give her a smaller throne as pointed since day 1 of Red and his interviews....but still he managed to give i would say more than half bake that other X writers had been doing for years even with that lowered goal in mind...id say 2 on 2 points between BP Coates and X Ewing for the Sword Regent title: Hadari Yao title and the planetary feats vs Cosmic feats

Ridley cuts a lot of points for BP just saying thats why the scores....hope someone is still lobbying for Coates to write a Storm Solo coz if Ewing fails to relaunch a trajectory for Storm here -- we need his boost...helps to read back on 2018-2019 threads as well and be informed how fun those threads were for fans as satisfactory credit to Coates ...those were really fun exchanges to read rather than just make assumptions around. like dont know dont care where they are getting information but that thread has the receipts -- Ewing makes it to 25th issue then perhaps he can be forgiven for giving Storm a smaller throne.
    Ridley is just the worst. I stopped reading that mess a long time ago.

Incredible Member

To me it just seem like storm doesn’t know what she wants to do. Lol put her back in Africa let her find her history. Let her build there. Magic is in her DNA let her figure that out.

I think the problem, for me, is Storm once again relinquishes a higher title (character development) just to play ground games.

As a writer, I know details matter; or, at least to me , they do. When we first meet her as an adult, she's being worshipped as a goddess and Queen. A white man comes along and tells her she is neither. We then take 9 million years for a black man to convince her that she is both and empower her. Now instead of her struggle with identity landing her somewhere closer to an empowered version of the character, we are back to limited development.

The only reason she is making the decision she did is because a dead white man told her to. Just like a white man told her she wasn't anything but a mutant. Magneto told her to "watch Charles", and what was her reason for stepping down: I can't protect both because my attention is divided. Not to mention how she claims to not be "fit" for the seat because a guy who coughs up metal is a better leader than her.

Now, I should clarify, I have no problem with white people. I love my Caucasian brothers and sisters, but this BS writing has me on the verge of giving this shyt up. I gave up Mortal Kombat because they kept screwing over Kitana, and I'm beginning to feel the same way about marvel and storm.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    A good issue.Don't be afraid of change. Regent is just a title, get it or lose it, Storm will always be the one to save the Red Planet.
    I don’t care about the title, but give me good showings. Showings of power, creativeness, evolution. Ewing gave us none of that

We didn’t get Storm vs Isca, what’s to say we will get storm vs Brand/vulcan?