Page 639 of 833 FirstFirst ... 139539589629635636637638639640641642643649689739 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Do you guys think we're heading into Storm's radical era?

https://twitter.com/SunTaurean/statu...48446001004544
    Felt like foreshadowing for the Sinister event where she was fighting the xmen looking like she stole Oscar the Grouch trash can and wrapped it around her waist.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Felt like foreshadowing for the Sinister event where she was fighting the xmen looking like she stole Oscar the Grouch trash can and wrapped it around her waist.
    I thought that wasn't going to be canon.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

And then basically re-threatened them all again.

Isca has all the grating/bitchy personality of Emma with NONE of the funny snark. As far as I'm concerned she can stay walking.

And I ask again, that lightning bolt Storm sent next to her feet, if Storm had moved it a couple of inches to the right and increased the power then what exactly would Isca do? I can see how her powers would work on a merely H2H level or even a game of chess or w/e. But an out of the blue FATAL attack that would render her to ash? I just don't see it unless her mutation would just in the mere presence of Storm give her immunity to all elemental attacks.

Please don't ever change that avatar lmao.
    1. LMBO! at that meme... that's one of the better ones.

2. Not even the Celestial was immune to Isca's power which is nuts! I don't see how they would work in a battle against an energy manipulator without some sort of probability or adaptation ability 🤔.

I thought that wasn't going to be canon.

Lol i think it's an alternate universe but it stands to be seen is it an alternate universe in it's entirety AU or is it like Age of X and Age of X-men where the people are literally pulled in thus meaning they will be missing from their regular books while it's happening. Age of X in essence was canon even if Emma wiped the memories especially in this era of consciousness and rebirth. imho In sense every reality the main characters remember in a sense is a real reality now. At least in theory and perception of the character.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-05-2022 at 03:29 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    1. LMBO! at that meme... that's one of the better ones.

2. Not even the Celestial was immune to Isca's power which is nuts! I don't see how they would work in a battle against an energy manipulator without some sort of probability or adaptation ability ��.
    Yeah, what would happen if Storm used the biggest lightning bolt of her life to split the Isca? Or blown into space by a tornado, will she magically survive?

But I don't think we'll ever see Isca in actual combat.
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 10-05-2022 at 03:32 PM.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Yeah, what would happen if Storm used the biggest lightning bolt of her life to split the Isca? Or blown into space by a tornado, will she magically survive?

Idk... we do know that she can be bfr'd thanks to Nightcrawler. We also know she can win a battle without necessarily winning the war thanks to Roberto, Fisher Stank and Uranos defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I don't think people read the same book as me. Storm literally transformed an entire culture in months away from its self destructive and isolationist tendencies into something more. I don't understand why folks ignore that.
    This, so much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This has been the biggest thing for me, watching the Arakki culturally shift due to the presence of Storm, opening them up to things like teamwork and selfless protection of each other. The way the others echoed her in solidarity when she told Isca they would fight her anyway... goosebumps.
    And this.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why do you say this? you don't think the criticisms around Ewing are fair?
    Indeed, that is right. I don't think that Ewing deserves the critics on his issue this week. The man literally made Storm powerful, her voice heard and she literally changed an entire race's ways to suit her and to point them the right way. If that is not an important, marvel universe decision, I really don't know what else is...

And I ask again, that lightning bolt Storm sent next to her feet, if Storm had moved it a couple of inches to the right and increased the power then what exactly would Isca do? I can see how her powers would work on a merely H2H level or even a game of chess or w/e. But an out of the blue FATAL attack that would render her to ash? I just don't see it unless her mutation would just in the mere presence of Storm give her immunity to all elemental attacks.
    I think that you don't fully understand how Isca's powers work. They don't affect only her physical reactions. If for example a lightning bolt is sent her way she will most likely instinctively roll away before the lightning is even formed and avoid the strike for example. And if it is something greater like a tornado pushing her into open space, most likely those tornado winds will toss her to a safe place even if Storm is the one creating them or controlling them. This will be the way I would write it at least if I was a writer and had Isca in my hands to write, not that I like her though.

Now, something greater, like a neuron attack, will most likely backfire in some way, or a nuclear explosion will most likely spare her but destroy everything else around her. If she cannot literally lose, that includes she cannot lose her life and forgive me but isn't that mutant alive for more than 10k years? That is inhumane, you know. Her powers will trigger and defend her and put her on the winning side regardless of the situation, she is OMEGA level mutant after all. Don't underestimate her and think a bit deeper about her powers and how they will work.

Now for the issue itself, I share the same disappointment as everyone else, Storm fans-wise, I didn't like her giving the Reagent seat but I think that Ewing has some kind of plan. If I was the writer, I would make the same thing if I was aiming for something and for that something to happen Storm needed to lose a seat or a title. Then yes, I will do it. Of course, I am not saying that this couldn't have been written differently with a different outcome but yeah, we get what we get and we cannot control an author's thoughts or aim.

Lol i think it's an alternate universe but it stands to be seen is it an alternate universe in it's entirety AU or is it like Age of X and Age of X-men where the people are literally pulled in thus meaning they will be missing from their regular books while it's happening. Age of X in essence was canon even if Emma wiped the memories especially in this era of consciousness and rebirth. imho In sense every reality the main characters remember in a sense is a real reality now. At least in theory and perception of the character.
    I see. Ughh, this is going to be trash lol. I was hoping this would be a non-factored event.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post

This is where I'm at. Or it'd be against some fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Idk... we do know that she can be bfr'd thanks to Nightcrawler. We also know she can win a battle without necessarily winning the war thanks to Roberto, Fisher Stank and Uranos defeat.
    Another good point.

Like I'm seriously questioning exactly how her powers work. For example, if Galactus shot a beam at Arakko would she magically survive the explosion?

Her powers seem very much like God-tier for street level types but in the grand scheme its like a Squirl Girl tier joke.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    This, so much this.

And this.

Indeed, that is right. I don't think that Ewing deserves the critics on his issue this week. The man literally made Storm powerful, her voice heard and she literally changed an entire race's ways to suit her and to point them the right way. If that is not an important, marvel universe decision, I really don't know what else is...

I think that you don't fully understand how Isca's powers work. They don't affect only her physical reactions. If for example a lightning bolt is sent her way she will most likely instinctively roll away before the lightning is even formed and avoid the strike for example. And if it is something greater like a tornado pushing her into open space, most likely those tornado winds will toss her to a safe place even if Storm is the one creating them or controlling them. This will be the way I would write it at least if I was a writer and had Isca in my hands to write, not that I like her though.

Now, something greater, like a neuron attack, will most likely backfire in some way, or a nuclear explosion will most likely spare her but destroy everything else around her. If she cannot literally lose, that includes she cannot lose her life and forgive me but isn't that mutant alive for more than 10k years? That is inhumane, you know. Her powers will trigger and defend her and put her on the winning side regardless of the situation, she is OMEGA level mutant after all. Don't underestimate her and think a bit deeper about her powers and how they will work.

Now for the issue itself, I share the same disappointment as everyone else, Storm fans-wise, I didn't like her giving the Reagent seat but I think that Ewing has some kind of plan. If I was the writer, I would make the same thing if I was aiming for something and for that something to happen Storm needed to lose a seat or a title. Then yes, I will do it. Of course, I am not saying that this couldn't have been written differently with a different outcome but yeah, we get what we get and we cannot control an author's thoughts or aim.
    See this would make moe sense if Storm could only throw one attack at a time. If Storm were to put Isca in a vortex and toss her 100 feet in the air and the hit her with a mega bolt, then exactly how would Isca survive?

Even in your example of Isca rolling out of the way that still wouldn't work. I won't bother posting scans because I'm pretty sure everyone here is informed enough to know just how big and powerful Storm can make her lightning bolts.

I mean even if we go based off the cover, how exactly would Isca survive what Storm did to the Nameless Regent?

Like I said in my earlier post, Isca's powers sound God-Tier if she's going up against the likes of Spider-Man or Luke Cage or Daredevil, the small tier street level characters. But in the grand scheme her powers should be a joke to anyone with proper rage.

See this would make moe sense if Storm could only throw one attack at a time. If Storm were to put Isca in a vortex and toss her 100 feet in the air and the hit her with a mega bolt, then exactly how would Isca survive?

Even in your example of Isca rolling out of the way that still wouldn't work. I won't bother posting scans because I'm pretty sure everyone here is informed enough to know just how big and powerful Storm can make her lightning bolts.

I mean even if we go based off the cover, how exactly would Isca survive what Storm did to the Nameless Regent?

Like I said in my earlier post, Isca's powers sound God-Tier if she's going up against the likes of Spider-Man or Luke Cage or Daredevil, the small tier street level characters. But in the grand scheme her powers should be a joke to anyone with proper rage.
    Not necessarily. I mean she had to adapt to be able to stay under water as long as she did to fight sobunar so in some sense her body must also evolve to protect her so there is no saying lightning would have an effect on her or actually strike her if it meant her losing. We also don't know how far her radius extends like is it time or is it sensing something physical approaching. A lot of variables.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

she can do more than one at the same time its just writers don't ever show her as such. she is just a one trick lightning shooting pony:

seeing scans like this just remind me how unimaginative writers are with her display of powers. sigh
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Not necessarily. I mean she had to adapt to be able to stay under water as long as she did to fight sobunar so in some sense her body must also evolve to protect her so there is no saying lightning would have an effect on her or actually strike her if it meant her losing. We also don't know how far her radius extends like is it time or is it sensing something physical approaching. A lot of variables.
    See that's where my mind really keeps going to at the end goal for Isca. For her powers to work exactly how they are described she would have to be a reality/probability manipulator +metamorph on scale never seen before. The fact that she's 1000% confident that her powers would even work on the Zombie celestial speaks to that.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she can do more than one at the same time its just writers don't ever show her as such. she is just a one trick lightning shooting pony:

seeing scans like this just remind me how unimaginative writers are with her display of powers. sigh
    Oh I'm aware. I was only speaking in the context of the example Ghost presented.

Didn't even catch it the first time, but I like how that's suppose to be Storm. When was the last time she wore that? It's like 3 outfits ago?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I mean the energy sight is at the BOTTOM of the totem in terms of what I want. Tbh it would be perfect if he breaks it out in a fight with Isca since everyone loves to somehow throw Storm in a H2H fight when she can literally strike **** 100s/1000s of miles away.

Lmao you feel what you feel and I'm no one to tell you that those feelings are right or wrong.

Like I said earlier, the faults I have with Ewing are pretty much in-line with what others are mentioning it's just I'm giving him a chance to complete his story.
    lolol. I would love to see how she lost against isca. like in theory as you said storm shouldn't have to get close to her at all to win.

And then basically re-threatened them all again.

Isca has all the grating/bitchy personality of Emma with NONE of the funny snark. As far as I'm concerned she can stay walking.

Please don't ever change that avatar lmao.
    someone mentioned she may be a passive reality warper. she doesn't actually forcefully do anything but then im not sure about that. during the battle against amenth she switched to the winning side. it's as if she has no control and these things just happen in her favor.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!