Page 24 of 833 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I feel like the biggest tsunami she ever created was back in Xmen Red when she flooded Genosha. Biggest hurricane? I guess when she went Roguestorm. Or maybe back during World's End during Reload Uncanny. I can't remember how much area that covered. Although not sure we can count that since I believe it was said Rachel was amping her power somehow.
    Yeah Rachel was boosting her in that scene to create global hyperstorms.

Rachel just turned off the breaks, she wasn't boosting her.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yeah a creator deity among several creator deities. Isn't he the supreme god of the abrahamic religions on earth and as such is regarded as a creator amongst them, like brahman is considered amongst .My friend almost every pantheon also has their own version of a creator god. Being a creator god of your religion doesn't make you an elder god you are still a god. And yep he is basically a parody character being a very staunch regular in the duck tales comics. "Also sounds like" seems like conjecture there my guy. Where was it stated that the celestial would need him to create a new universe for their needs or you are just implying based of what? Last I checked and I recently re read the ultimates run along with several other books yaweh is no where to be found as a creator deity as you say, the celestials are beings capable of creating and destroying and the firmaments die and are reborn in a cycle to establish a new multiverse a cycle triggered by the celestial war in the first firmament. So I dont know what you are going on about.

Now back to osthur I mean aren't the heven Angel's also mortal aka can be killed with something as simple as a stabbing and yet beholden only to the queen of Angels? or even yaweh's Angels who are immortal but are beholden to yaweh so which is it do you have to be immortal or you do not have to be beholden to a god before you are considered an angel. Please enlighten me. I did say (though it was auto corrected) that she is associated with not only angelic creatures but the fae also. When she left the earth she traveled the multiverse and created a **** ton races due to one fact that worship makes her even stronger and her fascination for life. Similar to hadari yao and similar to many gods I presume. I mean she is an elder goddess who as a trinity with the other vishanti virtually sports power that transcends godhood itself. As it says here.

Attachment 117461
    Well, the Angels of Heven look closer to mythical creatures like Jotuns, Elves and Asgardians, while Oshtur's Birdmen look closer to ancient races of Earth crafted by Elder Gods, like Snakemen, Spider-people and Bat-people from Conan's time... But I admit the line is kinda blurry...

As for Yahwe, I am not saying he is above other Marvel deities, just that he feels different, running a business that provides universes on demand, as if he were just a guy with a power similar to Franklin who chose to make a job of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Well, the Angels of Heven look closer to mythical creatures like Jotuns, Elves and Asgardians, while Oshtur's Birdmen look closer to ancient races of Earth crafted by Elder Gods, like Snakemen, Spider-people and Bat-people from Conan's time... But I admit the line is kinda blurry...

As for Yahwe, I am not saying he is above other Marvel deities, just that he feels different, running a business that provides universes on demand, as if he were just a guy with a power similar to Franklin who chose to make a job of it...

Uhhhuh I guess the real world being deeply influenced by abrahamic religions would leave an impression on anyone that yaweh is different from the rest. But hey anything can happen I mean in alternate realities the elder god seth is powerful enough to eat the Phoenix force and destroy multiverses without trying, and in the main 616 the total power of a cosmic cube and dr strange cant kill him but only banish him for a time. So even if marvel's yaweh hits different he still isn't elder god material.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Rachel just turned off the breaks, she wasn't boosting her.
    Really cause the text was that she was boosting her which now as per context and what she has done doesn't make sense. But it was at that time that Rachel was given more than her fair share to do to integrate her into the main line as a vital part of the team. I always just saw it as her removing inhibitions from ororo rather than amping her innate abilities.

Really cause the text was that she was boosting her which now as per context and what she has done doesn't make sense. But it was at that time that Rachel was given more than her fair share to do to integrate her into the main line as a vital part of the team. I always just saw it as her removing inhibitions from ororo rather than amping her innate abilities.

When the dino explains the plan to his council, he makes it seem like Rachel will amplify her, but what does he know of Storm after 5 minutes of knowing her? When it actually came down to it, Rachel explains she's just bypassing Ororo's conscious control of her abilities.

When the dino explains the plan to his council, he makes it seem like Rachel will amplify her, but what does he know of Storm after 5 minutes of knowing her? When it actually came down to it, Rachel explains she's just bypassing Ororo's conscious control of her abilities.
    So basically what I am reading is Rachel was basically using ororo's power without her consent, the power is ororo's but the one causing the storm was rachel not ororo and even with storm fighting Rachel hence limiting what rachel could achieve with the power she was still able to create a global hyperstorm.

I mean that does make sense considering how would you amp already nigh infinite power it's like trying to find half of infinity then adding to it, its impossible and irrelevant.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-16-2022 at 02:20 PM.

Even when Psylocke takes out Rachel, the storms continue. Brainchild even tried to continue threatening the world with them. There was the implication that Ororo could burn out and die, but really, she summoned the power of millions stars and planets, a whole dimension, why would a single planet be too much? I think writers just like to make big feats seem dangerous to explain why the character doesn't go big all the time.

Even when Psylocke takes out Rachel, the storms continue. Brainchild even tried to continue threatening the world with them. There was the implication that Ororo could burn out and die, but really, she summoned the power of millions stars and planets, a whole dimension, why would a single planet be too much? I think writers just like to make big feats seem dangerous to explain why the character doesn't go big all the time.
    The humanity angle for storm used to work, but as we are now it is a weak reason as to why she doesn't want to embrace the totality of who she is. Seeing as hadari yao and rougestorm are all facets of her. I have been reading a lot of Ewing's past works and I realized he treats powers as a metaphor for who a character is or as a focal point to explore the very depths of a character. Hence we are about to see some very solid character moments from storm accompanied with some very impressive feats. And after reading about the superflow I realized I am applying too much real world science to fiction when it comes to weather, when in marvel the zeitgeist of the entire universe is as a result of flux or weather in the superflow. Honestly cant wait for xmen red. Also I want bad ass hand to hand combat scenes feels like we would get a lot of that.

Reminds me a bit of that moment from her solo when Beast thought she couldn't stop a Tsunami. Inner monolog then tells us that not only could she stop it but she could of actually taken direct control over it.

The humanity angle for storm used to work, but as we are now it is a weak reason as to why she doesn't want to embrace the totality of who she is. Seeing as hadari yao and rougestorm are all facets of her. I have been reading a lot of Ewing's past works and I realized he treats powers as a metaphor for who a character is or as a focal point to explore the very depths of a character. Hence we are about to see some very solid character moments from storm accompanied with some very impressive feats. And after reading about the superflow I realized I am applying too much real world science to fiction when it comes to weather, when in marvel the zeitgeist of the entire universe is as a result of flux or weather in the superflow. Honestly cant wait for xmen red. Also I want bad ass hand to hand combat scenes feels like we would get a lot of that.

She's a Omega Level knife user. That is basically a guarantee!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thanks. This is actually from Sword where Storm introduced herself to doom again. lol. I love their scenes together.

though these are from x-men red excitement, also posted in cable thread (the first image). lol and a few i drew while listening to al ewing x-men red playlist.

Attachment 117468
    Attachment 117469
    Attachment 117470
    Your drawings are very beautiful Jwatson.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi fellow Storm friends. I was wondering if Storm ever created tsunamis or huge area hurricane systems?
    So most of the time Storm has her morality in caring about people and nature, and one of her reasons she holds back a lot, but a lot of her powers are "area attacks" where she can focus on one small space, what I tend to see more is generating aggressive storms, for example in Uncanny X-men #146, trapped in an organic steel body, she was creating a storm that grows more and more, reaching all the latveria. But now about tsunamis and hurricanes, it complicates a lot, first that Storm has few feats related to her manipulation of water, what I can remember is her creating water to contain a group of dinosaurs and some flying robots, but in an area until "small", about hurricanes, I only remember when she created those class 5 tornadoes, to contain a group of sentries and another moment when she focused, breaking bones of a superhuman mutant.

There's that moment of the DoomWar event too.

I have to reread the comics again, but I decided to try reading them in chronological order, to save the Storm's deeds

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So most of the time Storm has her morality in caring about people and nature, and one of her reasons she holds back a lot, but a lot of her powers are "area attacks" where she can focus on one small space, what I tend to see more is generating aggressive storms, for example in Uncanny X-men #146, trapped in an organic steel body, she was creating a storm that grows more and more, reaching all the latveria. But now about tsunamis and hurricanes, it complicates a lot, first that Storm has few feats related to her manipulation of water, what I can remember is her creating water to contain a group of dinosaurs and some flying robots, but in an area until "small", about hurricanes, I only remember when she created those class 5 tornadoes, to contain a group of sentries and another moment when she focused, breaking bones of a superhuman mutant.

There's that moment of the DoomWar event too.
    Thank you so much, Stormy!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Just finished a day at Universal Studios Island of Adventure in Orlando. Did you guys know Storm has a ride there? Its basically a standard spinning cups thing.

I'm generally not a fan of when characters do some of the OP kind of stuff that Storm has done in the past. It creates lots of things like "wait, why didn't she just do (X) thing now?" and sucking tension out of conflicts. There's a lot of stuff like that among a lot of X comics characters, just to be clear. Those things are cool in the moment, not great for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Just finished a day at Universal Studios Island of Adventure in Orlando. Did you guys know Storm has a ride there? Its basically a standard spinning cups thing.

I'm generally not a fan of when characters do some of the OP kind of stuff that Storm has done in the past. It creates lots of things like "wait, why didn't she just do (X) thing now?" and sucking tension out of conflicts. There's a lot of stuff like that among a lot of X comics characters, just to be clear. Those things are cool in the moment, not great for the future.
    I mean you ain't wrong but like when compared to the grand picture storm is kinda not op. I mean literally every hero who has clout and mainstream screentime basically becoming a god at one point. mr stark has even become god and used planets as throwing rocks. The thing with storm is that her being op was basically one of the main things her creators made her, she was supposed to be the most powerful elemental character ever conceived as the already existing elemental thor and crystal though both powerful were either passive or kinda ineffective when it came to their elemental abilities. Thor being the former as he conjures the storm and let's it do its thing. Storm on the other hand was supposed to be as powerful as thor and have absolute control over the weather she created in every detail. That allows for very interesting stories and ways of approaching conflicts. It was till she became lightning lass for nearly twenty years of comics. Throwing lightning which in most cases was ineffective.

But.

As regent of arakko and as the face of sol the kind of conflict coming to storm it would take more than a cute lighting bolt and gust of wind to deal with. On the cosmic plane we have characters who can survive the cores of stars and such lightning bolts sing gonna do twit to them. There are characters mich liks mr. Stark can fling planets at their enemies like throwing rocks a tornado is not going to save her or her allies. And then we might say what about team work well that is where we have one little problem, the arakkii are always watching her to see just how powerful she is. Even she has realized she has to do ostentatious **** with her powers or else they would not mind her when she is giving them orders decrees among other ruler things. That's why when they were facing the lethal legion she didn't call for a telepath to fix gladiator or come up with a strategy so that the remaining guard and sorm arakkii can take them. Nope she had to deal with them on her own to not only save her planet but to demonstrate that she is more than powerful enough to protect and defend arakko.

I believe that krakoan era would be retconned in the future maybe five or ten years from now. I mean people like the xmen thriving but many others want the xmen to go back to struggling.