Page 378 of 833 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 12488
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The color of lightning is usually a reflection of the particular gases being ionized/the refraction of the light through the atmosphere. In the comics it's usually just artistic choice.
    I was really hoping it had something to do with her power signature but you're absolutely right about it being an artistic choice.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Omg... You guys were just talking about Vulcan and Phoenix &Storm power level and now we're back on Black panther&Storm.

Oohh geez. How far back I gotta read!?!This started on page 364!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was really hoping it had something to do with her power signature but you're absolutely right about it being an artistic choice.
    Speaking of lightning, I just saw a post of someone saying that it would be ccol to see Storm being able to travel Electro style via power grids and whatnot.

Yay or nay? I personally think that'd look cool too.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Mighty Member

so im not sure what stories you've been reading but these sleeper cells would only be activated if at any point tchalla instructed them to based upon these nations being a threat to him. Arakko has not done anything, nor has any other nation, that would have warranted such a response from tchalla. so no harm has actually been done to arakko. actual harm to arakko has come in the form of brand through orchis and soon to be the eternals, none of which includes wakanda. therefore your claim is a big reach
    No other nation on earth would ever take that rationale. You would be laughed out of court. That is not even a moral rationale or analysis or explanation. Placing sleeper cells in another country is a huge violation of international law. Hell, there was a recent case of assassins being sent in from Iraq to kill Bush jr and they were all locked up. When most countries find them they are executed.

Astonishing Member

Does Brand have anyone worthwhile in her corner at the moment lol? It seems just weird to hype up some big confrontation between her and Storm yet saddle her with no prominent or powerful allies. She‘s up against Storm, Magneto, Cable, Manifold, Sunspot, etc. I want the conflict to be well earned and the stakes to be real for all the characters involved, but there seems to be a lack of scale for me. Unless Brand has something up her sleeve (which is quite likely given Ewing is a good writer) I don’t see the next few issues being anything other than her constantly getting dunked on.

At this point while I prefer Tarn as a character and fighter to Vulcan, I kinda want him to lose so the villains of this story actually feel competent to realistically challenge Storm and her team. Other than that the XMR preview looks great. I’ve never cared about Cable but Thunderbird is cool so I’m looking forward to seeing how Ewing makes him work in this story. I’d like to see him and Storm talk at some point.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Speaking of lightning, I just saw a post of someone saying that it would be ccol to see Storm being able to travel Electro style via power grids and whatnot.

Yay or nay? I personally think that'd look cool too.
    she kinda did something similar in uncanny xforce. I gotta see if I can find the scan. do you mean like becoming lightning to travel?

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    No other nation on earth would ever take that rationale. You would be laughed out of court. That is not even a moral rationale or analysis or explanation. Placing sleeper cells in another country is a huge violation of international law. Hell, there was a recent case of assassins being sent in from Iraq to kill Bush jr and they were all locked up. When most countries find them they are executed.
    really? so now arakko has laws against what tchalla did? prove it please.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

she kinda did something similar in uncanny xforce. I gotta see if I can find the scan. do you mean like becoming lightning to travel?

really? so now arakko has laws against what tchalla did? prove it please.
    wow, so you are actually going to defend it? You know it's wrong and yet in your mind it's fine. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Does Brand have anyone worthwhile in her corner at the moment lol? It seems just weird to hype up some big confrontation between her and Storm yet saddle her with no prominent or powerful allies. She‘s up against Storm, Magneto, Cable, Manifold, Sunspot, etc. I want the conflict to be well earned and the stakes to be real for all the characters involved, but there seems to be a lack of scale for me. Unless Brand has something up her sleeve (which is quite likely given Ewing is a good writer) I don’t see the next few issues being anything other than her constantly getting dunked on.

At this point while I prefer Tarn as a character and fighter to Vulcan, I kinda want him to lose so the villains of this story actually feel competent to realistically challenge Storm and her team. Other than that the XMR preview looks great. I’ve never cared about Cable but Thunderbird is cool so I’m looking forward to seeing how Ewing makes him work in this story. I’d like to see him and Storm talk at some point.
    Good point! If Brand could flip Tarn by having him lose his position on the GR to Magneto (or Vulcan) Storm’s team would be in foe an epic fight. Especially if Tarn retained leadership of Locus Vile.

Storm isn't in love as much as the fans of the pairing keep saying it. How can one be in love with someone that doesn't trust her? He never has and this is just repeating what started decades ago. He's a really bad boyfriend. Who creates a sleeper cell of assassins, trains her ward to be one of them and then plants him on her planet and then lies about it? Does that sound like a healthy relationship to you?

She's in a codependent relationship but nothing about that trainwreck is healthy or good. T'challa will never change and grow and neither will Storm in his book.
    That is not what I am saying -- again here we are sticking to "what the fans are saying" -- the fans are divided in it lets be honest coz everyone wants a piece of Storm's relationship here and there like they have a say on it -- What I am saying is her exact words in BP that Marvel printed She declared she love the man right at Nakia's face now to want a verbatim of it fine -- but thats what Marvel again is saying -- but the fans observation of it is that its toxic -- there's a difference -- like if you understood how Logan said Im sorry i didnt see you after jean in wolverine and the x-men is canon due to its printing -- likewise its canon in print she uttered the words love -- so fine we reword it when we discuss it happens but that doesnt erase the fact that it was first said by the character of Storm -- fans translate it the words love to me is love or inlove but then where in the world did you get the word toxic even? Another fan? Ask them where they get it thats what we keep on saying and some fans here base their opinion On opinions -- without reading it yes just look it up and go head to head with people who have read the material -- its like believing a hearsay that Storm was going to die based on speculation where in print she's alive and kicking -- so I dont understand why people are adamant to do a fact check -- there is no harm in going over it if you dont care at all it wouldnt matter -- if you are reading it anyways -- but apparently the most complaints comes from people who are even so hell bent on their own truths compared to what marvel drew marvel said and marvel published -- again its your choice to believe if its toxic but they aren't depicted in that way if you are reading it -- again IF -- coz here we have a preview of her lightning blast not Tchalla and yet the impression is that they are toxic? What when you see someone saving someone who thinks about it being a toxic scene? It doesnt make sense -again we wont know how you are all reading comics anyways so how to tell a lie? Or just mere opinion? Besides its a story that Marvel is telling not anyone else -- and yet somehow this topic becomes lost in translation -- again rumors are rumors until proven true and now people guise the ones who read the comics as just biased feels lols of course we feel we accept it coz we've read it -- has these people read them and hated them? I cannot speak of....did you even know that Tchalla was so amicable on their divorce that he even let Ororo knows he was okay and it was hard for her to keep his request not date Logan? And yet people assumed it was a bad break up -- no they were amicable and civil about it -- these are comics we are talking about -- there are actual prints why do you think some of us are posting it -- its encouraging you to read the material coz thats what are comic for first and foremost they are freaking books -- that needs to be read -- beyond that is interpretations of a fan a sudden reader and just curious people who dont have an actual interest or investment in it even and just want to say something -- yes they were badly written i agree yes they were part of each others live and Marvel is continuing that story if it is successful we dont know yet coz even the characterization of the two are on a discovery of it but fans wants to decide for them -- thus guys its not your directives -- its still Marvel -- no one is saying that you force yourself to like it but it demands to be read before you make judgement for pete's sake -- otherwise another reality check we are all not in control of this --
    Yes you have question yes you arent ready to trust it no we are not saying issue number 6 wont be about conflict but we are saying its gonna be in print coz I dont know how you belittle this role but Storm is in the middle of everything here not just Krakoa, not just Arakko but damn it she's even in space queen era where she is met with aliens yes wakanda too -- and Tchalla too coz lets face it -- x-men even states had they not honor the queenship and kingship between the two Krakoa might be a high level potential threat to Wakanda we know how it is right? You think its not important? Then if ever here's a theoretical thought: killmonger wasnt killed and became the emperor of igw you think they wont attack the budding Arakko? Even if its Storm? Again its theoretical -- these are fiction books where Killmonger came back over and over again -- and Marvel has their rights to print that -- again you may not care -- but we do -- we are buying the comics for the story facts over opinions -- at this point you have no idea how many lies or interpretation i can provide either that is why discussions like this are here -- its just that the moment people post something its met with rejection but complain when it happens in print anyways -- come on I for one is not loosing anything -- the fact that I have access to backreading stuff and I follow them closely -- you really think im not on a lookout how Ridley would portray Storm not being able to sniff out the secrecy -- of course I did -- im watchinf if he respects Storm the way Coates and Ewing are because they are the source material -- i mean sure comment however you want but remember that people are reading here too -- they think you are tellinf the truth unless its certified coming from Marvel so in that case she said it in a BP book -- as much I want to agree with you that is just my opinion nope I firmly would say to you she said it herself she is in love with Tchalla -- to Nakia's face -- honestly it wouldnt matter anyways coz people will believe people based on their decision -- i honor your decision to take a consideration -- but thats not for me -- im not benefitting in the hearsays anyways coz i go find out which issues she is and actually read it myself -- so lets go read the book and find out the actual truth?

He trained her ward and sent in someone she loves to do harm to her kingdom.
    Show that and where's the pictures come on -- its your pre emptive judgement -- based on a preview -- come on show me your truth?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Does Brand have anyone worthwhile in her corner at the moment lol?
    Other than Orchis? No. Even Orchis is pretty thin as a worthy adversary for the mutants. We've got millions of battle-hardened mutants from another dimension, plus a few hundred thousand Earth mutant, at least two dozen(if not many more) Omegas including reality warpers and god summoners, vs one Nimrod, Omega Sentinel, and their various nerds.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Honestly i'm fine with Storm and T'Challa being together and fine if they break up. To me it just gives more of a chance for Storm to appear in MCU movies that involve him or the Avengers. That's how I look at it

Other than Orchis? No. Even Orchis is pretty thin as a worthy adversary for the mutants. We've got millions of battle-hardened mutants from another dimension, plus a few hundred thousand Earth mutant, at least two dozen(if not many more) Omegas including reality warpers and god summoners, vs one Nimrod, Omega Sentinel, and their various nerds.

And when Hickman had just Xavier and Magneto WRECK Nimrod and Omega Sentinel in Inferno, it made the whole thing even more nonsensical.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Show that and where's the pictures come on -- its your pre emptive judgement -- based on a preview -- come on show me your truth?
    Blackpanther 3

It's not my truth, it's on the page. Direct quote T'challa to gentle, do people even bother to read it.
    I am shutting down the sleeper program. I am deactivating all the sleeper agents including you
    But why? You know I am ready to die for you

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Brand does have 1 person. And that's Wiz-Kid, but he will be deflecting pretty soon. So, yeah she's back to NOBODY other than Orchis.

And I agree. I don't really See Orchis being of ANY threat to the Mutant Nation. ESPECIALLY, since Nimrod And Karima got their asses Handed to them Magneto.