Page 339 of 833 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    im not sure if you're intending to or not but this response is coming across condescending. my mental health is fine thank you even with wanting to at some point see hadari yao and I've done nothing but enjoy the moment. that doesn't need to be said. thank you
    Good for you. We all win. Happy Red Day!
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Good for you. We all win. Happy Red Day!
    yea we do win but if any gurl try coming for me im totally fine with disrupting this festive energy we've all enjoyed today to remind u im not the one to try. happy red day to u2.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-18-2022 at 09:02 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    WHO SAID THAT!!

Show him unto me

Lols the amount of hostile feels -- a troll is only effective if they dictate how you feel successfully lols we are enjoying this day while they scratch heads and feels hallow -- let them talk -- a bee doesnt explain to a fly that you were eating **** all along -- Happy X-men Red day

So...

Overall Issue
    Very good! Great pacing, great art, and great story that was worth the wait. Ewing KNOW HIS ****! I AM HERE FOR IT! He has such a good grasp on his cast, and I love that he is picking tougher battles/matching up bigger opposition for them. The Progenitors are very powerful and Vulcan is very powerful, and we have the upcoming issues with Tarn and Magneto. It is so good to have a writer who respects canon, has passion for writing his cast, and doesn't mind taking readers to unexplored places in the X-pages. Very grateful for Ewing being at the helm of Red and allowing Storm to be the star. Long overdue.

Storm vs Vulcan
    Loved it! I was not sure where the fight was initially going to go, and I think Ewing set it up perfectly for Storm to go for a tactical win her vs trying to match raw power vs raw power = a destroyed Arakko no matter who wins. This approach allowed Storm to demonstrate her explicitly stated control over energy, her skill both with her powers and tactical thinking, and the sheer strength of her will. And I loved Ewing's description of their battle. And the conciseness was so key here. No hyperbole for people to color as an embellishment. Just a straightfroward battle of omega mutants, and Storm controlling the energy inside Vulcan - frying his insides to the point of unconciousness and need of healing. And the SHADE at the end - "No thrones on Arakko, 'EMPEROR'. Pass it on = you are dismissed!

Storm vs Brand
    This will be interesting and I am hoping Ewing explores capability as a seasoned leader. Brand is crafty and I love that she sees that trying to manipulate Storm won't work, so she'll try to work around her. I feel there is a lot of good POV to happen her for both Storm and Brand. Currently Abigail is taking some L's but she will eventually get some W's and I'd like to see Storm's perspective on her, both prior to and after her awareness of Brand's double or triple dealing machinations. I think she is good nemesis for Storm.

On top of that - the art was superb, the characterization was fire, and the pacing is great. We have our team rosters, we have our ideological clashes, and we have Storm at the helm of Arakko and a very powerful incarnation of the Brotherhood. We've arrived.

im not sure if you're intending to or not but this response is coming across condescending. first I didn't bring up hadari yao. secondly, my mental health is just fine even with wanting to at some point see hadari yao and I've done nothing but enjoy the moment, that doesn't need to be said. thank you but please don't bring this type of energy my way again (^_^)
    was not condescending, just said it so wouldn't feel frustrated for creating so much expectation.
    You don't have to be defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    So...

Overall Issue
    Very good! Great pacing, great art, and great story that was worth the wait. Ewing KNOW HIS ****! I AM HERE FOR IT! He has such a good grasp on his cast, and I love that he is picking tougher battles/matching up bigger opposition for them. The Progenitors are very powerful and Vulcan is very powerful, and we have the upcoming issues with Tarn and Magneto. It is so good to have a writer who respects canon, has passion for writing his cast, and doesn't mind taking readers to unexplored places in the X-pages. Very grateful for Ewing being at the helm of Red and allowing Storm to be the star. Long overdue.

Storm vs Vulcan
    Loved it! I was not sure where the fight was initially going to go, and I think Ewing set it up perfectly for Storm to go for a tactical win her vs trying to match raw power vs raw power = a destroyed Arakko no matter who wins. This approach allowed Storm to demonstrate her explicitly stated control over energy, her skill both with her powers and tactical thinking, and the sheer strength of her will. And I loved Ewing's description of their battle. And the conciseness was so key here. No hyperbole for people to color as an embellishment. Just a straightfroward battle of omega mutants, and Storm controlling the energy inside Vulcan - frying his insides to the point of unconciousness and need of healing. And the SHADE at the end - "No thrones on Arakko, 'EMPEROR'. Pass it on = you are dismissed!

Storm vs Brand
    This will be interesting and I am hoping Ewing explores capability as a seasoned leader. Brand is crafty and I love that she sees that trying to manipulate Storm won't work, so she'll try to work around her. I feel there is a lot of good POV to happen her for both Storm and Brand. Currently Abigail is taking some L's but she will eventually get some W's and I'd like to see Storm's perspective on her, both prior to and after her awareness of Brand's double or triple dealing machinations. I think she is good nemesis for Storm.

On top of that - the art was superb, the characterization was fire, and the pacing is great. We have our team rosters, we have our ideological clashes, and we have Storm at the helm of Arakko and a very powerful incarnation of the Brotherhood. We've arrived.

by the goddess i was waiting for your review. im working out so I can't go into deep dive of this like I would want but I must say it is very much a godsend to have a writer who respects canon. having storm explicitly state what was happening removing conjecture many of her distractors like to add was simply chefs kiss. my only thing I would like a little clarity on is what she exactly did to Vulcan. im seeing people say differ things here and there but all of what I've seen I've loved including your synopsis!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    was not condescending, just said it so wouldn't feel frustrated for creating so much expectation.
    You don't have to be defensive.
    I actually went into the issue with low expectations. I was expecting ororo to lose in this exchange so I was pleasantly surprised and have expressed nothing but joy about the issue. so considering the latter, that is all my posts have been celebratory in nature your comments seem to come out of left field and the comment about "mental health" seemingly was more out of left field. nonetheless if you intended not to be as such I will take your word and keep it moving.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-18-2022 at 10:05 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Did Storm just watch the last episode of Avatar the last Airbender? Lol

Lord, the level of hate she would get if she started soul bending.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

by the goddess i was waiting for your review. im working out so I can't go into deep dive of this like I would want but I must say it is very much a godsend to have a writer who respects canon. having storm explicitly state what was happening removing conjecture many of her distractors like to add was simply chefs kiss. my only thing I would like a little clarity on is what she exactly did to Vulcan. im seeing people say differ things here and there but all of what I've seen I've loved including your synopsis!!!
    I noticed lol. I don't agree with it being some form of energy drain. The smoke coming from his mouth is key, and I don't think we'd see that if his energy was removed from him. The smoke makes it clear his insides were burned and 'krakoom'/thunder made sense that she took control of the energy inside him and formed lightning or an electrical energy burst.

Plus I love her use of freezing here. This 3 times now under Ewing:

- Froze Calderak in the Circle
    - Froze the skin and lowered the blood temp of Nameless
    - Froze Vulcan

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I noticed lol. I don't agree with it being some form of energy drain. The smoke coming from his mouth is key, and I don't think we'd see that if his energy was removed from him. The smoke makes it clear his insides were burned and 'krakoom'/thunder made sense that she took control of the energy inside him and formed lightning or an electrical energy burst.

Plus I love her use of freezing here. This 3 times now under Ewing:

- Froze Calderak in the Circle
    - Froze the skin and lowered the blood temp of Nameless
    - Froze Vulcan

I looked several times and I see smoke but I thought that was coming from his head and fingers. I thought the smoke was the result of the flame of energy he had created being extinguished. I also thought was the release of said energy from body was what resulted in the big krakoom. but your analysis has me reevaluating the feat for sure. nevertheless I just loved that he explained that she is an energy manipulator. he just continues to make my heart smile with how consistent he has been with depicting her as it has been shown canonically.

I also love the ice displays. it so refreshing to see we are getting the breadth of what her abilities entail and not just lightning.

oh your email is full to love.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Did Storm just watch the last episode of Avatar the last Airbender? Lol

Lord, the level of hate she would get if she started soul bending.

my baby father!!! where have you been?!?!?

they been hating so hard on her lol. its been so entertaining to read them explain how the feat wasn't really a feat lol. and I got Avatar and versus the firelord feels too from this lol.

Astonishing Member

Doing a re-read of issue 1 and 2 rn lol probably going to do this with every new issue that comes out with this and SWORD Ewing is definitely one of my favorite X writers. Like up there with Hickman for me (and honestly better with character work if I'm being honest).

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Doing a re-read of issue 1 and 2 rn lol probably going to do this with every new issue that comes out with this and SWORD Ewing is definitely one of my favorite X writers. Like up there with Hickman for me (and honestly better with character work if I'm being honest).
    he's definitely my fave alongside Hickman as one of the top 3 xmen writers. Claremont 1 and im.think Ewing is a 2 followed by Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Storm did so much in such a little space of time. So many feats here. First, did anyone else notice she stopped a full forward charging Vulcan by grabbing him by the throat! This seemed to be a feat of strength, perhaps enhanced by her energy manipulating abilities, but outside of the chokehold, there didn't seem to be any other force at play. Could this suggest like a telekinetic, she is now using energies to enhance her own strength? Secondly, she completely subdued and wrestled control of all of the energy that Vulcan was using. This isn't surprising if one looks at how she once wrestled control away from Trion. Finally, she used this energy to technically fry Vulcan from the inside out, once again demonstrating her fine control over said energy by attacking opponents internally. This is before we even get to her indomitable will and energy perception. I also feel like there was a nod to the Hadari Yao as it was established that when Storm showed up the Arraki were inspired and believed in her potentially even fueling her strength on top of it. I only add this because that was one issue that Brand had and talked about with Vulcan afterward. The biggest question I have here now is....did she just open up a debate for being an Omega Energy Manipulator? The only reason I ask is because of the definition of what it means to be Omega in that category type. Or was this a demonstration of skill and will power. The end panel with Vulcan left that open for debate in my opinion by suggesting that Vulcan has not yet come close to reaching his potential. Like Iceman before, perhaps Vulcan lacks creativity and true skill with his potential as an energy manipulator and Storm, much like with Iceman, has mastered these forces and could even perhaps help Vulcan to unlock some of the control and imagination he lacks. (Which is kind of scary given Vulcan's past feats as well). However, with Storm's abilities to see Energy and manipulate them as weather to the point of wrestling control from other seemingly more powerful forces, would this not lend the argument that she is in fact the Omega in Energy manipulation. Or does perhaps the description of Weather Manipulator in fact trump all other energy manipulation as maybe most natural forces are involved in or demonstrated by the ability to manipulate the energies that bring about weather phenomena. I found her words I am Mother and Vulcan describing himself as Son somewhat metaphorical in that perhaps Storm represents the "origins" of all said energies. For example, Magneto cannot control the weather but in controlling the weather storm does in fact manipulate certain electromagnetic forces. Same with Iceman and cold. Her versatility gives her insight into all forms of energy manipulation even if she may not be the head honcho in that category (or perhaps she is, just due to classification she is labeled weather manipulator). It reminds me of the Emma Frost vs Rachel debate in regards to telepathy. So much richness here. Definitely another pure display of respect for Storm's power here. I must say it's thrilling to read a story where a black female hero is respected and represented so powerfully like any other premiere white male hero would be. Storm is finally truly a verified force and nothing to play with.
    She basically says she is an omega energy manipulator along with vulcan saying that they are basically in a stalemate and now who will win is who has the stronger will of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    She basically says she is an omega energy manipulator along with vulcan saying that they are basically in a stalemate and now who will win is who has the stronger will of the two.
    what did you think of issue? I dont recall your review and thoughts on the issue.

what did you think of issue? I dont recall your review and thoughts on the issue.
    Oh I loved it 10/10 for me. I did say that I was expecting a tempestous battle but this show of power works even better and is more in line with storm's charachter. I mean her and vulcan going at it would harm the arakkii present who clearly were not powerful and could potentially destroy the planet. Her grabbing him by the neck and letting him know he is on her level in name only is the kind off badass that only claremoth can pull off and Ewing did it seamlessly.

Also I love how the story is building up giving us a deeper conflict how the fisher king is subtly set up as more than he seems and also how manifold and frenzy are not on bord with what abigail is doing manifold even quiting. And abigail! My God! She is a perfect villan/antagonist. Like she is evil and **** but she genuinely believes she is in the right and is doing stuff for the greater good. I like that she has intergalactic powers backing her looks like they can finally give ororo a challenge.

I looked several times and I see smoke but I thought that was coming from his head and fingers. I thought the smoke was the result of the flame of energy he had created being extinguished. I also thought was the release of said energy from body was what resulted in the big krakoom. but your analysis has me reevaluating the feat for sure. nevertheless I just loved that he explained that she is an energy manipulator. he just continues to make my heart smile with how consistent he has been with depicting her as it has been shown canonically.

I also love the ice displays. it so refreshing to see we are getting the breadth of what her abilities entail and not just lightning.

oh your email is full to love.

my baby father!!! where have you been?!?!?

they been hating so hard on her lol. its been so entertaining to read them explain how the feat wasn't really a feat lol. and I got Avatar and versus the firelord feels too from this lol.
    Covid actually put me in the hospital for 5 months. I've slowly been getting better but it was a rough ride for a little. Finally heathy enough that I feel alright.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.