Page 28 of 833 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128528 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Careful! Remember that Storm needs to be humble!

The Vulcan/Storm tiff might break the review thread again!

Adding to that it is well established that Ewing is a canon junkie and what is established canon when it comes to Storm's power in space?
    I think there is the Galactic Core feat, which never gets mentioned, space lightning, which we've seen a few times, and vague/limited solar wind control/references. It's a very unexplored aspect of Storm's power so I think Ewing would have to do the heavy lifting when it came to space abilities if he wanted to expand on that since there just aren't many past showings he could draw upon.
    Last edited by Saturius; 01-19-2022 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Nothing in the Sword was by chance, we will see that in Xmen Red, very excited!

I know most want to see more Hadari yao moments, but I'll be glad at least her powers have been explored more, as is already happening, I'd really like to see Storm reading neural impulses, ****, is that some kind of Electric Telepathy?
    That's a nice idea Stormy! I wouldn't expect her to be Xavier or anything but I could totally see her maybe toying with the impulses in the brain to make someone go blind temporarily or maybe send a pulse to their flight or fight response so she doesn't have to fight them.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post

I think there is the Galactic Core feat, which never gets mentioned, space lightning, which we've seen a few times, and vague/limited solar wind control/references. It's a very unexplored aspect of Storm's power so I think Ewing would have to do the heavy lifting when it came to space abilities if he wanted to expand on that since there just aren't many past showings he could draw upon.
    Oh I'm FULLY expecting tears and salt to combine. Storm saying a SINGLE line calling Magneto out caused certain people to damn near "storm" the Marvel office. #TikiTorchGang

Well Ewing did sorta mention it in a backdoor way. The whole reason she "Swam with the Acanti" was due to her Galactic Core feat leaving her exposed body in space.

But I'm with you, I'd love for someone like Ewing to deep dive into the whole bag of space weather that falls under Storm's dominion.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Thank you! I could not pin down what was being broken behind her!

That's a nice idea Stormy! I wouldn't expect her to be Xavier or anything but I could totally see her maybe toying with the impulses in the brain to make someone go blind temporarily or maybe send a pulse to their flight or fight response so she doesn't have to fight them.
    That's what I'm talking about! It would be amazing, or her also using the nervous system's electricity to cause excruciating pain that will make enemies beg to die!

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    "A broken throne for a broken land" lolol

Incredible Member

That's what I'm talking about! It would be amazing, or her also using the nervous system's electricity to cause excruciating pain that will make enemies beg to die!

"A broken throne for a broken land" lolol

mystery solved ������

Incredible Member

Storm makes a choice for her people and another for herself.

Predictions?? What choices does she make

I think a big Storm moment will happen next month because it's Black History month and that would be amazing. We'll see

BANNED

[Snip!]I think there is the Galactic Core feat, which never gets mentioned, space lightning, which we've seen a few times, and vague/limited solar wind control/references. It's a very unexplored aspect of Storm's power so I think Ewing would have to do the heavy lifting when it came to space abilities if he wanted to expand on that since there just aren't many past showings he could draw upon.
    I'm still looking for that elusive issue where Ororo made it rain on Sol with no air, atmosphere, or water to form clouds.
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-19-2022 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

Adding to that it is well established that Ewing is a canon junkie and what is established canon when it comes to Storm's power in space?

One thing I hope he does touch on is Storm's ability to read the nervous system of living beings. We have never seen it being put to use (at least from a reader pov) yet it give her that edge in every fight.

We know that the ring is not a strictly H2H fight so him highlighting that could be in the cards.
    Ohk first of all rather instead of weather? I swear my keyboard hates me.

Next! Omg yes! I was a little bit creeped out by that but very much impressed and reassured. Creeped out because even his boss doesn't really remember canon and was going around on sages internet saying storm could only control lighting and wind. But Ewing in this interview alone spoke on some very vital very early storm moments the man is really a fan and I can't wait to see what he does with her.

In space storms powers are very much insane and basically she gets cosmic/celestial manipulation. In school last week we were learning about the zero point energy in outer space and quantum theory which states that empty space is well not empty but consists of quantum foal and a **** ton of energy. It is cannon storm can see the energies of empty space and manipulate it so I won't be shocked if Ewing gives her a feat there.

Yeah the neural electricity thing is a canon thing. Monica can turn into neural electricity to share information amongst a group of people. But also neural electricity allows one to manipulate movement and involuntary movements so that's just waiting to happen.

Nothing in the Sword was by chance, we will see that in Xmen Red, very excited!

I know most want to see more Hadari yao moments, but I'll be glad at least her powers have been explored more, as is already happening, I'd really like to see Storm reading neural impulses, ****, is that some kind of Electric Telepathy?
    Yeah it was all very deliberate he did day last year that he has the entire year planned so I am very excited.

And yes it would be electric telepathy and though it is not as rooted as traditional telepathy but it has certain advantages, for one it can enable one to hack into technology when normal telepathy can't. So that is a very handy skill to have.

Oh I can't wait. I am going to pop my finest wine for that day. It would be most delicious to me when the storm should be humble crowd start fuming because she layed Vulcan's ass. I can already taste it and it tastes sooo good. I mean if one sentence could let them spiral down that much then the battle between the two would truly cause them to claw out their brains and lament for days and I can't wait!

Yeah exactly. As I was telling sub storm's abilities in space was explained by Claremont but never really shown. He did believe that in terms of sheer raw power storm rivaled phoenix so that is saying something.
    20220120_055333.jpg

Empty space is the highlight to me because empty space is not empty it contains quantum foam. And we'll let me get you some articles.
    https://www.wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/mob...ar%20reactions.

https://www.thelastdialogue.org/arti...-is-not-empty/

It is really exciting but at this point even if he gives lighting lass I know he would show out.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post

Current Adversary seems like he's warping the White Room with Echo in there

Warping reality in the white room and Echo thinks she is in a dream. Keep in mind Adversary is weak and wants the phoenix power.
    This means hadari Yao is terribly powerful no wonder knull said what he said.
    Attached Images Attached Images

[/B]
    This was my thought when I first saw the new fit. It's in her history to use her costume as part of her melee "equipment"
    Agreed. From secreting lockpicks and blades, to using her diadem, or cape Ororo has made inventive use of her costume.

New Al Ewing interview - https://www.cbr.com/marvel-al-ewing-...war-interview/

Some nice tidbits imo:

I'd ask anyone to read the interview in full! I kept the parts that pertained mostly to Storm but the whole interview is juicy!!!
    This interview was SUPREMELY DELICIOUS! I cannot wait to get my hands on this book! Ewing KNOWS Storm and his plans sound great for both her and the cast! This book should be a driving force in the X-Verse. I am thinking Red & Immortal will push the X-narrative. And a throwdown with Vulcan. There has been like....zero interaction between them but I can totally see Brand putting the Shiar back in his crosshairs to trigger Storm, which I think it would. And I love that he brings up the moments where Storm has pushed back on Xavier (and technically Magneto - he too has an imperious voice she reacted to). I am hoping it is setting groundwork for a partnership being built between her and Magneto. He would be a fitting member of the Great Ring. And I'm hoping Cable becomes the Director of SWORD and gets a story arc of him (or Magneto but after the interview I see it more for Cable) going to Mar's moon to remove an "unexpected guess". Thanks for posting this link.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post

Current Adversary seems like he's warping the White Room with Echo in there

Warping reality in the white room and Echo thinks she is in a dream. Keep in mind Adversary is weak and wants the phoenix power.
    and remember storm is a bigger god (^_^)
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

As far as I'm concerned X-Men: Red is the flagship X-Book. Yall can keep Duggan, good luck with all that.
    and thsts on period.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    We want feats but the feats should mean something to the story and be on a just because basis.
    facts! im a feats material gworl. ok. make it so like Claremont used to do which was have a great feat connected to a great story. I need both.

Thank you! I could not pin down what was being broken behind her!
    me either lolol

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I think a big Storm moment will happen next month because it's Black History month and that would be amazing. We'll see
    well we got weather goddess feats where she created sustained weather and sun/'light source for an entire planet. not sure how u top this but I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    This means hadari Yao is terribly powerful no wonder knull said what he said.
    hello and thank you. receipts will be ever flowing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Great interview from Ewing. Can not wait for red. Unfortunately one can not preorder yet, at least not digitally as when i searched the month of 4/2022 for upcoming releases that you can predorder marvel hasn't seem to send the memo out. maybe shops have like a first dip thing but it's definitely not good to have all initial ordering having to be done through one system and sort of at the control and whim of people who i doubt are checking for Storm. I hope shop ordering is watched very closely around april cause if they order less than what Al generally sells on smaller franchises than houston we have a problem.

Also the preordering thing can be a bit messy like does someone need to walk to a shop just to preorder a book. A link at the bottom of the article would be nice to preorder options for people who may have been fan of storm, i trust them spreading the information more than i trust shop owners deciding on what people want to read.

And just wanted to add this is the exact reason why wolverine and some characters are in every book, it's not cause they actually sale it's because people behind the scenes are more likely to order them and if you claim wolverine, or such and such is popular and they are in a book with a character you don't like it's harder to justify not ordering a book with what you called a "big seller" in it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-20-2022 at 02:43 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/