Page 567 of 833 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577617667 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    All i thought about was one of the best seasons of Xena ever. lol. I was so annoyed by Gabrielle whole peace and love journey and no violence and i had a lot of siblings so i had to barter to watch xena and damn wpix got me ready for people playing with me with their releases of xena and no internet to really tell you it was renewed but i digress, when Xena was hurt in season 5 i believe and Gabrielle tossed all eli teachings aside in that moment in the snow and kiled many soilders before realizing what was going on. Damn that's love. Sorry i don't even know where i was going with this now i'm all teared up about how much i loved me some Xena and Gabs. lol
    I am one of the uncultured few who's never seen a single episode of Xena. I beg for forgiveness!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    "People think my mutant power is to create storms, in truth I can manipulate all forms of energy... growing up in Kenya, the people of my village valued rain above all else to grow their crops and feed their cattle. So I learned to manipulate energy in the form of weather, and I have been partial to it since."
    Hmm, on one hand it would make sense but on the other hand I feel like that would allow writers to limit her even more than they do now. At least with weather we sometimes get cool visuals. If they shift her to strictly manipulation of energy all we'd get is vague energy blasts shots. On the other hand (yes we're having more than two hands) given the time and time again definition of her powers and how it operates, her being able to just manipulate weather doesn't really "fit".
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    It never would've occurred to me that Sobunar would fly by having water jets coming from his feet. However, given what he mutation is and the level it's at I suppose it makes sense.

Random - is he a hydrokinetic of any kind or it just strictly water/bio-life manipulation?
    Personally I don't know that its either. Remember, the oceans on Arakko are literally all made from the ocean he contains within his body, which included the building blocks of the planet's entire marine ecosystem....so it seems he can control and manipulate both the water of the oceans AND the life contained within it.....but it all stems from him originally and I don't think we have any way of knowing at that point how much that matters. Like can he do the same things with other oceans that DON'T originate from him? We don't know.

I think hydrokinesis and control of marine life are both PART of his powerset, but the particulars of his powerset are still unestablished and could theoretically go in a few different directions.

I love that the Sentinel is like:

"Wait, WHAT?! WTF just happened!? I was in the middle of an energy blast and now I'm headless and armless. Does not compute!"

Art by Darryl Inniss

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Personally I don't know that its either. Remember, the oceans on Arakko are literally all made from the ocean he contains within his body, which included the building blocks of the planet's entire marine ecosystem....so it seems he can control and manipulate both the water of the oceans AND the life contained within it.....but it all stems from him originally and I don't think we have any way of knowing at that point how much that matters. Like can he do the same things with other oceans that DON'T originate from him? We don't know.

I think hydrokinesis and control of marine life are both PART of his powerset, but the particulars of his powerset are still unestablished and could theoretically go in a few different directions.
    Good points, Bobby!

Astonishing Member

Good points, Bobby!
    The thing I'm most interested in learning about Sobunar is where the marine lifeforms born of his ocean originally come from. Because that's potentially a big deal. For instance....are they lifeforms that exist elsewhere, and his mutation just somehow has copies/samples of them as part of his oceans, or are they entirely original organisms that never existed elsewhere?

If its the latter, that means part of his powerset includes creating entirely new organisms.....and what is the basis for these creatures, would then be the question? Does he think/dream them into existence, his mutation birthing them in his oceanic bloodstream, which he can then release as real, life-sized entities outside of himself? That to me, is potentially the biggest and most interesting element of his power....especially when you consider the big eldritch Cthulu-esque monster fighting Isca in the last issue. If he can like, just imagine nightmare monstrosities and then start a chain reaction that brings these creatures into being as he desires......that's pretty fucking dope.

"People think my mutant power is to create storms, in truth I can manipulate all forms of energy... growing up in Kenya, the people of my village valued rain above all else to grow their crops and feed their cattle. So I learned to manipulate energy in the form of weather, and I have been partial to it since."
    Where was this said?

"Wait, WHAT?! WTF just happened!? I was in the middle of an energy blast and now I'm headless and armless. Does not compute!"

Art by Darryl Inniss
    This art is amazing! We need this scene with Storm and one of the Hex. An epic cosmic storm that rips that a$$ to shreds and leaves the Eternals shook! Probably won’t get to see that but this artist is very talented. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Where was this said?
    I don’t think it was said. Just an idea/opinion being shared. I personally prefer her as she is, just manipulating the energy & forces that generate weather, which I think is already quite vast, powerful and versatile. All forms of energy feels too drastic a change and makes her less unique. On top of that she has an extensive array of non-power based skills that make her quite a unique package. I feel like she has just the right formula for her character growth/exploration.

I am one of the uncultured few who's never seen a single episode of Xena. I beg for forgiveness!

Hmm, on one hand it would make sense but on the other hand I feel like that would allow writers to limit her even more than they do now. At least with weather we sometimes get cool visuals. If they shift her to strictly manipulation of energy all we'd get is vague energy blasts shots. On the other hand (yes we're having more than two hands) given the time and time again definition of her powers and how it operates, her being able to just manipulate weather doesn't really "fit".
    I'm not sure I'm understanding you... Ewing already called her an omega level energy manipulator. I'm simply giving an obvious answer to the question "If she's a Vulcan level energy manipulator, why does she always make storms?" Lol because she saw the need for it as a child and basically it's what she's most familiar with.

If I was writing a Storm story I would open with that so people won't be confused when I have her throwing X class solar flares and creating electromagnetic shields and displacing the electrons of Gladiator level beings.
    Last edited by The Regent; 08-14-2022 at 04:59 PM.

Art by Darryl Inniss
    Yes GAWD!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Given her origin at the point when her powers manifested and spiritual connection to the Earth it would have been the obvious initial application and focus of her mutant abilities. At the time.
    With first Claremont defining and then expanding her range, then other writers adding to it...it makes perfect sense she explored and honed the finer aspects of her powers, those very same energies she perceives and channels in their "raw" form and can also manipulate to create the vast range of natural weather phenomena that exists.

It's really not at all limiting to have her channel weather phenomena specifically as weather itself isn't limited or limiting in its effects. There are many different "types" of winds, heat/cold, moisture, pressure, lightning etc...it just takes an imaginative writer to push way beyond the basic lightning and rain and ice. This is the true test of her mastery over energy. What she did to Vulcan is elementary "recognition and control" compared to what she should be truly and fully capable of.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-14-2022 at 07:24 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

To me Storm is a mutant Goddesses,
    She is an omega elemental manipulator connected to the sky on a metaphysical level,
    her feats of power spawn both the physical universe by means of her mutant ability to manipulate energy in his purest elemental form
    and the quasi-mystical realty by virtue of her godly status as living manifestation of the heavens.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Given her origin at the point when her powers manifested and spiritual connection to the Earth it would have been the obvious initial application and focus of her mutant abilities. At the time.
    With first Claremont defining and then expanding her range, then other writers adding to it...it makes perfect sense she explored and honed the finer aspects of her powers, those very same energies she perceives and channels in their "raw" form and can also manipulate to create the vast range of natural weather phenomena that exists.

It's really not at all limiting to have her channel weather phenomena specifically as weather itself isn't limited or limiting in its effects. There are many different "types" of winds, heat/cold, moisture, pressure, lightning etc...it just takes an imaginative writer to push way beyond the basic lightning and rain and ice. This is the true test of her mastery over energy. What she did to Vulcan is elementary "recognition and control" compared to what she should be truly and fully capable of.
    I understand what your saying, take lightning for example... a discharge of electrons. But you could take it a step further and have Storm remove electrons instead of gathering them. Literally everything and everyone is comprised of electrons.

I understand what your saying, take lightning for example... a discharge of electrons. But you could take it a step further and have Storm remove electrons instead of gathering them. Literally everything and everyone is comprised of electrons.
    Storm can also move solar winds and that includes other kind of charged particles like single protons and atomic nuclei, alpha particles(neutrons+protons), beta particles (neutron turning into a proton and an electron), etc.
    she can easily play with the building blocks of our physical universe.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

The thing is, Storm’s powers can’t ever be fully explained because even physicists can’t fully explain what causes weather. What we do know is: Weather is a turbulent flow which means it is a chaotic system and turbulent flow is still not very well understood. However Storm’s powers give her a better understanding than anyone else. She manipulates the patterns of force and energy that produce weather. Weather is defined as the condition of atmosphere at a given place or time. Atmosphere is defined as the gaseous envelope of a celestial body. In Storm’s case her powers allow her to manipulate any ambient fluid form of energy. Gas is just a low density phase of matter and fluid form of energy, but she also has manipulated ocean currents, and stellar plasma as well to varying degrees.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbulence?wprov=sfti1

What separates her from pure energy manipulators like Vulcan was said best by Ewing. If Vulcan is a candle flame, she’s a hurricane. No one controls the raw forces of nature like Storm as she controls the interconnected system of “natural forces” and energy better than anyone else.

Last edited by Idiopop; 08-15-2022 at 07:59 AM.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Dont know how true it is. Could be made up.