Page 620 of 833 FirstFirst ... 120520570610616617618619620621622623624630670720 ... LastLast
Results 9,286 to 9,300 of 12488

I myself would rather her join later. Having to sit and watch Emma take lead over her is already too much. I literally watch Xaiver Magneto , Wolvi,Mystique,Beast just do this. So major ugh. And I guess since Emma is Already and X-Men we gonna skip over the whole body snatch rape moment between them. So another ugh. Unless they're going to have Emma betrayed the whole team cause she was playing possum only waiting for the PF the whole time.(Very WATXM) thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So with the rumors of MCU X-Men being base of Joss whedon Astonishing X-Men.
    How do we feel about this?
    X-Men are established and Emma And Scott are leaders.
    Do we want Storm part of the team line up or should Storm be doing Solo's else where in the MCU than join the team in it's second rendition?
    FWIW these rumors aren't coming from anyone known to be reliable

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    The only issue I have with this is that I do not trust Editorial enough to monitor that name and make sure its 100% spelled correctly. Otherwise we may end up with Minstrel which would be problematic. I have no faith in editorial, like none.

You know what how about we call him “Maelstrom” and call it a day. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    lol my mind read that as Male Storm. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    FWIW these rumors aren't coming from anyone known to be reliable
    I was actually hearing this exact rumor for a couple of years now. So the fact it circling around again make wonder if there is some validity to it.

Lmao I'm sorry to be "that guy" but this is where my brain goes.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Bad LordAllMighty!! Bad boy!!

You can do better with the Alter Ego.

His Mutant Name Should Be: “Mistral”

For those who do not know what a Mistral is. It is a (noun)

- a strong, cold northwesterly wind that blows through the Rhône valley and southern France into the Mediterranean, mainly in winter.
    The reason I like Cyclotron.

A cyclotron accelerates charged particles outwards from the center of a flat cylindrical vacuum chamber along a spiral path.The particles are held to a spiral trajectory by a static magnetic field and accelerated by a rapidly varying electric field.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

normally I find myself disagreeing with you when it comes to shipping but I upvote this! i like it for a codename ahahah

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It be's that way sometimes. Lol

Though, I'm still Storm and Black Panther forever.
    agreed. multiship do happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So with the rumors of MCU X-Men being base of Joss whedon Astonishing X-Men.
    How do we feel about this?
    X-Men are established and Emma And Scott are leaders.
    Do we want Storm part of the team line up or should Storm be doing Solo's else where in the MCU than join the team in it's second rendition?
    solo > team up -- im leaving the team up hype with Xmen 97 -- but with MCU ambitious as I am -- she better have a solo.... she has adventures before becoming X-man, outside of the x-men and still not in the x-men nowadays --
    also isnt joss whedon involved in the fox movies?
    isnt that problematic for Storm already?

I also want to throw in that once you move past the emotional impact of the scene and really look at it from a strictly power/feat PoV, Storm really did the damn thing. Not only was she a continuous battery/life support system for Mags (across 2 books), but she was also able cool molten iron from Arakko's core and keep the planet and surrounding areas temp in check since no one else besides Gorilla Grodd was burned, Feed Magneto power while simultaneously generating a SUSTAINED EM charge of such intensity that even the Zombie Celestial had to shield its eyes, all the while not showing the slightest hint of strain.

Dominant power is deemed to register, or reach, an undefinable upper limit.

That would be epic! Plus, one of her ancestors was an actual Sorcerer Supreme so that's even more of a potential tie-in.
    may I borrow this science explanation Im going to post a power feat highlight in a group. I dont want to take credit. does the forums have rules about sharing to other groups?

Question to all - Would Storm be able to study the weather patterns of other planets while not physically there? For example, would she be able to "see" the winds of Jupiter? Or even further out to like other solar systems and their planets?

I believe it's known that Storm only has to witnesses something once to be able to replicate it with her powers so I was curious if anyone knew exactly how far her range was while she was physically on a planet.

And to add a bit more seasoning - Do you think her Godhead abilities would enhance this perception? For example, if she has worshippers on one of the many Shi'Ar planets would she then be able to study the elements of that particular planet through the "eyes" of her people?
    this is where Id shoutout to Yost (Worlds apart) and
    how it would make sense that she can control a lightning strike drop in San Francisco from Wakanda -- Coates while taking down the aramada from one ship -- she can be not physically there but control the weather -- she can "see"....she also has been to space too in claremont days so pretty sure she just lived up to Xavier's claim of her limitations to embrace that godhood...and havent tinkered with planetary weather until Planet x-men that is

Why is no one talking about this? Mom served honorable deeds, Storm generated an insanely powerful electromagnetic pulse capable of making Uranus bleed, and the Celestial shielding his own eyes, all while serving as the life force for Magneto to stay alive. Ororo was recognized as the only force capable of touching Uranus, being the only one so far capable of making the Eternal bleed (much to the unhappiness of some).

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Why is no one talking about this? Mom served honorable deeds, Storm generated an insanely powerful electromagnetic pulse capable of making Uranus bleed, and the Celestial shielding his own eyes, all while serving as the life force for Magneto to stay alive. Ororo was recognized as the only force capable of touching Uranus, being the only one so far capable of making the Eternal bleed (much to the unhappiness of some).
    Because most people don't care about the Eternals.If you replaced Uranus with Thanos, it wouldn't be the same.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    lol my mind read that as Male Storm. lol
    Lmao I'm sorry to be "that guy" but this is where my brain goes.
    I would expect anyone to make that mistake. I did when I was trying to spell it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The reason I like Cyclotron.

A cyclotron accelerates charged particles outwards from the center of a flat cylindrical vacuum chamber along a spiral path.The particles are held to a spiral trajectory by a static magnetic field and accelerated by a rapidly varying electric field.
    It’s not too bad of a name. It just sounds like a Decepticon Name. Then again the more I say it, i can see it working.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 09-25-2022 at 03:06 AM.