Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
I mean strange's power and scarlet's powers come from e
Osthur and osthur's brother respectively the two most powerful elder gods with osthur now being more powerful seeing as she has transcended godhood itself. A high priestess is a conductor for spiritual forces and energies and when you look at it it makes sense each of the three high priestess has a patron god of some sort Agatha is the most powerful ambient magic user, Wanda has chthon ala cosmic satan and Storm has The Bright lady ala omnipotent osthur. I believe that each has the capacity to tap into their sources to a level or degree that other magic users cant even dream of and are inherently higher and stronger vessels for magical power. It could also be that due to osthur giving the women of ororo's line the title of high priestess for soo long these women have overtime developed or evolved to become literally divine themselves. Something that the scarlet witch and agatha do not inherently posses themselves. After all a single tear from osthur literally became a sentient being sorcerer supreme and was nigh omnipotent. So hey getting that power running through you for thousands of generations has got to change something in you fundamentally. Unfortunately we might or will not get a story line exploring this in a while because marvel seems more intent on exploring chthon not his sister.

Also one thing osthur is the grey goddess, yes she is benevolent but she isn't the goddess of goodness, she goddess of not only order the antithesis to chaos but also balance. She also governs justice and is the goddess of the skies and the dawn. Oh and the goddess of truth which I find interesting seeing as reality warping which is chaos magical most definitive ability twists and changes what already is that is the truth and imposes it's own.

A series focusing on osthur and her very deep relationship to storm's bloodline would be very interesting. But alas... though I am grateful we ate getting xmen red by al Ewing. He would do her justice the best way he can I believe it.
Ahhh, where is it stated Oshtur transcends godhood itself?
I would argue the Vishanti are more powerful than your single Elder God but Oshtur being more powerful than her other siblings is never stated.

Oshtur can certainly be grey, after all she is also not allowed to directly operate on Earth just like Chthon and Set. There is also the implication from Marvel Tarot that Hoggoth is an Old One, a kin of the likes of Shuma-Gorath. Yet Oshtur has him as company and part of the trinity.

Also Agatha doesn't have a significant patron god I can recall, she probably worship your average pagan gods but no one major.