Page 145 of 833 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol yes... so how do you like their relationship now? do you see them as friends?
    I was just rewatching the animated episodes of the Hellfire Club Inner Circle. Storm whooped that asss! On more than 1 occasion 😂
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Really nice. I am loving the skin tone and highlights. okay, now your going to make me color my next one. I will make sure kurt is in it. ^_^

Thank you. Okay then it's settled i'll finish this one and add kurt.

I'm not to use to coloring in sketchbook so it will be interesting. ^_^ Usually i use clip which is on my other pc but i find the brushes in Sketch feel very comfortable.
    Colour and light have been my obsession since I started using digital in late 2020. I use Procreate and an iPencil on my iPad.

I like the dynamism of your line work, and the way the figures relate to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    images of Storm like this give me everlasting life!!! The show of raw power and how everyone around looks on in shock and amazement! Yes GAWD!!!

https://www.polygon.com/22989921/mar...mutants-powers

A new article from the x writers sharing their thoughts on omega level mutants.

Lol. There is some subtle shade here about past writers of Storm and how they underutilized the character. Very glad Ewing is righting the ship with Storm and how a big focus of Red will be about her being pushed politically.
    Last edited by Saturius; 03-25-2022 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post

Lol. There is some subtle shade here about past writers of Storm and how they underutilized the character. Very glad Ewing is righting the ship with Storm and how a big focus of Red will be about her being pushed politically.
    My take aways.

Love that Ewing is challenging storm politically and magneto emotionally.

Laughed my a$$ of at Percy talking about character development and good writing is what matters. Quentin, domini, sage, beast, forge say hi.

Estatic duggan is holding on to synch for year two.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I was about to post the article but as I see you graciously beat me to it lol

Can we just pause and thank the goddesss that we got ewing for storm, because the man really gets her like damn.

Astonishing Member

Huh you know I'm actually excited to see the how Ewing writes the dynamic between Magneto and Storm while I don't think they'll be antagonistic towards each other their both two pretty strong personalities and I could see their personal ideologies clashing a bit somewhere down the line. Magneto's return back to his original costume/coloring seems to be a hint at that. The peace/serenity he felt represented by his white costume seems to have been shattered by Inferno. Plus and let's be honest here Mags has a god-complex lol

Astonishing Member

“I’ve challenged Storm politically, I’ve challenged Magneto emotionally, I’ve challenged Vulcan’s temper and his ego,” Duggan told Polygon. “These are things that have no real bearing on powers. Obviously, the superhero genre requires a little superpowered action, but in the Marvel Universe there’s always someone bigger.”
    This is a typo right? I think they meant to put Ewing because Duggan isn't in charge of writing those three at all lol

Anyways loving what I'm hearing from Ewing he seems really excited to dig his teeth into these 3 characters and I'm excited with him lol

I would LOVE a political Storm her being the Voice of Sol and Regent of Arrako means she's pretty much the official representation of mutantkind in the universe and that's ALOT of responsibility on an individual not to mention an entire society of WAR HUNGRY mutants that number in the MILLIONS and a QC equivalent that's filled with a bunch of Omega Level Mutants she has to navigate while also fending off sabotage efforts from Brand of all people who she still doesn't know is a double agent.

Our goddess is going to be pushed to the breaking point ya'll!
    Last edited by loke13; 03-25-2022 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    This is a typo right? I think they meant to put Ewing because Duggan isn't in charge of writing those three at all lol

Anyways loving what I'm hearing from Ewing he seems really excited to dig his teeth into these 3 characters and I'm excited with him lol I would LOVE a political Storm her being the Voice of Sol and Regent of Arrako means she's pretty much the official representation of mutantkind in the universe and that's ALOT of responsibility on an individual not to mention an entire society of WAR HUNGRY mutants that number in the MILLIONS and a QC equivalent that's filled with a bunch of Omega Level Mutants she has to navigate while also fending off sabotage efforts from Brand of all people who she still doesn't know is a double agent.

Yeah it definately is a typo. I love that they recognized that they were really underutilizing storm for sooo long, when she should have been vital to the plot the shade was really welcome and deserved.

I also love how they stressed that power level isn't really the be all end all of a story but due to the fact that it is a superhero story superheroics is a must.

I also loved seeing the different writers give their opinion on the omega title some see it as necessary aka Ewing and Hickman... others dont really care for it ala Duggan and william.... and lastly those who see it as unnecessary to a story ala Percy.

It puts into perspective because they each tell very different stories on different scales like ewing and hickman being universal/abstract and percy being street level inclined in his writing.

Also loved seeing this acknowledgement of the fact that on arakko you either show out or get tossed. That is not a place for the weak charachter or power wise.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

that wtiter of the article should have referenced xmen gold by Guggenheim and Aaron books following the divorce as opposed to those titles imho.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

that wtiter of the article should have referenced xmen gold by Guggenheim and Aaron books following the divorce as opposed to those titles imho.
    Oh god I got a shiver just remembering what they put Storm through in Gold yeah that definitely fit the "big plans" for Storm that just amounted to her getting (Beta Ray Bill's?) hammer to do exactly what she's always been able to do without it.

Well that's the sad part isn't it? They had a ton of an embarrassment of riches to choose from. Jesus. I am so READY for Red it hurts.

Oh god I got a shiver just remembering what they put Storm through in Gold yeah that definitely fit the "big plans" for Storm that just amounted to her getting (Beta Ray Bill's?) hammer to do exactly what she's always been able to do without it.

exactly the big plans were definitely well before the books referenced in the article came on to the scene.

Well that's the sad part isn't it? They had a ton of an embarrassment of riches to choose from. Jesus. I am so READY for Red it hurts.
    me too just a few more weeks!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I was about to post the article but as I see you graciously beat me to it lol

Can we just pause and thank the goddesss that we got ewing for storm, because the man really gets her like damn.
    he really does. when I read thst first issue if sword i was praying she would find her way to his pencil. praise the goddess thst prayer came true.

Anyways loving what I'm hearing from Ewing he seems really excited to dig his teeth into these 3 characters and I'm excited with him lol

I would LOVE a political Storm her being the Voice of Sol and Regent of Arrako means she's pretty much the official representation of mutantkind in the universe and that's ALOT of responsibility on an individual not to mention an entire society of WAR HUNGRY mutants that number in the MILLIONS and a QC equivalent that's filled with a bunch of Omega Level Mutants she has to navigate while also fending off sabotage efforts from Brand of all people who she still doesn't know is a double agent.

im ready to see her get to her breaking point and then go beyond it!!!