Page 7 of 833 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    People and characters in fiction can do a lot even if they have children. Check out Hawkeye on Disney Plus. He has three kids.
    That's all well and good for Hawkeye. You couldn't pay me to watch the show though, he's just not my type of character.

But yeah I'm aware characters can have children and do amazing things. Prime example is obviously Sue & Reed. My point is I'm not against Storm having a kid down the line (far down the line), but not now when we're just beginning to see her rise up again. Like I told Lady, that's what's bugging me the most about this lol. Like I have major faith in Hickman but unfortunately Hickman is not going to be on the X-men forever and all it takes is one half-assed writer to blow up the story.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

On the subject of Ororo not having family outside of the X-Men, what if instead of giving her a kid, the resurrection protocols resulted in bringing back a dead mutant cousin or relative she never knew about previously, letting her explore further family connections without her being their mother and them having strong associations with their own deceased parents and not seeking a surrogate, thus enabling them to form almost a sibling dynamic instead?

For example, I'm thinking of the original animated series (especially since it'll be coming back via X-Men '97 soon enough).....early on in the series, Storm was shown to have a kind of honorary nephew who was a speedster, he was the son of her best friend from her village, with them introduced in an episode featuring the Shadow King. I loved her dynamic with him when I watched it as a kid and he was an interesting character in his own right, and I can't think of any other black speedsters in Marvel. Mjnari was his name, I believe.....what do people think about doing something like that, giving her an already grown but still younger relative she can form any number of dynamics with and show around/teach about how the world has changed since he died, and at the same time learning from him more about familial connections Storm never even knew about previously?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I mean if you feel that strongly about their relationship why not make an appreciation thread for them so you never have to post in here again? As far as common ground goes you might want to take a peek into T'challa's appreciation thread and preach there. If we're "tasting dem sour grapes" then someone pissed in their coffee when it comes to Storm.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yo Joe, it's whatever with me. Idk about the rest of y'all but i'm a Storm and BP fan either together or separate, idk about you cuzzo but I got no problem with the relationship like some of yall bp and storm fans because for me if it works it works and leave at that. It's really not that serious, who cares what other catz think of them being together it is what it is and at the end of the day it all comes down to the writing. I'm just super sayin and leave at that jeef.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    On the subject of Ororo not having family outside of the X-Men, what if instead of giving her a kid, the resurrection protocols resulted in bringing back a dead mutant cousin or relative she never knew about previously, letting her explore further family connections without her being their mother and them having strong associations with their own deceased parents and not seeking a surrogate, thus enabling them to form almost a sibling dynamic instead?

For example, I'm thinking of the original animated series (especially since it'll be coming back via X-Men '97 soon enough).....early on in the series, Storm was shown to have a kind of honorary nephew who was a speedster, he was the son of her best friend from her village, with them introduced in an episode featuring the Shadow King. I loved her dynamic with him when I watched it as a kid and he was an interesting character in his own right, and I can't think of any other black speedsters in Marvel. Mjnari was his name, I believe.....what do people think about doing something like that, giving her an already grown but still younger relative she can form any number of dynamics with and show around/teach about how the world has changed since he died, and at the same time learning from him more about familial connections Storm never even knew about previously?
    Those are great ideas. Her speedster nephew would be a great addition.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Those are great ideas. Her speedster nephew would be a great addition.
    I agree, I enjoyed he and Storm's dynamic in TAS. What's he up to these days?

Throwback Tuesday

Y'all remember when storm did this?!

RCO019_1603337406.jpg
    RCO020_1603337406.jpg

One of the best moments ever showed just how versatile she really is and how brace even at the cost of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Throwback Tuesday

Y'all remember when storm did this?!

RCO019_1603337406.jpg
    RCO020_1603337406.jpg

One of the best moments ever showed just how versatile she really is and how brace even at the cost of her life.
    Still a great moment but it has been sort of tainted for me but it doesn't take away from what made it to print. Just the little things i notice now like how cliche it would have been if she fainted to pregnancy not because the techno virus was getting stronger as she used her powers. Thank Dauterman and the powers that be that Giant Size Jean/Emma was a silent issue in the end.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Still a great moment but it has been sort of tainted for me but it doesn't take away from what made it to print. Just the little things i notice now like how cliche it would have been if she fainted to pregnancy not because the techno virus was getting stronger as she used her powers. Thank Dauterman and the powers that be that Giant Size Jean/Emma was a silent issue in the end.
    Yes it is, sad that storm isn't getting a child yet but happy that she had this wonderful moment. The detail too was exquisite this issue with some of the best art work in comics ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Oh no I didn't miss that part at all. It's the fact that it was an idea in the first place is what's most annoying to me. That in what is probably the most prominent time the X-Men have ever been in that it seemed like a good idea to throw a random kid in the mix. As for winning, of course that always feel nice. But this debate you're talking about I have no clue. There is no debate because thankfully this dreadful idea never came to pass.

As for Major X, he can sit at the same table with Storm's other AU daughter Kymeria or however you spell it. As we both seem to agree that he shouldn't be anywhere near Storm's current standing.
    Just to be clear I am a BP - Storm fan pairing this has come up to my wishlist --- again we agree currently its too early but if they revisit this Im good -- I do go there and see what you mean when BP fans could be toxic as hell (just looking at MCU topic is draining) but this unpopular topic (of her legitimately having a child with Tchalla) has been on my radar -- and wanted it -- they can be blessed with a child -- out of that love -- and it can have the potential to be good (minus that raised on the world part) and intentionally the "key" to the Krakoan - Wakanda peace -- or at least just the satisfaction that compared to Major X, we know it was consented, there were leads to this in BP and that the child was meant to lead either kingdoms -- Rob did it dirty by technically making her a mother without her consent Kymera is the same concept -- she is a woman character after all -- that is a question of basic reproduction topic some neutral fans post a question how far off is the Krakoan resu has taken from the norm of natural bearing women -- and im surprised that some people here thinks having a child would be dramatic -- pregnancy is an adventure for women ummm thats not always the case -- but if marvel can accept the weird wanda vision child bearing thing -- of course we want to see Storm, not throw babies (again thats the bad part of hickmans' plan) ala Mystique or Madelyne -- and actually mother her own child with Tchalla -- instead of her being paired and teased to take care of children we are unsure where they came from...mothering a prince / princess would have been new and perhaps really daunting for marvel to handle -- again

Anyways ive cried a lot about this like a dream crashing before my eyes already again congratulations to the ones who got this wish -- right now we can enjoy the regent of sol -- but Id still want her to have an heir -- not with one night stands, not out of time travel but a legit 616 first born...tchalla is my preferred father coz obviously I see the love there...more than what everyone else tries to project as toxicity

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yes it is, sad that storm isn't getting a child yet but happy that she had this wonderful moment. The detail too was exquisite this issue with some of the best art work in comics ever!
    could not agree more. It was beautifully drawn and executed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

If i take everything else out of the equation and if i supported storm BP 1000% it is still a bad look for marvel to have what would be their premiere black couple, the ones that some fans of the couple like to hold up as an example having a baby out of wedlock and would have been playing into so many stereotypes it's not even funny. And that's not even touching on how fast either Tchalla and or Storm would have lost their hard earn prominence to a brand new character that wasn't even raised on screen thereby consolidating their importance and the importance of their individual kingdoms and culture into one corner.

And low and behold throw that in around the we can't recast BP before we let enough time pass to make money off the funeral and it just looks bad all around imho trying to be unbias.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-04-2022 at 07:32 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

I hate the fact that people choose to not acknowledge Storm family.
    Her Uncle Shanti who wants her dead and want to keep her out of political ,royal and tribal power.

Her living Grandmother who is still head of the tribe who could be teaching her Magic or how to control her ruby.

Her grandparents on her father side are alive and kicking. I was hoping to see them in the CREW. Or go to the same church as aunt May. Maybe we can see them in her solo when she has a Manhattan apartment.

She also has a cousin who is named after her father, David.
    He could be 616 Spike, Mijnari or some new mutant establishing his own character.

So much untap and untouched , and they almost gave her child are you serious.

Well with Sinister around who knows lol she may end up being mother to a line of Chimera.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Her Uncle Shanti who wants her dead and want to keep her out of political ,royal and tribal power.

Her living Grandmother who is still head of the tribe who could be teaching her Magic or how to control her ruby.

Her grandparents on her father side are alive and kicking. I was hoping to see them in the CREW. Or go to the same church as aunt May. Maybe we can see them in her solo when she has a Manhattan apartment.

He could be 616 Spike, Mijnari or some new mutant establishing his own character.

This all day. I've been wanting to see her family again for a long time. Especially after seeing her grandparents kicking ass. If Marvel wants her to be a motherly figure to someone her little cousin is RIGHT THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

*nods to all of this*
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.