Page 664 of 833 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668674714764 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 12488
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    That's not true she had no problem controlling Shamans magical storm and channeling it through her body for hours. But go on.
    your conclusion is inaccurate again. yes the shaman created a storm magicialy but its essence once made was that of a regular storm. it wasn't a sentient storm or anything that operated unnaturally. so she should have and was able to control it as she would any naturally occurring storm.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I know this wasn't meant for me but since I said I agree with the person you're replying to I feel I should elaborate... I don't think in the instance of a "Whole" Vulcan, Storm's magical lighting would make a difference in this particular fight. And to be honest we only have one high end Goddess feat vs several planetary feats, a dimensional one and idk what the galactic core feat was probably beyond planetary.

Well keep in mind the magical/divine blast she used against adversary was effective because natural means of attacking him won't work. Which is why Roma use of magic and the spirit spell was the only way the xmen were initially able fo bear him. Im not sure if a divine blast would hurt Vulcan but I would argue she wouldn't need to even go that route as Vulcan even fully powered is still just a human.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Me as a new comic book reader, I say Coates Storm is the best Storm lol…. I ain’t letting it go. Claremont to me is boring and knowing Disney nobody getting the storm they like. It will be Disneyland vibes all day long….. I never like storm leaving with Charles, running/babysitting kids lol…. Idk black panther comics showed me a different/better storm one with a background I guess. Anyways it really doesn’t matter there is a version of storm for everyone.
    Coates storm was that girl that truly was giving black girl magic. She fought for those overlooked in Harlem and people displaced due to gentrification, she tackled both mutant and human issues by fighting to protect both groups against those looking to harm them, she finally accepted her gift of godhead and used said abilities to nearly destroy and ultimately banish a universal threat looking to destroy the world. I mean it doesn't get better than this. What I truly value about Coates storm which puts her ahead of Claremont for me is that not only did he have embrace her gift of godhead but she was unapologetically black. We've never seen this prior to Coates. That said we would not have this version of storm has Claremont never pinned her but I believe Coates took her to the level that I as a fan have always wanted to see. Now if a writer comes along and can capture both elements of Claremont and Coates this fan would be over the moon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So im re-reading X-Treme X-men since its my comic form of comfort food and I'm wondering if Storm would still suffer from stuff like this or would she be like Thor in a sense and be able to generate the material she needed from "nothing"?

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Coates storm was that girl that truly was giving black girl magic. She fought for those overlooked in Harlem and people displaced due to gentrification, she tackled both mutant and human issues by fighting to protect both groups against those looking to harm them, she finally accepted her gift of godhead and used said abilities to nearly destroy and ultimately banish a universal threat looking to destroy the world. I mean it doesn't get better than this. What I truly value about Coates storm which puts her ahead of Claremont for me is that not only did he have embrace her gift of godhead but she was unapologetically black. We've never seen this prior to Coates. That said we would not have this version of storm has Claremont never pinned her but I believe Coates took her to the level that I as a fan have always wanted to see. Now if a writer comes along and can capture both elements of Claremont and Coates this fan would be over the moon.

All of this The fact that storm is black is missing within the X-men…. yes we see her skin is black, but her stories are don’t have any soul in it lol…. Coast gave us the black storm and I love it. Al Ewing giving water down hot sauce lol but I’ll take what I can get.

Mighty Member

your conclusion is inaccurate again. yes the shaman created a storm magicialy but its essence once made was that of a regular storm. it wasn't a sentient storm or anything that operated unnaturally. so she should have and was able to control it as she would any naturally occurring storm.
    That's your conclusion that you are trying to supplant mine. Storm took control after a short battle over a magically induced storm, it's essence was magical that he lost control of. It grew to a hemisphere sized storm using natural resources but it's origin was always magical. But you right about one thing, it wasn't sentient.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    All of this The fact that storm is black is missing within the X-men…. yes we see her skin is black, but her stories are don’t have any soul in it lol…. Coast gave us the black storm and I love it. Al Ewing giving water down hot sauce lol but I’ll take what I can get.
    and thats on periodt...

That's your conclusion that you are trying to supplant mine. Storm took control after a short battle over a magically induced storm, it's essence was magical that he lost control of. It grew to a hemisphere sized storm using natural resources but it's origin was always magical. But you right about one thing, it wasn't sentient.
    once created the storm functioned as performed as any naturally occurring storm would sp her going able to control it falls within her powerset to do. it wasn't unnatural in that sense such as the storm she tried to control in willow xmen run on the storm she tried to control in Coates black panther. both were unnatural and/sentient deviating from how natural storms behave.

Mighty Member

and thats on periodt...

once created the storm functioned as performed as any naturally occurring storm would sp her going able to control it falls within her powerset to do. it wasn't unnatural in that sense such as the storm she tried to control in willow xmen run on the storm she tried to control in Coates black panther. both were unnatural and/sentient deviating from how natural storms behave.
    No it didn't that's why storm spent hours killing it. It performed abnormally.

No it didn't that's why storm spent hours killing it. It performed abnormally.
    no it took that long because of how massive it was.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-13-2022 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    A white man lusting after his own student who was a minor no less. God I just remembered that ien time Xavier started lusting after storm too... YUCK!
    Ew lol. The writers then needed to do better

When did Xavier started lusting after Storm?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    From the moment he saw her. Like every mortal soul.

Although I'm not sure if the poster is referring to Jean or Storm considering it's Xavier it could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    A white man lusting after his own student who was a minor no less. God I just remembered that ien time Xavier started lusting after storm too... YUCK!
    you have a great memory!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So im re-reading X-Treme X-men since its my comic form of comfort food and I'm wondering if Storm would still suffer from stuff like this or would she be like Thor in a sense and be able to generate the material she needed from "nothing"?

I would think even as an omega level mutant she would still have some constraints and wouldn't be able to produce weather effects from nothing. we saw this recently from red when she needed sobunar to unleash an ocean so that she could create a monsoon against uranos death machines.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-13-2022 at 11:38 PM.

I dont know I think that will be different now that she is written as an omega. Maybe not advesary because only specific things can affect him like iron or mystical energy. But with the anansi sentient storms, yeah she should hundred percent be able to control them now. The thing is omega from what we have seen from the others literally means no upper limit. If you can beleive it you can achieve it. storm herself even said you can perform miracles as an omega and dispelling sentient magical storms would be miracles. The question now is how far does her weather warping abilities go? How powerful is she really. We have seen glimpses in the past the galactic core, the trion dimension among others but those weren't written with her as an omega. So now that she is, how powerful is her elemental abilities, the question has been answered for many. Bobby without holding back can freeze reality down to the quantum level, But storm and a few others hevent been seen there yet. It's crazy to think about because the question now is can storm control/create or affect a storm like the God tempest or the black winter. Part of me believes she can she is the omega weather manipulator, but part of me knows she cant because reasons. Does a lack of resource affect her anymore? Idk first she couldnt manipulate the atmosphere of a ship due to how low it was. But then with thor showing her the way she easily creates an atmosphere for an entire planet and a miniature self sustaining sun with little to no ease. And in the artificial dimesion the world she created wind by seizing hold of tiny machines and using them as components for wind. So hey, like they say the sky might be the limit Idk.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So.... acknowledging a woman's feminity and beauty is "lusting" now? Damn! Then I clearly must not be gay. Because I notice women's beauty every day.
    To be clear he's not saying he wants to suddenly jump her bones but just acknowledging that for the first time he seeing the woman behind the cool, reserved, tightly controlled "Goddess" facade. That's all. At this time he was also very much in Love with Lilandra so...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-14-2022 at 09:03 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    He's NEVER lusted after Storm. He thinks she's Attractive. But never has he lusted after her.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    From the moment he saw her. Like every mortal soul.

Although I'm not sure if the poster is referring to Jean or Storm considering it's Xavier it could go either way.
    It was Jean, not Storm.

you have a great memory!!
    NO, bad memory. That is NOT correct. Charles is not Lusting after Storm in that Panel.