Page 431 of 833 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 12488
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm not taking a life wasn't a thing since Claremont even though some writers unfortunately like to vrevisit this when it regards Storm. Storm's perspective on taking a life all changed as a result as her them away from earth during brood saga. She was "rejected" by the earth and the elements upon her return which resulted in her powers displaying in an erratic manner. This would lead her to a more ruthless perspective which we saw when she killed Callisto.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    In the beginning Storm held that vow that she made as a child. But her time in the X-Men has made her more mature and only kills when necessary.
    It's usually her absolute last resort.

But I wouldn't shed no tears if Storm was more like her ancestors.

"Leave this village or be struck dead!"
    It's too bad there few if any printed stories about Ororo's Kenyan ancestors in Africa.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-21-2022 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    So far all she's done is vote and doing fireworks with Magneto.It seems KG won't write Storm's POV until Ewing reveals his major plans for Storm.

Attachment 122025

So it's possible #11 will be Storm's POV
    Wait why do you think issue 11 is storm. I just saw something for the new imx issue "the storm system"but waiting for more info to determine what it means. It seems to be an end of mutant destiny. One if irene's destiny's paths. Doubt it means storm but with ewing you never know.
    20220621_203531.jpg
    Last edited by Reigna; 06-21-2022 at 01:37 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Wait why do you think issue 11 is storm. I just saw something for the new imx issue "the storm system"but waiting for more info to determine what it means. It seems to be an end of mutant destiny. One if irene's destiny's paths. Doubt it means storm but with ewing you never know.
    20220621_203531.jpg
    I will go ahead and take that burden from you and say “Storm System” is exactly them referring to Storm. Lol That’s my Prediction I called it. If I’m wrong ok Fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I will go ahead and take that burden from you and say “Storm System” is exactly them referring to Storm. Lol That’s my Prediction I called it. If I’m wrong ok Fine.
    If that's the case... BRING IT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    In the beginning Storm held that vow that she made as a child. But her time in the X-Men has made her more mature and only kills when necessary.
    It's usually her absolute last resort.

But I wouldn't shed no tears if Storm was more like her ancestors.

"Leave this village or be struck dead!"
    This is how I see Storm and it's something modern writers seem to always want to ignore. They really want Storm to be too pacifist when a large chunk of her writing history just does not support that. Storm being reluctant or whining about having to kill officially ended during her punk phase in the 80s and Claremont himself from then on was very consistent on her view on killing.

It's not something she enjoys(she ain't Wolverine) but if it has to be done she will do it and she isn't going to cry and mope about it afterwards. But then you had people like Gillen and Fraction just really regress the character on her attitudes towards killing. She sounded ridiculous during their runs going on and on about not wanting to kill and abhoring violence.

And quite frankly I really didn't and do not like what I am seeing from Ewing on Storm's views on killing either. I didn't like that she was reluctant to kill Nameless in the previous issue, and her statement that killing Tarn would have lessened her elicited eye rolls from me. It again feels like a backslide of the character. It's OK to have her be fine with killing. Again, it's not like she has a Wolverine attitude about it. I wish writers would stop watering her down and ignoring continuity. I know that's an impossible ask but it is still annoying as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    If that's the case... BRING IT ON!
    LOL Right. *Robot Voice* You have now entered the "Storm System".....

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    This is how I see Storm and it's something modern writers seem to always want to ignore. They really want Storm to be too pacifist when a large chunk of her writing history just does not support that. Storm being reluctant or whining about having to kill officially ended during her punk phase in the 80s and Claremont himself from then on was very consistent on her view on killing.

It's not something she enjoys(she ain't Wolverine) but if it has to be done she will do it and she isn't going to cry and mope about it afterwards. But then you had people like Gillen and Fraction just really regress the character on her attitudes towards killing. She sounded ridiculous during their runs going on and on about not wanting to kill and abhoring violence.

And quite frankly I really didn't and do not like what I am seeing from Ewing on Storm's views on killing either. I didn't like that she was reluctant to kill Nameless in the previous issue, and her statement that killing Tarn would have lessened her elicited eye rolls from me. It again feels like a backslide of the character. It's OK to have her be fine with killing. Again, it's not like she has a Wolverine attitude about it. I wish writers would stop watering her down and ignoring continuity. I know that's an impossible ask but it is still annoying as hell!
    Oucheth....that is a Good Point there.

exactly... she doesn't prefer killing but if she has to she wouldn't abstain from doing so.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yeah cause I saw some one say it was sinister future? ND I am confused like how do you say the storm system then not have it refer to your most famous female hero who is also called storm. Why sinister is storm now tooo? Also storm had a whole ass poster in destiny of x and Ewing says there are things he is going to do with her and arakko that will reverberate across the entire x line.

would be nice if that is in reference to storm and perhaps it is considering she is the regent of sol.

sidebar was it ever explained anywhere why storm was chosen as Regent?

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yeah cause I saw some one say it was sinister future? ND I am confused like how do you say the storm system then not have it refer to your most famous female hero who is also called storm. Why sinister is storm now tooo? Also storm had a whole ass poster in destiny of x and Ewing says there are things he is going to do with her and arakko that will reverberate across the entire x line.
    After Judgement Day I think she's going to be VERY Strong Arm. Arakko is definitely going to change her.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I read that page as being names for possible future timelines, based on big events or status quos present in those futures, as Destiny saw them. So The Empire of the Red Diamond, for instance, I would wager is Destiny's way of referencing a future in which Sinister reins supreme and builds his own empire, using clones of various mutants under his control, like also popped up in the big prophecy image Destiny sees elsewhere in this issue. Judgment Day is her reference to the future she sees with the Eternals and likely the Celestials. She sees three different futures where a Nimrod Extinction Event takes place, basically Nimrod wiping out mutants, The Expanse seems to refer to something else detailed in another of her visions, where she sees a distant mutant church empire spearheaded by Exodus, A New Krakoa likely refers to a Krakoan nation that is either reborn after a cataclysm or dissolution (another of her visions seems to be named The Krakoan Dissolution) or perhaps its her way of referencing a Krakoan nation in the aftermath of a social revolution on the isle that changes the seat of power from the Quiet Council to someone else.

In light of all that, my personal guess is that The Storm System is meant to refer to a possible future Destiny sees in which Storm's position as Regent of Arakko expands until she's not just the Voice of Sol but the whole Sol System is considered 'hers' and she's the singular central authority figure of the entirety of Sol System civilizations there, much like Sinister presumably is for The Empire of the Red Diamond, etc.

Course, that still begs the question whether that's a possible future Gillen or Ewing or anyone else actually intends to FOCUS on and show in depth, either as a possibility or something being built towards, or whether its just a cool sounding name for a possible future era, that Gillen just threw out there to pad out those pages. I don't actually expect that every possible future named in those two pages is one we'll actually see explored to any real degree. We're sure to see some of them explored, but more than a few of those named eras are likely just interesting sounding throwaways.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    would be nice if that is in reference to storm and perhaps it is considering she is the regent of sol.

sidebar was it ever explained anywhere why storm was chosen as Regent?
    Nope. We are still waiting. Very annoyed about this, too. At this point I am beginning to wonder if they even want or intend to.
    Last edited by Saturius; 06-21-2022 at 06:53 PM.

Nope. We are still waiting. Very annoyed about this, too. At this point I am beginning to wonder if they even want or intend to.
    this is a huge gap for me in the story. I love what Ewing is doing for Ororo but I really would like to understand why Ororo ended up with this position considering the vast amount of characters out there.