Page 408 of 833 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I guess Ewing thinks the goddess box is too small for Storm.
    Also yes to this. while storm may benefit from being a god. no disease etc, certain small things, a gods power output is limited to the faith inputed where as omegas have no upper limit in their specific field. so even if Storm was a strict god of the Storm her omega level ability to manipulate the natural energies that govern weather would actually give her a greater amount of raw power. Such as she may not have been able to do the trion feat as a regular god of storm and instead it would have just been "Weather as we know it" rather than as it universally exists and how it can exists in all potential forms across all realities and dimensions given the natural energy source.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think it is but not direct canon but i remember the last time the writer of one of these said it was in canon or at least written like it was. The only thing that really stopped me from getting it is the price. Not into fornite so could care less about the code.
    Then I guess somehow Storm's avenger status still works.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Also yes to this. while storm may benefit from being a god. no disease etc, certain small things, a gods power output is limited to the faith inputed where as omegas have no upper limit in their specific field. so even if Storm was a strict god of the Storm her omega level ability to manipulate the natural energies that govern weather would actually give her a greater amount of raw power. Such as she may not have been able to do the trion feat as a regular god of storm and instead it would have just been "Weather as we know it" rather than as it universally exists and how it can exists in all potential forms across all realities and dimensions given the natural energy source.
    On the other hand, queen and Goddess are just a few of Storm's titles for me. Some may be more valuable than others,but Ororo Munroe is bigger than all that
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Probably doesn't really count since it was technically an AU Storm and isn't direct emotion manipulation but Storm, according to Dr. Nemesis, can use rainclouds to stir up positive ions which raise 'irritability' in sensitive people and when the rain falls it causes euphoria.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I can't find anything, so I'm guessing probably not.
    I see. Thanks.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Probably doesn't really count since it was technically an AU Storm and isn't direct emotion manipulation but Storm, according to Dr. Nemesis, can use rainclouds to stir up positive ions which raise 'irritability' in sensitive people and when the rain falls it causes euphoria.
    Given the way Storm's brain is said to generate unique kinds of static of telepathic 'chaff' where the electrical fields of her synaptic activity interfere with psychics trying to probe her mind....I've always been very curious if she could somehow intentionally mimic this effect within an atmosphere....manipulating an atmosphere's electrical fields in such a way as to disrupt all psychic activity that occurs within a given area, or renders it hard to use telepathy within a certain 'zone.'

On the other hand, queen and Goddess are just a few of Storm's titles for me. Some may be more valuable than others,but Ororo Munroe is bigger than all that
    In some ways yes, but in a lot of ways i would say no. We know storm but we don't really know ororo munroe. She started as a goddess and then became storm and we were filled in she was a theif etc, the legacy of who exactly ororo munroe is has never been filled in fully. I would like to know what makes ororo munroe bigger than all that though. Hopefully one day we will get her legacy and some of the blanks filled in. Like the apoc potrait of her on the wall of her destiny with worshipers, what was her father up to as a photo jounralist, i wouldn't even mind delving deeper into her uncle and exactly why he went out of his way to prevent Ororo destiny. But i do love that Arrako is seemingly becoming her tribe and they know her as Ororo. It always makes me smile knowing people automatically call her Beauty when they say her name.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-08-2022 at 06:14 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Given the way Storm's brain is said to generate unique kinds of static of telepathic 'chaff' where the electrical fields of her synaptic activity interfere with psychics trying to probe her mind....I've always been very curious if she could somehow intentionally mimic this effect within an atmosphere....manipulating an atmosphere's electrical fields in such a way as to disrupt all psychic activity that occurs within a given area, or renders it hard to use telepathy within a certain 'zone.'
    She did that in Age of Xman when her and magneto were in the air talking after the flashes of memories. Or rather she did something similar and nate was trying to get through but there was a lot of static.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Well I believe she kinda did something like that against Rachel when she turned herself into a dino. But she managed to get in Storm's head after she got closer unless I'm misremembering.

She did that in Age of Xman when her and magneto were in the air talking after the flashes of memories. Or rather she did something similar and nate was trying to get through but there was a lot of static.
    The feedback was apparently quite painful for that moment.

Astonishing Member

Ahh, I missed that. I skipped most of the Age of X-Man as I read like the first issue and was like mmm nope, gonna choose to love myself instead. (The whole premise gave me very skeevy vibes, that were born out by what I read review-wise of most minis like X-Tremists, etc).
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 06-08-2022 at 07:26 PM.

Ahh, I missed that. I skipped most of the Age of X-Man as I read like the first issue and was like mmm nope, gonna choose to love myself instead. (The whole premise gave me very skeevy vibes, that were born out by what I read review-wise of most minis like X-Tremists, etc).
    lol i actually didn't enjoy the main event but i did enjoy the x-tremists, thought the blob/betsy flirting was actually done very well and Prisoner X was a real highlight. The main event was not so good though, i think i only got like two or three issues in it total. I actually ended up going back and getting the Prinsoner X tpb too. Vita writes a good Polaris and Bishop.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Based on the list, she would be able to operate independently of worshipers given the amount we have seen worship her, not accounting for her many names in space as well. Which surprisingly this list makes so many things make sense. Like one could say and im going with this since red and legion seem very much connected in building arrako that when storm was a Kenyan goddess only her powers worked in the vicinity of her worshipers but after the wakanda ascension she would be able to work more independently and no longer directly needs worshipers as she exists in minds. And that's not even touching on her being known in minds as the hero Storm. i find the data page put a lot of stuff in a neat place if explored. lol
    I definitely feel like this fills in the regarding worship, the necessity of it or not. as you mentioned since we've seen her godhead activate with seemingly no worshippers (ie in shuris book) i would think she gets her power from a secondary input as well. I can't help but think we are getting this to one day explore storms godhead or at least I hope so. I mean she did tell legion x before she zapped him she was goddess longer than he existed pretty much lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I think we do a major disservice to ororo as a character when we try to separate all that makes her great. she a human, she is a mutant, she is a being with innate magical abilities and yes she is a goddess. that said if we are to discuss limitations we have seen some as it it relates to her mutant abilities. to date her mutant powers do not allow her to manipulate weather created from deities/demons as we saw in in Ta-Nehisi Coates bp. additionally as strong as she is beings from that are gods such as the one she fought in xmen gold and even adversary in the original uncanny xmen, her mutant powers were ineffective as they are naturally based. so her gift of godhead gives her access to power her mutant abilities cannot. moreover I would argue her godhesd ability allows her to access a different toolbox alongside the one she uses as a mutant. its not as a god she only has these abilities and as a mutant she has only another set of abilities. if anything those mutant abilities are boosted or enhanced.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm somehow appears in the Avengers base.Now it seems she can show up anywhere at random.
    Attachment 121668
    That is the wolverine treatment.