Page 409 of 833 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also yes to this. while storm may benefit from being a god. no disease etc, certain small things, a gods power output is limited to the faith inputed where as omegas have no upper limit in their specific field. so even if Storm was a strict god of the Storm her omega level ability to manipulate the natural energies that govern weather would actually give her a greater amount of raw power. Such as she may not have been able to do the trion feat as a regular god of storm and instead it would have just been "Weather as we know it" rather than as it universally exists and how it can exists in all potential forms across all realities and dimensions given the natural energy source.
    I think stormborn is right. I think to ewing even the box of what a god is, is too small for storm. I noticed something when doing my monthly re-reading of the sword issue #8 and I think I noticed something about where storm now stands as a charchter.
    Attachment 121671

Notice how only storm has the word ALL as a prefix. Lactuca is Above us, sobunar is below us... but only storm is ALL-Around us. she is the center of it all the heavens the deep in war in peace in victory in loss she is the heart of the culture she is the "Eye of the Storm". this transcends even the concept of gods as the regent is the primal source of Arakko soceity itself. Like Ewing rightly put it she is the mother. And its symbolic of her role in the terraforming of mars, all the omegas contributed something storm was the only one to take it all to create the very climate of the world, mind you the climate has five components the atmosphere, the lithosphere, the hydro sphere, the cryosphere and the biosphere. All these parts along with gravity, the sun, the rotation of the planet, magnetic field...etc. all these come together to create the very climate of an entire planet. To mold the climate of an entire world and let it be sustaining one has to literally control all these factors it is the daunting and unimaginably huge feat considering even thor with reinforce couldn't even do it. Hence when isca says that this is her planet she is technically not wrong.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I guess Ewing thinks the goddess box is too small for Storm.
    And I would agree.
    The way Coates went about "confirming" it still rankles me (it was very limiting...as Fungus Head seems to corroborate) and as proven time and again throughout Marvel History being an actual God clearly isn't "All That".

Her power while "god-like" far surpasses that of your average Marvel God. And while the descriptor comes close to defining her and her powers it still falls short in my eyes, and the eyes of the Arakii, apparently, who clearly don't put much stock in Gods of any kind.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

1.jpg2.jpg

I just feel funny about it.
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 06-09-2022 at 10:53 AM.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Like I posted in the thread:

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

They'll even come up with a comic about it
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I just keep remembering Logans entire life flashed before his eyes before he died and ororo didn't pop up once. storm wasn't his love, she was his play thing.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-09-2022 at 01:34 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I just keep remembering Logans entire life flsshrf before his eyes before he died and ororo didn't pop up once. storm wasn't his love, she was his play thing.
    I've always maintained for the integrity of both characters, they were friends with benefits and nothing more. Their relationship is rooted in friendship and there's always been an attraction to each other. They decided to cross that line, and had some sexy fun with each other. It was not a love-of-each-others- lives type of situation. That's the only way it worked at the time they were sleeping together.

I just keep remembering Logans entire life flsshrf before his eyes before he died and ororo didn't pop up once. storm wasn't his love, she was his play thing.
    I think they said goodbye before he died, and perhaps the whole relationship was just a diversion to each other.

But see the thing is that didn't rally bug me because I've never seen them as an actual relationship. They were both just in it for the sex. It's that cut and dry imo.

Given where she stands now I'd rather her just be single. Maybe pop back to Krakoa for he odd booty call with Forge or Logan and be done with it.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

But see the thing is that didn't rally bug me because I've never seen them as an actual relationship. They were both just in it for the sex. It's that cut and dry imo.

Given where she stands now I'd rather her just be single. Maybe pop back to Krakoa for he odd booty call with Forge or Logan and be done with it.
    Let Forge regret it for the rest of his life

1.jpg2.jpg

I just feel funny about it.
    Oh EWWWWWWW

I am confused there are many many many mutant stories to tell. Wasnt x death and x lives a stealth romance comic series? Or I was tripping when I saw those pages also why storm in it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I've always maintained for the integrity of both characters, they were friends with benefits and nothing more. Their relationship is rooted in friendship and there's always been an attraction to each other. They decided to cross that line, and had some sexy fun with each other. It was not a love-of-each-others- lives type of situation. That's the only way it worked at the time they were sleeping together.

I think they said goodbye before he died, and perhaps the whole relationship was just a diversion to each other.
    I agree with all these points. I personally found the pairing off-putting as a fan but if ororo wanted to get her rocks off fine but the time in the world meant to show how romantically they meant to each seemed really forced, as well as her response to his death. it just came across one-sided especially when he didn't think of her once before he died. I hope that kiss is just a cover and ororo is not tied to that mess in any way.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Yupp. FWB...really good benefits, but nothing more.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I hope Storm and Wolverine just stay platonic friends going forward.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!