Page 462 of 833 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my thoughts are this if the BP offices want to write their premiere character as trash who can't trust his sister (let alone ororo) then it is what it is. Ewing is at least showing them interact as adults and not the mess we saw in that bp issue.

but I wish we could go back to this:

Ewing really is doing the best with what he is given. The entire storm book issue from #6 is a mess through and through. Telling her that she is seccond fiddle to a man? Really? Sure.

Incredible Member

my thoughts are this if the BP offices want to write their premiere character as trash who can't trust his sister (let alone ororo) then it is what it is. Ewing is at least showing them interact as adults and not the mess we saw in that bp issue.

That was a huge mess. Lol but that Jhai issue I guess is squashed because this has to be after that whole issue.. lol idk got to wait to read the rest.

but I wish we could go back to this:

In due time, everyone got an ego problem right now lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Ewing really is doing the best with what he is given. The entire storm book issue from #6 is a mess through and through. Telling her that she is seccond fiddle to a man? Really? Sure.

That part

He clear that up a little it. She said she still love him so they’re just complicated

So I saw an interaction between ororo and tachala in this week's x-men red and I gotta say yall tchororo stans should brace yourself.
    I enjoyed every moment of Storm checking BP and the galactic heifers... still coming to terms with the art though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I enjoyed every moment of Storm checking BP and the galactic heifers... still coming to terms with the art though.
    I cackled at the bit where Ororo checks Orbis Stellaris. Its about damn TIME a mutant said to someone else "why the fuck would we need ANY of your permission to use our own powers to resurrect our own people?" And I'm just glad it was Storm.

Like, its one thing for there to be disagreement on using the protocols AMONG mutants, like differences of opinion on them between the Krakoans and the Arakkii, born of cultural differences. But the way everyone ELSE in the Marvel Universe keeps acting like they should have a say in this? Its like, sit the fuck down, the rest of you. You don't get a vote here.

(And I mean obviously I understand WHY other nations and political powers would hate that mutants have this capability and want it to stop, but like, at least the Eternals aren't pretending their opinions should sway whether mutants use resurrection or not and are going to fucking war to try and put a stop to it. Everyone else though, getting all high and mighty and being like 'you should not resurrect your people even though you totally can, based on the fact that we don't like it and we say stop' its like lol, okay, you sound so dumb right now.')

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I cackled at the bit where Ororo checks Orbis Stellaris. Its about damn TIME a mutant said to someone else "why the fuck would we need ANY of your permission to use our own powers to resurrect our own people?" And I'm just glad it was Storm.

Like, its one thing for there to be disagreement on using the protocols AMONG mutants, like differences of opinion on them between the Krakoans and the Arakkii, born of cultural differences. But the way everyone ELSE in the Marvel Universe keeps acting like they should have a say in this? Its like, sit the fuck down, the rest of you. You don't get a vote here.

(And I mean obviously I understand WHY other nations and political powers would hate that mutants have this capability and want it to stop, but like, at least the Eternals aren't pretending their opinions should sway whether mutants use resurrection or not and are going to fucking war to try and put a stop to it. Everyone else though, getting all high and mighty and being like 'you should not resurrect your people even though you totally can, based on the fact that we don't like it and we say stop' its like lol, okay, you sound so dumb right now.')
    ooohh this sounds good. and i agree with your last point. At the very least the eternals are going to put up or shut up (whether i agree with it or not. my biggest point of contention though remains the amount of power to direct the story in one hand especially one that for me is basically a continuation or next step of the eternal story as there have been no hints of them on the xmen radar so far, even in imx) and aren't "but what about us."
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-28-2022 at 06:55 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    ooohh this sounds good. and i agree with your last point. At the very least the eternals are going to put up or shut up (whether i agree with it or not. my biggest point of contention though remains the amount of power to direct the story in one hand especially one that for me is basically a continuation or next step of the eternal story as there have been no hints of them on the xmen radar so far, even in imx) and aren't "but what about us."
    I keep waiting for somebody to point out in story, that if human scientists had invented a resurrection process....how far down the list of 'people that get to use this process' would mutants have been? Considering the amount of resources that have been extended mutantkind's way during the Legacy Virus, after Genosha, after M-Day, etc. Hmm.....

I keep waiting for somebody to point out in story, that if human scientists had invented a resurrection process....how far down the list of 'people that get to use this process' would mutants have been? Considering the amount of resources that have been extended mutantkind's way during the Legacy Virus, after Genosha, after M-Day, etc. Hmm.....
    mutants would not even be in the queue. Heck humans known to have given birth to mutants like Ma Guthrie would definitely not make the list. lol

And i think that's the point people miss when they say why should other books deal with this or that. You mean cap or carol or thor in all of their human saving adventures never come across a lone mutant that needs help or maybe one of their human supporting cast brings one in for help. That's the point i mean when i talk about other books not showing up. Why is a human showing up to ask for help from Carol any different than a mutant showing up in her book for help or any other hero. Wouldn't that even help promote the idea or the reasoning some mutants would choose to stay in certain countries. But it's like some want us to just fabricate those situations or assume they happen. Maybe i think too much sometimes.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-28-2022 at 07:21 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

(And I mean obviously I understand WHY other nations and political powers would hate that mutants have this capability and want it to stop, but like, at least the Eternals aren't pretending their opinions should sway whether mutants use resurrection or not and are going to fucking war to try and put a stop to it. Everyone else though, getting all high and mighty and being like 'you should not resurrect your people even though you totally can, based on the fact that we don't like it and we say stop' its like lol, okay, you sound so dumb right now.'
    Well said and agreed ! Can’t wait to read the whole issue. So many asses to be thoroughly abd mercilessly whooped if Arrako is still going strong after AXE. I hope the X-Men and the Arakki show up, boss up and handle their business. HARSHLY!

Like strategically kill Eternals that can move through time/space and then send the rest of those bitches to Amenth to fight for 1000 years.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    mutants would not even be in the queue. Heck humans known to have given birth to mutants like Ma Guthrie would definitely not make the list. lol

And i think that's the point people miss when they say why should other books deal with this or that. You mean cap or carol or thor in all of their human saving adventures never come across a lone mutant that needs help or maybe one of their human supporting cast brings one in for help. That's the point i mean when i talk about other books not showing up. Why is a human showing up to ask for help from Carol any different than a mutant showing up in her book for help or any other hero. Wouldn't that even help promote the idea or the reasoning some mutants would choose to stay in certain countries. But it's like some want us to just fabricate those situations or assume they happen. Maybe i think too much sometimes.
    Yeah, literally every single time I bring up the little fact that during Dark Reign, there were news stories about proposed legislation to sterilize all remaining mutants......*crickets*

Like, people can hate how the books go about discussing human/mutant relations all they want, but that doesn't change the fact that we're not making this up when we talk about how shit those relations are and how canonically, nobody but mutants ever seems to have much of a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysworld View Post
    i keep waiting for somebody to point out in story, that if human scientists had invented a resurrection process....how far down the list of 'people that get to use this process' would mutants have been? considering the amount of resources that have been extended mutantkind's way during the legacy virus, after genosha, after m-day, etc. Hmm.....
    Absolutly this!

CLAPPING.jpg

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

from the bits I've read another excellent issue. Ewing continues to outshine himself cant wait to discuss.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

from the bits I've read another excellent issue. Ewing continues to outshine himself cant wait to discuss.
    It is a VERY GOOD issue! Some very thought provoking points come up here. I look forward to chatting with the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    It is a VERY GOOD issue! Some very thought provoking points come up here. I look forward to chatting with the fandom.
    Please dm deets still at night shift.

Please dm deets still at night shift.
    Sending over now…