Page 355 of 833 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I can buy that but at the same time if they want to portray Storm in a competent want in both her characters and powers then it should be in all the boos she's in.

For example when she was in X-Men under Duggan. That was a wonderful issue for her and even gave her a lil' feat to add some spice to it.
    Agree.

My expectation for XMR is that the character Ewing eventually builds for Storm will make it impossible for X Office to put her back in her cramped box.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes. this would have made more sense.
    So it beggs the question... what mutants currently alive have feats that compare to Storm and Jean's high end one's? Wanda is the only one that comes to mind but is she technically mutant?
    Last edited by The Regent; 05-21-2022 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Actually that's a good point lmao! Unless you can warp reality on a meaningful scale I don't think the "most powerful" is a table you can apply to sit at.
    Reality warpers are probably the weakest of the omegas. I think people think too much about the "end feat" of what they can accomplish than a battle. We have seen Jamie manipulates the strings of reality, well he manipulates what exist, vulcan should be able to drain his chains of reality and they should not even be able to bind him as like megan he can change form, we've seen Storm travel om lightning and sense shifts in reality, one bolt in the brain what can a reality warper do. I mean yes reality warpers can pull off interesting overarching grand feats but in a battle between Storm and Jean versus a reality warper Jean shuts down a brain and Storm just turns one off in an instant. What else can they do. I mean if we are going extreme.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    So it beggs the question... what mutants currently alive have feats that compare to Storm and Jean's high end one's? Wanda is the only one that comes to mind but is she technically mutant?

oh u said mutants:

xman
    legion
    exodus?

im sure there are others arguably all the omegas from krakoa would
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

oh u said mutants:

xman
    legion
    exodus?

im sure there are others arguably all the omegas from krakoa would
    Wait where is Nate Grey... I thought he was dead.

Heck an omega level telekinetic such as Exodus should in theory just be able to move reality around himself. What can a Reality Warper do against that. Or the elements of nature, i've never seen a reality warper make a reality that didn't have the basic fundamentals of reality as they know it and someone like Storm affects the world, such as trion so in theory storm should adjust to whatever reality she is in anyway for her powers to work which we've seen on planets and in other dimensions, and in a warped reality in Onslaught when she fought post and asked iceman if he felt the environment around them and told everyone to start attacking it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm hoping it's Subliminally (yes i'm corny. lol)trying to connect the two and red so Jean ends up there. lol. other than that your right, no real point. lol.
    No thanks. The last x-men red was enough of that. She can pop in for a quick telepathic conversation and leave.

All the pro sisterhood girlies on here were very quick to belittle Storm's mental defenses and shaded her for weeks after issue 4. We still love Jean, just from a distance.
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 05-21-2022 at 07:24 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Heck an omega level telekinetic such as Exodus should in theory just be able to move reality around himself. What can a Reality Warper do against that. Or the elements of nature, i've never seen a reality warper make a reality that didn't have the basic fundamentals of reality as they know it and someone like Storm affects the world, such as trion so in theory storm should adjust to whatever reality she is in anyway for her powers to work which we've seen on planets and in other dimensions, and in a warped reality in Onslaught when she fought post and asked iceman if he felt the environment around them and told everyone to start attacking it.
    There was an issue where reality was in flux around them and Storm retained her powers because "the rules of nature remained the same"
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    No thanks. The last x-men red was enough of that. She can pop in for a quick telepathic conversation and leave.

All the pro sisterhood girlies on here were very quick to belittle Storm's mental defenses and shaded her for weeks after issue 4. We still love Jean, just from a distance.
    im going to have to agree here. nothing personal against any fandom but ororo really needs the space to continue showing readers why she is the regent and resident omega level goddess. I know a lot of the fandoms want to see Ewing write their faves and I get that. however for if Jean, iceman or whomever pops up it should be in a very limited capacity and not to let them show out powerwise. when Duggan had storm in xmen all she was doing was talking which is fine. any guest appearances should have that same energy in red.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

im going to have to agree here. nothing personal against any fandom but ororo really needs the space to continue showing readers why she is the regent and resident omega level goddess. I know a lot of the fandoms want to see Ewing write their faves and I get that. however for if Jean, iceman or whomever pops up it should be in a very limited capacity and not to let them show out powerwise. when Duggan had storm in xmen all she was doing was talking which is fine. any guest appearances should have that same energy in red.
    After the crappy treatment we've had for over a decade, we deserve to have a writer focusing solely on Storm and her power as well as her characterization. Last thing we need right now is to be sharing a book with a telekinetic. We don't need a telepath. The same way Vixen can communicate with humans telepathically via her connection to the red, Storm should be able to commune with any living thing via her connection to the planet's biosphere. Develop her extrasensory abilities PLEASE
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

After the crappy treatment we've had for over a decade, we deserve to have a writer focusing solely on Storm and her power as well as her characterization. Last thing we need right now is to be sharing a book with a telekinetic. We don't need a telepath. The same way Vixen can communicate with humans telepathically via her connection to the red, Storm should be able to commune with any living thing via her connection to the planet's biosphere. Develop her extrasensory abilities PLEASE
    agreed and that is a great idea. I love love love the idea of her being able to communicate with any living thing via her connection to the planet. I think a writer did something very recently with this when she felt an earthquake while she was sleeping? let me see if I can find it

Reality warpers are probably the weakest of the omegas. I think people think too much about the "end feat" of what they can accomplish than a battle. We have seen Jamie manipulates the strings of reality, well he manipulates what exist, vulcan should be able to drain his chains of reality and they should not even be able to bind him as like megan he can change form, we've seen Storm travel om lightning and sense shifts in reality, one bolt in the brain what can a reality warper do. I mean yes reality warpers can pull off interesting overarching grand feats but in a battle between Storm and Jean versus a reality warper Jean shuts down a brain and Storm just turns one off in an instant. What else can they do. I mean if we are going extreme.
    You make an excellent point lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Wait where is Nate Grey... I thought he was dead.
    I think he's still trapped in that dimension he crwated in Uncanny X-men.

When was this?

I'd like to think that Ewing is a talented enough writer that he's capable of juggling both Jean and Storm on the same team. If this is a drawback then having Magneto and Sunspot as part of her Brotherhood is also going to hurt her in the long run.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Yes. I always wanted to see Storm using the elements to communicate, like when she projected Jean and Monet's consciousness into the water. I wanted to see her do it interplanetary, molding her face in the clouds and using thunder to simulate her voice. They are wanting to put Jean in the success of the Storm for what reason?

imma give him Leeggggggss and Hippppssssssnnnn BODY BODY!!!!!

I read the article (thank you Reigna for posting it). I enjoyed and had a different reaction/take. I took it as this is the era for “Storm and Jean”. Like we had a lengthy era of Cyclops & Wolverine, but this era…belongs to the Queens of the X-Men. I took as they are in the upper echelon of the Earth’s Omegas and this their time. We have passionate writers, passionate artists, colorists, and script writers, and we see a resonance in fandoms’ passions on the forums. Though I can understand the general reaction since Jean hasn’t been in Red up to now.