Page 352 of 833 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    She ain't a bad actress but I've watched her very long time ago. These days, I don't know how much experience she has under the belt but when I saw her in one of the Disney Shows she was meh to mediocre to okay as an actress.

I agree, but will he be able to kick Storm's butt is what I wonder since now when we have Storm beating Vulcan who has beaten a lot powerful characters in the past like Black Bolt, Adam Warlock and so on. Storm is on an entirely different level. I wonder if that has something to do with her semi-energy form on one of the issue covers.
    Vulcan was beaten by Black Bolt, he provoked BB into finally unleashing his scream and it turned him into a barely breathing charred mush

Last edited by Daedra; 05-21-2022 at 02:52 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    he does great reviews. its the only one I've seen though. need to look for others.
    Definitely worth the time. I read 5 or 6 and then watched 3 video reviews. Here is a anotehr review I watched:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5UbFy7AWkTo

Good but Not as comprehensive, researched and structured as Blerd’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Just wanted to drop a totaly biased opinion on the Storm vs. Vulcan fight from X-men Red.

Ever since Deadly Genesis i could not give a damn about Vulcan.
    He came from nowhere, getting retconned into X-men history via an, in my opinion, mediocre story that tried to alter the backround of a much more important and impactfull story in the X-men franchise (what ever Giant Size was as good quality wise as some claim is debatable), which was just adding to the "Xavier is actualy a massive jerk and hypocrite" characterization that has become worse since the 2000's, all so there could be a secret 3rd Summer's Brother who is also mega powerfull (much more than his brothers who are actualy developed and prominent characters), who then went on to basicly Squatch Match a bunch of established characters to remind the reader how powerfull he is.

Everything about his "rise" to power and prominence felt artifical and "unearned" to me and everytime he appears i check out. There is no fascination, intrigue, interest or even love to hate about the character from me, just annoyed apathy.

So seeing Storm, a character who "earned" all her power and had them developed to that state and level of complexity over decades of continuity, putting him in place quickly, in a perfectly functional way that doesn't need out of nowhere elements, was basicly one of the more enjoyable appearances of Vulcan to me. Sure he will stay around and Ewing will (likely futily) try to expand him as character and perhaps give him a more dramatic rematch down the line, but for the moment this was great.

That being said, i do wonder about an opinion of you good Storm fans.

Which established character would you consider "worthy" of being able to go up against Storm and potentialy win?
    There are a lot I think, which I think keeps Storm and the other omegas more equalized on the battlefield under many circumstances. If I placed them into classes based on power type and some exmaples of characters:

High level/Skilled Magic Users (Strange, Magik, SW, Doom, Spiral) - Some can be quickdraws but a prolong fight would favor the magic user

Speedsters and/or Flying Speedster Bricks (Northstar, Spectrum, Blue Marvel, Thor) - Should be able to blitz win in most circumstances, with Spectrum being the most advantageous since she can travel as invisible light; The bricks can also take a lot of punishment so if they close the gap before she can find a way to stop them they could one-shot her

The most powerful telepaths - These fights are closer IMHO but I think a fight with powerful telepaths can go either way (Jean, Xavier, Cassandra Nova, Shadow King)

High powered/skilled energy or matter manipulators (Exodus, Sersi, BB, IW, CM, Heralds) - Some can go either way and some can be an uphill battle for Storm IMO. They have the skill, versatile powerset & will to contend and could win.

Of course we also have prep and tech masters who can find ways to negate or remove her powers (for almost any mutants). Black Panther, Reed Richards & Tony Stark are good examples.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    She ain't a bad actress but I've watched her very long time ago. These days, I don't know how much experience she has under the belt but when I saw her in one of the Disney Shows she was meh to mediocre to okay as an actress.

I agree, but will he be able to kick Storm's butt is what I wonder since now when we have Storm beating Vulcan who has beaten a lot powerful characters in the past like Black Bolt, Adam Warlock and so on. Storm is on an entirely different level. I wonder if that has something to do with her semi-energy form on one of the issue covers.
    I think that was a colouring error. Because unless issue two there is something that will push her I dont know maybe we will get something. But now I am kinda tempering my expectations on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I think that was a colouring error. Because unless issue two there is something that will push her I dont know maybe we will get something. But now I am kinda tempering my expectations on that.
    Looks like we won't see an upgrade for a while. The next issue is about Magneto, Tarn, and Thunderbird. Issue 4 is a wonderful political drama.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Marvel, never makes colour mistakes with covers. They might make a small colour mistake within the comic story itself (and that is usually due to inexperienced artists) but they never, ever done any mistake on any of their covers.

It is a bit strange that they put Storm and Jean on the same level, but it is understandable and I do agree to some extent with them. Jean has so many feats and accomplishments that rival those of Storm, but Storm isn't behind her, she is right there with her, if not even more accomplishments. I think they both started to shine with Hickman's changes on Omegas since Jean was classified as OL TP and Storm as OL WM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

im sorry but what the hell did xmen red 2 have to do with Jean? that would be just like someone saying xmen resurrection or the first xmen red showed just how powerful storm was. they're not the same nor is there a reason for them to be. they are powerful in their own ways and for different reasons. really wish folks will allow storm to enjoy her shine without trying to pull other characters in the view
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Agreed.

I'm really not understanding why it was necessary to bring Jean into this discussion about what happened in Red #2. I mean I don't disagree with the general statement the article is trying to make but there was no reason to shoehorn Jean into this discussion. This was not a telepathic/telekinetic battle nor was it something that happened in the Astral plane or anywhere else that you'd normally consider Jean's domain. It's like they literally had to hammer out space for Jean in this and I'm like - why?

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

im sorry but what the hell did xmen red 2 have to do with Jean? that would be just like someone saying xmen resurrection or the first xmen red showed just how powerful storm was. they're not the same nor is there a reason for them to be. they are powerful in their own ways and for different reasons. really wish folks will allow storm to enjoy her shine without trying to pull other characters in the view
    This is what I'm saying. Like I like Jean this is no secret, my 2nd home is her appreciation thread. But what happened had nothing at all to do with her and her inclusion in the article feels forced AF and totally out of left field.

They want to do a article about how Willpower is an Omega's greatest weapon? Cool. Write that article!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    This is what I'm saying. Like I like Jean this is no secret, my 2nd home is her appreciation thread. But what happened had nothing at all to do with her and her inclusion in the article feels forced AF and totally out of left field.

They want to do a article about how Willpower is an Omega's greatest weapon? Cool. Write that article!

let me vent because I'm a bit annoyed by the article. for years and not necessarily on cbr but definitely on comicvine Jean fans would talk so much ish about Ororo and how she wasn't as powerful as Jean, primarily due to phoenix. I couldn't tell you how many debates I had with people saying Jean was stronger. Now fast forward to Ororo canoncially being a goddess, a confirmed omega, and an omega slayer you have some seemingly trying to have Jean ride on Ororo’s coattails (as evident by this article) . Nothing in Xmen Red 2 had anything to do with Jean. Not one single thing. Let Ororo finally have HER moment to shine.. Like what was even the point of the article. These two characters are not in competition and they are both powerful for entirely different reasons. They are not the same and that is what makes them great. Can anyone please tell me when have you ever seen a writer use a power defining story about Jean to demonstrate how powerful Ororo is? In fact people would do the opposite. Articles like this especially being so out of the left field as you stated are very suspect to me. So to this writer Jean will still be one of the most powerful mutants ever even if Ororo is being shown why she is powerful in her own right.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yes, they all need to get away from the goddess. Let her shine!
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Got to admit, the "fan service" excuse is a new one to me.
    Where was this?!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Ok I missed a lot. What the Hell is going on??

Agreed.

I'm really not understanding why it was necessary to bring Jean into this discussion about what happened in Red #2. I mean I don't disagree with the general statement the article is trying to make but there was no reason to shoehorn Jean into this discussion. This was not a telepathic/telekinetic battle nor was it something that happened in the Astral plane or anywhere else that you'd normally consider Jean's domain. It's like they literally had to hammer out space for Jean in this and I'm like - why?

I have my suspensions. I think certain narratives about characters when it pertains to power levels are being challenged. It is one thing to have debates with people in battle forums about who is stronger but when actual stories from canon begin to overwhelmingly start countering certain held beliefs it can be jarring for some.

tying this back to this article, as I mentioned for so long all sorts of folks would argue Jean was more powerful than ororo, with and without phoenix. However, when the xoffices/marvel drop stories after stories presenting a quote different narrator I think some may be worried their faves' claim to fame may be affected.

Going a little further, Storm was shown twice as needed help from Thor to address different obstacles beyond his control, Knull called Ororo his most powerful avatar even though he had also possessed the celestial, hulk, thor and the F4, storm proclaimed to magneto he wasn't the strongest person in the room anymore (seemingly accentuating she was), she destroyed an army of lethal legion attackers when the initial 6 easily took out the imperial guard, and she has beaten at least 3 omega level mutants including Vulcan who many believed would easily defeat her.

So why take a story that has nothing to do with a character on to use saud story to explain why they are equal in power? Maybe because that author is concerned on some level people won't perceive Jean as the most powerful xlady anymore.