Page 27 of 833 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127527 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Is it wierd that yeah all the variants are cool but none beat dauterman in sheer pizaas.
    That 2nd cover is giving me Marvel Zombies vibes with that Storm. However, the 3rd cover is giving me "unlock these chains!" vibes and note how her Gala outfit is tear itself apart (presumably by a power surge? Note the floating bits). I'm assuming after that moment we're going to transition into her new outfit.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    That 2nd cover is giving me Marvel Zombies vibes with that Storm. However, the 3rd cover is giving me "unlock these chains!" vibes and note how her Gala outfit is tear itself apart (presumably by a power surge? Note the floating bits). I'm assuming after that moment we're going to transition into her new outfit.
    Yeah when he said the fight between storm.and Vulcan is happening I rose from my seat and then sat on the floor. It is just too good. We are about to experience peak cinema in comic form.

As far as I'm concerned X-Men: Red is the flagship X-Book. Yall can keep Duggan, good luck with all that.
    Who are those gworls again? I don't know them

Ewing using well fed in an interview means that he has been around xtwitter and many a forums and has seen the complaints. We would be well fed indeed. Even if we get lighting lass at least get lighting would be effective now lol

He goes like asking how powerful storm is is a redundant question which already has an answer she is omega now let's move own.

I hope he brings hadari Yao back in full force.

Also we are gonna see political storm yaaay.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-19-2022 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post

Current Adversary seems like he's warping the White Room with Echo in there

Warping reality in the white room and Echo thinks she is in a dream. Keep in mind Adversary is weak and wants the phoenix power.
    Very interesting that Adversary distorts reality on a multiversal level when he managed to manipulate the starlight, which is the Nexu point of the entire omniverse reality, and can now interact with the layers of the WHR even weakened, and in BP Coates run, Ororo managed to undo "with a certain ease" (Had to use your divinity, buut..) your weather distortion.

Yeah when he said the fight between storm.and Vulcan is happening I rose from my seat and then sat on the floor. It is just too good. We are about to experience peak cinema in comic form.
    I just can't wait to see how it's going to play out! Obviously, Ewing recognizes that Storm is powerful and the way he worded it in his interview makes me believe his mindset isn't the usual writer cop-out of "No she can't do that, she's not that powerful" to "This is Storm and she is a Omega level Weather Manipulator - she can do anything."

This is the energy I love and it's about damn time Storm got to be written by someone like that in the X-Office.

I'm wondering if the fight will take place across two issues though?

Then in #3, there's a battle between omegas that resolves in an unexpected way and causes even more of those political dominoes to fall. So fans of both modes should hopefully be well fed.
    I'm not sure if he's intentionally being tight lipped about specifics and not using names but as far as we know the only current OLMs are Storm, Magneto, and Vulcan.

So you have to ask who's going to be fighting in issue 3? Also, I love how he's not just having a fight just to fight. It's being used to build up the plot.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

New Al Ewing interview - https://www.cbr.com/marvel-al-ewing-...war-interview/

Some nice tidbits imo:

I'd ask anyone to read the interview in full! I kept the parts that pertained mostly to Storm but the whole interview is juicy!!!
    Who was just expecting moments of power, I'm sorry to disappoint, but... Al Ewing is an excellent writer, he manages to explore different elements and layers of a title, without getting anything saturated, I'm very excited to see this book!

From the way he said how the Storm vs Vulcan fight will be, I can deduce that the result will not be what he expected, probably something different, but intriguing, in a positive way of course.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thank you Juan! This third image aroused my curiosity, will we see this in the book?

I just can't wait to see how it's going to play out! Obviously, Ewing recognizes that Storm is powerful and the way he worded it in his interview makes me believe his mindset isn't the usual writer cop-out of "No she can't do that, she's not that powerful" to "This is Storm and she is a Omega level Weather Manipulator - she can do anything."

This is the energy I love and it's about damn time Storm got to be written by someone like that in the X-Office.

I'm wondering if the fight will take place across two issues though?

I'm not sure if he's intentionally being tight lipped about specifics and not using names but as far as we know the only current OLMs are Storm, Magneto, and Vulcan.

So you have to ask who's going to be fighting in issue 3? Also, I love how he's not just having a fight just to fight. It's being used to build up the plot.

To him storm is too powerful for the battle field. He also apologized for giving us powerless storm in #8 and frankly I respect that. Though that tarn moment was iconic powerless storm is a thing of the last and served her purpose. I wanna see omega storm with political intrigue and her darn knife. Mmmmmm delicious.

Also I won't be opposed if all the omegas on that planet start fighting well that's bad new for existence as a whole but the mess is what I live for. I definitely think magmeto would be involved in the fight maybe try to calm things down cause those two duking it out can easily take out the planet. And yes like you said it has a purpose it has a plot related purpose. Storm has actual plot
    ..... Thank you Jesus!

Who are those gworls again? I don't know them

Ewing using well fed in an interview means that he has been around xtwitter and many a forums and has seen the complaints. We would be well fed indeed. Even if we get lighting lass at least get lighting would be effective now lol

He goes like asking how powerful storm is is a redundant question which already has an answer she is omega now let's move own.

I hope he brings hadari Yao back in full force.

Also we are gonna see political storm yaaay.
    That's what I'm saying, lol! A lightning bolt from a Ewing-Storm would actually be a lightning bolt! Not that silly police taser mess that couldn't even stun some flunky (but made a pretty glass shape).

As for him using Hadari Yao, I think it's in the cards down the line. He might be setting her up to have worshippers/believers throughout the galaxy. I mean Storm herself has to have some sense that her name is out there when you take into account what Ewing had her say when she was introduced as Regent.

As per his other interview he said he did that to let us know that she is in fact keeping her "Goddess cred" from Coates. He did not have to put that in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Who was just expecting moments of power, I'm sorry to disappoint, but... Al Ewing is an excellent writer, he manages to explore different elements and layers of a title, without getting anything saturated, I'm very excited to see this book!

From the way he said how the Storm vs Vulcan fight will be, I can deduce that the result will not be what he expected, probably something different, but intriguing, in a positive way of course.
    Even if they throw words at each other real house wives style it will be entertaining. I mean his dialogue between storm and doom was something for the gods.

That's what I'm saying, lol! A lightning bolt from a Ewing-Storm would actually be a lightning bolt! Not that silly police taser mess that couldn't even stun some flunky (but made a pretty glass shape).

As for him using Hadari Yao, I think it's in the cards down the line. He might be setting her up to have worshippers/believers throughout the galaxy. I mean Storm herself has to have some sense that her name is out there when you take into account what Ewing had her say when she was introduced as Regent.

As per his other interview he said he did that to let us know that she is in fact keeping her "Goddess cred" from Coates. He did not have to put that in at all.
    He does say that Abigail's goal is to get a person soo powerful they can single handedly impose order on the galactic stage and subdue the empires of marvel with ease. I think what Abigail wants is a good and well there is only one being that fits that bill Ororo mutherfucking Munroe. Already the **** empress is a devout follower of hadari Yao. Intergalactic empire of eakanda has her as part of Their pantheon and soon all te other powers would too.

To him storm is too powerful for the battle field. He also apologized for giving us powerless storm in #8 and frankly I respect that. Though that tarn moment was iconic powerless storm is a thing of the last and served her purpose. I wanna see omega storm with political intrigue and her darn knife. Mmmmmm delicious.

Also I won't be opposed if all the omegas on that planet start fighting well that's bad new for existence as a whole but the mess is what I live for. I definitely think magmeto would be involved in the fight maybe try to calm things down cause those two duking it out can easily take out the planet. And yes like you said it has a purpose it has a plot related purpose. Storm has actual plot
    ..... Thank you Jesus!
    I mean there was no way around that given who she was fighting. It would've made Tarn look completely ridiculous to have him fight a powered Storm. It's just amazing to know that Ewing is capable of juggling BOTH sides of Ororo. Like yes, we have this ridiculously powerful OLM who's main Omega power is Weather Manipulation and Weather encompasses a sh!t ton of things. However, she can also more than hold her own in H2H fights. So basically pick your poison!

Well Mags is supposedly broken so who the hell knows what his mentality is going to be. At this point he could take full advantage over the fact that mutants can be resurrected and just impale them both with some random piece of metal to stop the violence.

That made me literally LOL and now my dog, who was sleeping, is now judging me. Thank you.

He does say that Abigail's goal is to get a person soo powerful they can single handedly impose order on the galactic stage and subdue the empires of marvel with ease. I think what Abigail wants is a good and well there is only one being that fits that bill Ororo mutherfucking Munroe. Already the **** empress is a devout follower of hadari Yao. Intergalactic empire of eakanda has her as part of Their pantheon and soon all te other powers would too.
    Very true. But let's not forget that Brand also said that Storm isn't one who can be easily manipulated (or something to that effect). Dictator Storm is not something that would come to pass without a DAMN good reason. Like if she doesn't lay down the lay XYZ planet/people are going to be wiped out.

Even if they throw words at each other real house wives style it will be entertaining. I mean his dialogue between storm and doom was something for the gods.
    Careful! Remember that Storm needs to be humble!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

I would hope no one thought that this was just going to be a feats on feats on feats book. Like pick up any Ewing story and that's what you're going to get - a story. We will eat but he's going to also entertain us along the way.

I would hope no one thought that this was just going to be a feats on feats on feats book. Like pick up any Ewing story and that's what you're going to get - a story. We will eat but he's going to also entertain us along the way.
    We want feats but the feats should mean something to the story and be on a just because basis.

Careful! Remember that Storm needs to be humble!
    Ooops I did it again lol

I mean there was no way around that given who she was fighting. It would've made Tarn look completely ridiculous to have him fight a powered Storm. It's just amazing to know that Ewing is capable of juggling BOTH sides of Ororo. Like yes, we have this ridiculously powerful OLM who's main Omega power is Weather Manipulation and Weather encompasses a sh!t ton of things. However, she can also more than hold her own in H2H fights. So basically pick your poison!

Well Mags is supposedly broken so who the hell knows what his mentality is going to be. At this point he could take full advantage over the fact that mutants can be resurrected and just impale them both with some random piece of metal to stop the violence.

That made me literally LOL and now my dog, who was sleeping, is now judging me. Thank you.
    Exactly like the things that entail weather on earth alone is a very long list then we go to the universe and then dimensions. He even says it that rather is a lot of moving parts and it is a very huge deal.

But

He also can write one hell of a knife storm. As much as I don't want to see storm loose her powers I did enjoy her putting tarn in his place with just a knife and a stare.

We shall see but I am very excited. And from the way he is speaking the book has a longevity plan. Let's hope it does 50 issues..

Exactly like the things that entail weather on earth alone is a very long list then we go to the universe and then dimensions. He even says it that rather is a lot of moving parts and it is a very huge deal.

But

He also can write one hell of a knife storm. As much as I don't want to see storm loose her powers I did enjoy her putting tarn in his place with just a knife and a stare.

We shall see but I am very excited. And from the way he is speaking the book has a longevity plan. Let's hope it does 50 issues..
    Adding to that it is well established that Ewing is a canon junkie and what is established canon when it comes to Storm's power in space?

One thing I hope he does touch on is Storm's ability to read the nervous system of living beings. We have never seen it being put to use (at least from a reader pov) yet it give her that edge in every fight.

We know that the ring is not a strictly H2H fight so him highlighting that could be in the cards.

Nothing in the Sword was by chance, we will see that in Xmen Red, very excited!

Adding to that it is well established that Ewing is a canon junkie and what is established canon when it comes to Storm's power in space?

One thing I hope he does touch on is Storm's ability to read the nervous system of living beings. We have never seen it being put to use (at least from a reader pov) yet it give her that edge in every fight.

We know that the ring is not a strictly H2H fight so him highlighting that could be in the cards.
    I know most want to see more Hadari yao moments, but I'll be glad at least her powers have been explored more, as is already happening, I'd really like to see Storm reading neural impulses, ****, is that some kind of Electric Telepathy?