Page 560 of 833 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570610660 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 12488
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Lightning Lass made a cute appearance...I'm not sure how effective she was against the Hex but she did as much as I expected, under Gillen.

What's happening on Arakko is separate from the Hex attack on Earth and the Dreaming Celestial's time out.
    The logical play for her as the Voice of Sol (not just Regent of Arakko) would be to stay on Earth and do as much as she can in that given 24hrs...and trust that Magneto and the Arakkii can handle themselves, which they can and will. That said, I don't know if her voice has any weight under Gillen in this story. In this particular scenario, as Voice of Sol, she should be important to how things play out in that 24 hrs with DC but...Gillen could overlook her for his other pets. And if so then...say good by to Earth, and the QC just head back to Arakko where she can do the most good. Let the Earthlings handle their mess...that they brought on themselves.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-10-2022 at 09:51 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Heads up. Storm actually does appear in the Ms. Marvel/Wolverine book today

Jeeesuzzzz....AXE #2 is stupid piece of mess...this is not just about storm and thank you guys for pointing out how horrendous writer he can be but forgetting the mutants are capable of circuitry in Krakoa?? and an island full of them with established power set you can just order for about how long the Island has lived -- is just plain bull -- that's it he just lazy af...at least Ewing needs that time to get readers acquainted at least for each new character, the new environment that is mars, and still managed to balance between Magneto, Sobunar, Lactuca -- Gillen your playset consists of basic lego blocks and you dont even need to build too much each of these characters has wikipedia on them and you are so not using it -- what the f are you doing? -- the most funny thing about it is that the mutants crying over Avengers leaving like -- i just cant -- im sorry (i know its not a laughable matter but when you sell a betrayal sell it well and meaningful) but really the image of Exodus bitter when avenger left is funny....not to mention Kurt's pained -- oh for Christ sake -- lets get Jesus really in those pages now shall we -- guys get a grip you've done more miraclous things that the avengers could only even dream about -- you know like terraforming mars what are you all crying about?!?!
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 08-10-2022 at 10:43 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Jeeesuzzzz....AXE #2 is stupid piece of mess...this is not just about storm and thank you guys for pointing out how horrendous writer he can be but forgetting the mutants are capable of circuitry in Krakoa?? and an island full of them with established power set you can just order for about how long the Island has lived -- is just plain bull -- that's it he just lazy af...at least Ewing needs that time to get readers acquainted at least for each new character, the new environment that is mars, and still managed to balance between Magneto, Sobunar, Lactuca -- Gillen your playset consists of basic lego blocks and you dont even need to build too much each of these characters has wikipedia on them and you are so not using it -- what the f are you doing? -- the most funny thing about it is that the mutants crying over Avengers leaving like -- i just cant -- im sorry (i know its not a laughable matter) but really the image of Exodus bitter when avenger left is funny....not to mention Kurt's pained -- oh for Christ sake -- lets get Jesus really in those pages now shall we -- guys get a grip you've done more miraclous things that the avengers could even dream about -- you know like terraforming mars what are you all crying about?!?!
    I don't think Exodus is bitter that the Avengers left, he's bitter that the X-men let them help in the first place and is now happily throwing it in their faces that you cannot rely on them. Also Thor is redundant here, should've just used Storm if all he's gonna do is use his lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Heads up. Storm actually does appear in the Ms. Marvel/Wolverine book today
    Lots of lightning as per usual but at least the art was decent.

Also, poor Wolverine lmao! The man cannot catch a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I don't think Exodus is bitter that the Avengers left, he's bitter that the X-men let them help in the first place and is now happily throwing it in their faces that you cannot rely on them. Also Thor is redundant here, should've just used Storm if all he's gonna do is use his lightning.

Don't you know that Thor's lightning is stronger because "reasons" and phallic hammer representation.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Lots of lightning as per usual but at least the art was decent.

Also, poor Wolverine lmao! The man cannot catch a break.

Don't you know that Thor's lightning is stronger because "reasons" and phallic hammer representation.
    Lol 100% agreed! I am so glad Storm is not being focused on under Gillen’s pen. His work is just as bad as his Extinction Run lol, and now I feel like the X-Men will not be the bad a$$ defenders of their own kind. The Eternals will end up saving them. I will say the Exodus focus was good and I liked what he did. He was a fanatical beast and I am here for it. I just wish Storm (and other omegas were used more effectively if they have to appear on panel, but my low expectations for Gillen’s x-writing ability is met pretty consistently so….4/10.

And that Ms.Marvel book - seriously?! Storm didn’t think to her use her control over temp to AOE flash-freeze or use a vortex to pull these things together and then freeze them? Jean’s TK also anyone? Like I get the whole “team-up” angle - but make it make sense. An easy solo mission for both Ororo & Jean and hardly a threat that required Logan to get spit-roasted. That book got a 2/10 for me.

I will say BP was interesting. I liked it but wasn’t a fan of the anticlimatic ending. And the couple is officially on a clear break, so not expecting to see Storm appear there for a (long?) while. Highlight for me was Okoye’s throwing power and Storm catching it was beastly, and seeing Folasade busting out skills I wasn’t expecting her to have. 7/10 for me. T’Challa got pretty beat-up in this story arc, so I am hoping Ridley gives him a meteoric rise that will give him the love and respect he deserves.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I will say BP was interesting. I liked it but wasn’t a fan of the anticlimatic ending. And the couple is officially on a clear break, so not expecting to see Storm appear there for a (long?) while. Highlight for me was Okoye’s throwing power and Storm catching it was beastly, and seeing Folasade busting out skills I wasn’t expecting her to have. 7/10 for me. T’Challa got pretty beat-up in this story arc, so I am hoping Ridley gives him a meteoric rise that will give him the love and respect he deserves.
    they'll be back together at some point but that entire arc was reach after reaching after more reaching. glad storm won't be written by Ridley anymore. the goddess is good
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Lol 100% agreed! I am so glad Storm is not being focused on under Gillen’s pen. His work is just as bad as his Extinction Run lol, and now I feel like the X-Men will not be the bad a$$ defenders of their own kind. The Eternals will end up saving them. I will say the Exodus focus was good and I liked what he did. He was a fanatical beast and I am here for it. I just wish Storm (and other omegas were used more effectively if they have to appear on panel, but my low expectations for Gillen’s x-writing ability is met pretty consistently so….4/10.

And that Ms.Marvel book - seriously?! Storm didn’t think to her use her control over temp to AOE flash-freeze or use a vortex to pull these things together and then freeze them? Jean’s TK also anyone? Like I get the whole “team-up” angle - but make it make sense. An easy solo mission for both Ororo & Jean and hardly a threat that required Logan to get spit-roasted. That book got a 2/10 for me.
    At this point in the story unless you are one of Gillen's pet characters (Hope, Sinister, Exodus) I don't think anyone else should feel optimistic about their character getting any sort of real "moment" in this. I was just talking in the Jean thread about how he missed a perfect opportunity to display both the subtly and raw power of being an Omega telepath. I mean I don't want to damper anyone's excitement who may actually be happy about this issue/event but it's just not my cuppa and yes I'm in the corner that is thrilled he's not writing Storm but at the same time my pov isn't limited to JUST Storm...

Yeah that was a soft flop for me. They are REALLY REALLY REALLY stressing the whole "team work" idea even when it makes 0 sense. This panel in particular makes me facepalm so hard I broke my nose.

So we as readers are just suppose to ignore the fact that Jean could've taken the bug out, contained it, and then crushed it or just flat out atomized the thing?

As for Storm, you are absolutely correct! Where was the wind manipulation? Where was the EMP strike (even if they were immune to it, just TRY it), where was the attempt to just directly suck the energy out of them? Then you add in Jean's tk to the mix and the BEST plan of action was to fry Wolverine?

Storm and Jean together should make whole ass pantheons tremble but they out here getting played by the Raid mascot.

To be frank I'm not upset at all by this development. Nothing against BP as a whole, but it's perfectly clear that neither the X-Office or the BP office have any interest in actually making this relationship into a functional ADULT relationship. So yeah, I'm thrilled they finally cut ties with the relationship. I do hope the remain friends though since they do share that history that has been cemented time and time again. But as for lovers? Nosir, that sh!(T)p has sailed in my book.

Furthermore, the current writer of BP is garbage. Like I'm sorry but even as a 2/10 BP fan I found that last page to be downright INSULTING to his character.

If that had been Storm crying out abt not wanting to be alone and asking T'challa to not leave her, we'd want BLOOD to be spilled!*

*Figurately of course for all you bann hammer happy mods and people who don't understand internet speak.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    At this point in the story unless you are one of Gillen's pet characters (Hope, Sinister, Exodus) I don't think anyone else should feel optimistic about their character getting any sort of real "moment" in this. I was just talking in the Jean thread about how he missed a perfect opportunity to display both the subtly and raw power of being an Omega telepath. I mean I don't want to damper anyone's excitement who may actually be happy about this issue/event but it's just not my cuppa and yes I'm in the corner that is thrilled he's not writing Storm but at the same time my pov isn't limited to JUST Storm...

Yeah that was a soft flop for me. They are REALLY REALLY REALLY stressing the whole "team work" idea even when it makes 0 sense. This panel in particular makes me facepalm so hard I broke my nose.

So we as readers are just suppose to ignore the fact that Jean could've taken the bug out, contained it, and then crushed it or just flat out atomized the thing?

As for Storm, you are absolutely correct! Where was the wind manipulation? Where was the EMP strike (even if they were immune to it, just TRY it), where was the attempt to just directly suck the energy out of them? Then you add in Jean's tk to the mix and the BEST plan of action was to fry Wolverine?

Storm and Jean together should make whole ass pantheons tremble but they out here getting played by the Raid mascot.

To be frank I'm not upset at all by this development. Nothing against BP as a whole, but it's perfectly clear that neither the X-Office or the BP office have any interest in actually making this relationship into a functional ADULT relationship. So yeah, I'm thrilled they finally cut ties with the relationship. I do hope the remain friends though since they do share that history that has been cemented time and time again. But as for lovers? Nosir, that sh!(T)p has sailed in my book.

Furthermore, the current writer of BP is garbage. Like I'm sorry but even as a 2/10 BP fan I found that last page to be downright INSULTING to his character.

If that had been Storm crying out abt not wanting to be alone and asking T'challa to not leave her, we'd want BLOOD to be spilled!*

*Figurately of course for all you bann hammer happy mods and people who don't understand internet speak.
    yes Ridley certainly wrote storm like an uber b!tch in this book. there was no reason for her to leave him in the manner that she did.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes Ridley certainly wrote storm like an uber b!tch in this book. there was no reason for her to leave him in the manner that she did.
    How was she a bitch for doing what he always does to her? He left her to play daredevil despite her beggng him to stay, he left her again to search for his missing people in a time warp during Coates. He leaves every single time she wants him with her and you are fine with it. Why so different now? He pushed everyone away from him, let him sit in that. Let him do the work of saving himself. He's grown he can figure that out.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 08-10-2022 at 03:53 PM.

Honestly, i like her better in X-men Red than anything outside of that series.

Hmmm...havent even touched this yet...so far the Gillen run had me rolling my eyes as I really cant chew the lackness of sense for mutants/Krakoans -- also you saying Ridley at least tried to give Storm a spear here -- ahahaha and thats it ahaha -- thanks for the warning -- maybe its time to take a break from all Marvel -- they are just not "working" well except for Red for now...

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Facts but that's exactly what i saw when coates had her tell another woman she could f#*I$ him but know that she is the one because men.

I'm sorry this marvel edit: Because BLACK men.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Lols Marvel needs a major bootcamp about established characters and how not to **** them up not just slack not just collabs but really talk and review -- yup took five minutes to look into that spear thing and yeah laughed about it so hard -- coz the spear plus lightning to take one rider -- one --thats even worst than any potential Stormcaster -- at least it took an equivalent god pretender -- which she could easily just flick a finger and target that rider -- she was wielding a knife out in the open now too you know -- you know part of her costume --- im not even gonna dwell on the last part -- I am so not taking any more insult from these so called writers -- who are you kidding Marvel??? -- PS not even my bias is working here -- Netflix Sandman -- here we come!!!! Imma Isca this out --