Page 17 of 833 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117517 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    In fact I am choosing violence, if this fight happens I want storm to beat vulcan and not only beat him i want her to absolutely destroy him and his moral and sense of self like she did with tarn but this time with her powers and not even cosmic **** with just wind and lightning. I want lightning lass to mop the floor with him. Because if thor faced vulcan and koed hik with lightning you wont see the dude bros being bitter about it. Same energy for storm then.
    "Because if thor faced vulcan and koed hik with lightning you wont see the dude bros being bitter about it. Same energy for storm then." If I clapped any harder my hands would fall off...

Though I'd prefer them to contend for energy and ultimately negate each other which leads to Storm pulling out the knife.

I just want to see real Omega vs Omega!

In fact I am choosing violence, if this fight happens I want storm to beat vulcan and not only beat him i want her to absolutely destroy him and his moral and sense of self like she did with tarn but this time with her powers and not even cosmic **** with just wind and lightning. I want lightning lass to mop the floor with him. Because if thor faced vulcan and koed hik with lightning you wont see the dude bros being bitter about it. Same energy for storm then.
    And they say Dark Phoenix is the Chaos Bringer! CBR and other forums would explode in rage lol. They already got mad when they thought she possibly said she was stronger than Mags or Exodus.

Fantastic Member

Gerry Duggan replied to my question.

I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    And they say Dark Phoenix is the Chaos Bringer! CBR and other forums would explode in rage lol. They already got mad when they thought she possibly said she was stronger than Mags or Exodus.
    I am counting on them booing and crying their sorrow and bitterness feeds me it's like offerings on my altar.
    Because it's really becoming very annoying there are almost no black characters that are unfathomably powerful the very few that are, are extensively gatekeeped from demonstrating and reveling in their power unlike their white counterparts. As I was reading Gillen's uncanny xmen run yesterday they kept stressing how special hope was i then realized that not one black or even poc mutant has ever gotten that moniker of being special. Storm being a goddess and mutant is still contested by most of the xoffice not to talk of the fandom. Why is being a mutant messiah is a caucasian only job offer? Can't we have a black or Asian or latin american mutant messiah?
    What makes it even jarring is when you look at the roots of the xmen and what inspired them the civil rights movements and 60 years later they are still tokeninsing poc charchteres whilst white characters are allowed to be whatever they can be.

So yes let the dude bros cry I will use their salty tears to season my barbecue *mmmmm finger licking good*
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-10-2022 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Gerry Duggan replied to my question.

Which was what my friend

Fantastic Member

Gerry Duggan answered my question

I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Gerry Duggan answered my question

Gerry simultaneously said sooo much and nothing all at the same time. It's like 1-1=0. But thank you for asking the question though hopefully we get a better answer in xmen red.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah i would be fine with a lost too like if it was a reality warper i think it would be more straight forward but these two abilities really compliment each other. If he can produce any sort of energy just imagine what these two could do together with ororo giving him direction on the energies to provide for her to manipulate or the ways he could help her to explore her powers and vice versa. Adversary or Ally their dynamic can be really interesting.
    I may be talking ****, but although the set of his powers are fascinating, Vulcan is not a character that attracts me, in my view he must be a very arrogant, narcissistic and megalomaniac man, one of the reasons why he is manipulated by a As wily mind as Brand, she's literally walking on eggshells, nudging Storm, Magneto, and Vulcan.

But it would be interesting what both could do together, their powers are extraordinary (Storm and Vulcan)
    I don't understand why there is an all powerful narrative around storm. It is very strange to me that people think that, especially considering the stupidly op characters already walking around in marvel. characters who literally can unmake reality, destroy multiverses and **** and then there is the weather lady being allowed to explore the full elemental breath of her powers is all powerful? I am sorry but they should miss me with that bull ****. Kinda like when she made a star and we had people decrying that she should not have done that cause that would be too OP. And I am like do you want her to throw lighting and wind her entire career? I guess so . Anyways.....
    Yeah, that's frustrating, Storm is Marvel's most iconic black woman, so why not push her to the level of other women, men who can end universes with a simple gesture?

That would be awesome, and once again Storm would show the self-centered men not to mess with the whole ************!!

Lol loving the conversation. My 2 cents:

1. Whoever wrote that article on screen rant doesn't know Storm at all. She's manipulated pressure so many times on panel so this being a 'new' power is ridiculous. Blowing up buildings, BP and Beast's inner ear, pressure domes, creating low level pressure to slowly suffocate Magneto, etc. I usually like that site but they lost points for that overblown article.

2. Storm vs Vulcan is interesting. Storm controls both energy and physical matter of the atmosphere. It makes me think of the time when Polaris crushed Vulcan's armor on his body. She just manipulated the metal in a tactically intelligent way that was quite effective, debilitating and visually impressive. I don't know if a fight with him and Storm would need to become a tug of war over energy, which to me would be less tactical considering Storm should think about that (of the risks to the environment). And I don't think Vulcan would want to make the fight hand to hand. I think Storm should destroy him handily if he tried to make it a fist fight (I don't recall any showings for him outside of brawling with BB).

At range I think she should be thinking creative and strategically. Like thunderclaps (like how she sent Bludgeon and Cudgel through a wall and then some) and hard to evade since he won't see it coming. Or the F5 tornado where she broke all the bones in Forge's mutate's body. Or Internal hax - dropping the pressure of the flow of blood to his brain to cause him to pass out, expanding the pressure inside him, or electrical impulses in his brain. Something creative along those lines if she opted for physically based attacks that he couldn't really counter. At least not easily or before it takes effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol loving the conversation. My 2 cents:

1. Whoever wrote that article on screen rant doesn't know Storm at all. She's manipulated pressure so many times on panel so this being a 'new' power is ridiculous. Blowing up buildings, BP and Beast's inner ear, pressure domes, creating low level pressure to slowly suffocate Magneto, etc. I usually like that site but they lost points for that overblown article.

2. Storm vs Vulcan is interesting. Storm controls both energy and physical matter of the atmosphere. It makes me think of the time when Polaris crushed Vulcan's armor on his body. She just manipulated the metal in a tactically intelligent way that was quite effective, debilitating and visually impressive. I don't know if a fight with him and Storm would need to become a tug of war over energy, which to me would be less tactical considering Storm should think about that (of the risks to the environment). And I don't think Vulcan would want to make the fight hand to hand. I think Storm should destroy him handily if he tried to make it a fist fight (I don't recall any showings for him outside of brawling with BB).

At range I think she should be thinking creative and strategically. Like thunderclaps (like how she sent Bludgeon and Cudgel through a wall and then some) and hard to evade since he won't see it coming. Or the F5 tornado where she broke all the bones in Forge's mutate's body. Or Internal hax - dropping the pressure of the flow of blood to his brain to cause him to pass out, expanding the pressure inside him, or electrical impulses in his brain. Something creative along those lines if she opted for physically based attacks that he couldn't really counter. At least not easily or before it takes effect.
    Yeah the haxs are great and I was also thinking along those lines. But Assuming Vulcan's abilities are similar to what he already had before Hickman era then those wont help storm either, all he needs to do is think to suppress or siphon her power . He did that to Adam warlock a being sooo powerful he could survive a big bang to the face and has enough power to manhandle gods and cosmic beings with ease. He robbed such a being of sooo much power in practically little to no time that Adam himself was shook and terrified. Also trying to crush or destroy him wont work because he can regenerate indefinitely, bolgaton trying to stop vulcan unleashed the full power of his scream which was sooo powerful it destroyed Vulcan body and he still regenerated almost instantaneously infact the energy of the scream made him even more powerful.

Hence why we said for storm to win she must either dish out energy so great it is equivalent or greater to a bomb strong enough to end the universe or absolute zero his ass. Anything else would just piss vulcan off. Even a knife to the heart.

Fantastic Member

If even polaris can affect Vulcan with her powers so can Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    If even polaris can affect Vulcan with her powers so can Storm.
    Wasn't that pis? I mean she was getting stronger based on who knows what. I mean even havoc overloaded him out of no where.
    And frankly I am taking him at his best which is when he fought black bolt. I like to kick my enemies at their highest.

Anyways all I know is that in the end storm would get wonderful feats from this altercation because in the end that's all it is, an altercation with a relative nobody. If Polaris can pull a win from her ass so can lightning lass whom I do not know.