Page 26 of 833 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Of course she doesn't need it. It's just it would be nice to SEE it. No one (I don't think?) wants Storm to walk around with that level of power at a default level. But for years she's been classified as this top-tier powerful being even among mutants. Now with her official Omega classification along with her ascension to Godhood, I think we deserve to see what's under the hood so to speak. I mean you have writers saying she's the "Omega of Omega" and yet the only other character that has been called that (Jean), gets to b1tch slap Galactus like she's a heavyweight champ.

We just want our due is all. Enough titles. Enough "sayings". Show us!

In terms of Carol, I believe he was going for more cosmic radiation effect. I mean obviously she's in binary mode so she's going to be pumping out loads of power. Plus, the way he's drawn it her body looks like it contains galaxies which I think is kind of cool.

As for Storm, you're right in that it wouldn't make much sense for her to have a fire elemental form. I like your idea about mixing the elements. I wouldn't mind seeing either of these on Storm. In fact take the first picture as her "base" elemental form and the second picture for her ultimate ascension. Combining her Mutant and Divine powers. Of course there would be more detail, but you get what I'm saying I hope.
    I would love to see a form of energy, elements, mixed together, something more abstract, that always changes shape, texture, color in the panels, it would be very interesting!

janna-visual-update-1024x525.jpg

988d50ffb44d6822e3f8751f41fdb849.jpg

MygkNuA.jpg

A modern, more elegant version of this perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Powerful woman does not mean destroy everything. If anything recent events have shown Storm does not need that silly mirror.
    I mean she could build terraforming planets is well within her abilities and I would argue building worlds from scratch with the help of a chrono mutant and maybe a reality warped for the xfactor. But building a world and a solar system from a nebula is very much part of her power set.

Of course she doesn't need it. It's just it would be nice to SEE it. No one (I don't think?) wants Storm to walk around with that level of power at a default level. But for years she's been classified as this top-tier powerful being even among mutants. Now with her official Omega classification along with her ascension to Godhood, I think we deserve to see what's under the hood so to speak. I mean you have writers saying she's the "Omega of Omega" and yet the only other character that has been called that (Jean), gets to b1tch slap Galactus like she's a heavyweight champ.

We just want our due is all. Enough titles. Enough "sayings". Show us!

In terms of Carol, I believe he was going for more cosmic radiation effect. I mean obviously she's in binary mode so she's going to be pumping out loads of power. Plus, the way he's drawn it her body looks like it contains galaxies which I think is kind of cool.

As for Storm, you're right in that it wouldn't make much sense for her to have a fire elemental form. I like your idea about mixing the elements. I wouldn't mind seeing either of these on Storm. In fact take the first picture as her "base" elemental form and the second picture for her ultimate ascension. Combining her Mutant and Divine powers. Of course there would be more detail, but you get what I'm saying I hope.

I dont know I think storm shouldn't really have an "elemental form" in the traditional sense. She is weather which is supposed to be everywhere maybe an elemtal avatar for plot occasionally but I would prefer her be a vast imposing consciousness that is sooo big it's impossible to conceive how vast. Her basically godly will dominating everything for hundreds and even thousands of light years at once. Kinda like in black panther when she became one with several planets stars and energy fields towering over an entire intergalactic ramada like they are nothing and proceeding to toy with them as easily. It when she became a literally ari buble to hold the black bird to safety in the earlier days. As an omega level mutant and a god there must be a divine feel to her appearance one that transcends oh **** she is more powerful now cause her hair is on fire lol. She becomes the very primal fundamental forces so she should feel like it I think.

I will pull up those scans but I hope you guys get the picture I am painting.

RCO016_1582717742.jpg

Something like this is what I am implying. She was as she told doom beautiful and terrifying a being sooo vast that she is inherently ineffable. Seeing as storm could contain eternity itself which is essentially infinity as they are one and the same. because omega mutants are inherently soo vast in nature then you add the very nature of a god and one shines literally bigger than adversary who is casually a threat to universes and well you have a being like well storm! Her elemental form should reflect that I believe.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-17-2022 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm terraformed a planet by herself or at least gave it an atmosphere and unlimited light. She soloed the Adversay, an upper level demon. They have already shown us.

We don’t need Dark Phoenix rip offs. The Black Vortex is gone as it should be. Storm doesn’t need it. Shoot, neither does Jean.
    Yes all amazing feats but I still want more. Storm has had 10-15yrs of being lightning lass while other characters have shined (nothing wrong with that), but from the get-go Storm was suppose to be the most power & the most beautiful woman in comics. Now you can take the latter part of that statement how you wish since beauty is subjective from person to person. However, the most powerful? Far from it. One shotting Adversary is nice and all but where is that level of power consistently? Where is that power to let the readers know that Storm CAN do it if she decides the threat is major enough. Also, I would show her achieving that level of power without needing people praying to her. Solidify that as a one time event that unlocked her potential. You have people TO THIS DAY scoffing at the fact she's a bona-fide Goddess. You have people rolling their eyes after Knull said she was his most powerful avatar.

Making an atmosphere and a mini-sun is nice. But there's far more to be done in terms of solidifying Storm's abilities besides just splashing a few feats here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I would love to see a form of energy, elements, mixed together, something more abstract, that always changes shape, texture, color in the panels, it would be very interesting!
    I like that idea! Maybe even a color shift to reflect her emotional state.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    MygkNuA.jpg

A modern, more elegant version of this perhaps.
    See going by the text/narration in that story you would think that she had already evolved past her physical body.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I dont know I think storm shouldn't really have an "elemental form" in the traditional sense. She is weather which is supposed to be everywhere maybe an elemtal avatar for plot occasionally but I would prefer her be a vast imposing consciousness that is sooo big it's impossible to conceive how vast. Her basically godly will dominating everything for hundreds and even thousands of light years at once. Kinda like in black panther when she became one with several planets stars and energy fields towering over an entire intergalactic ramada like they are nothing and proceeding to toy with them as easily. It when she became a literally ari buble to hold the black bird to safety in the earlier days. As an omega level mutant and a god there must be a divine feel to her appearance one that transcends oh **** she is more powerful now cause her hair is on fire lol. She becomes the very primal fundamental forces so she should feel like it I think.

I will pull up those scans but I hope you guys get the picture I am painting.
    RCO016_1582717742.jpg

Something like this is what I am implying. She was as she told doom beautiful and terrifying a being sooo vast that she is inherently ineffable. Seeing as storm could contain eternity itself which is essentially infinity as they are one and the same. because omega mutants are inherently soo vast in nature then you add the very nature of a god and one shines literally bigger than adversary who is casually a threat to universes and well you have a being like well storm! Her elemental form should reflect that I believe.
    I mean she could have both if we're being honest. Her mutant powers alone always gave me the sense that she had the potential to exist as weather itself considering she could, with pin-point accuracy, strike someone down from across the planet. Added to the fact that she is so connected to the planet and the elements. You throw in that this awareness extends exponentially when she's in space and all the ingredients are right there. Her Godhead is just sprinkles on the ice-cream.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Love this. Yardin is such a talented artist. The spikes are huge lol, and hoping they aren't just for creating a certain perception or change in her persona. I want the next Arakkii challenger to be looking like a mummy from Storm using those spikes on her shoulders and gloves in H2H

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Love this. Yardin is such a talented artist. The spikes are huge lol, and hoping they aren't just for creating a certain perception or change in her persona. I want the next Arakkii challenger to be looking like a mummy from Storm using those spikes on her shoulders and gloves in H2H

This was my thought when I first saw the new fit. It's in her history to use her costume as part of her melee "equipment"

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Incredible Member

Current Adversary seems like he's warping the White Room with Echo in there

Warping reality in the white room and Echo thinks she is in a dream. Keep in mind Adversary is weak and wants the phoenix power.

New Al Ewing interview - https://www.cbr.com/marvel-al-ewing-...war-interview/

Some nice tidbits imo:

There will be espionage. There will be intrigues. There will absolutely be action and feats -- the cover of #2 promises a major confrontation between Storm and Vulcan, and one of the notes I got back from editorial when they saw it was, "Stefano is going to draw the hell out of this beat." And that big, tempestuous, operatic action beat also serves to lay down a few cards in the larger battle of ideologies we've set up. Then in #3, there's a battle between omegas that resolves in an unexpected way and causes even more of those political dominoes to fall. So fans of both modes should hopefully be well fed.
    Storm is great. That's the starting condition if you've been an X-fan for any period of time. What intrigues me about Storm isn't really how powerful she is -- which is good news for fans of a powerful Storm, because I just treat that as a question that's been fully answered. Yeah, she's an Omega Mutant. She's a weather manipulator, and there are a lot of moving parts in weather so she's obviously a huge deal. But I've been reading her since the eighties and I've seen her kick-ass both with powers and without -- and please, forgive me for going back to that well in S.W.O.R.D. #8. The plot beat was delicious, so sweet and so cool.

Storm makes a choice for her people and another for herself. Magneto makes a new home and an unlikely friend. Cable makes a potential enemy out of an unexpected guest. Sunspot makes Vulcan's list. Also, two teams are formed. One of them is X-Men Red. And the other is...?
    I'd ask anyone to read the interview in full! I kept the parts that pertained mostly to Storm but the whole interview is juicy!!!

New Al Ewing interview - https://www.cbr.com/marvel-al-ewing-...war-interview/

Some nice tidbits imo:

I'd ask anyone to read the interview in full! I kept the parts that pertained mostly to Storm but the whole interview is juicy!!!
    This book is about to come and eat the competition. I don't know what to tell yall watch out for April.

Is it wierd that yeah all the variants are cool but none beat dauterman in sheer pizaas.

This book is about to come and eat the competition. I don't know what to tell yall watch out for April.
    As far as I'm concerned X-Men: Red is the flagship X-Book. Yall can keep Duggan, good luck with all that.