Page 559 of 833 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563569609659 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and if they do not give her power upgrades by way of apocalypse or show her idolizing mystique.
    That's the stupidest adaptation I've ever seen, next to not giving her the origin story at all.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Maybe Ororo could forge her own weapon out of mysterium the mutant metal but I’m not really sure what purpose it could serve, it could be fun but also detrimental because she dos not really need one, the nice thing about stormcaster was that it could grant her full asgardian physiology and I always loved the idea of a physically though Storm just not the way the power up was granted by a third party.
    Would love this idea but let revel in Storm au natural planetary creating and equivalent planetary drop your ass here again Uranos and no I am so gonna vaccuum whatever it is you breath -- well if they dont let Magneto (again steal) finish the job first -- ahem im not gonna hide it. Fine if they want to take her out of the board (and waste again the title) but Im bitter about it not being (again) Storm's Hour -- thats her fucking kingdom youd think shed be the first to yell for Arakko!!! for mutantkind!!! Or just bitch nobody steals moments from a Master thief!!! No? But nope they gave it to Magneto 3 minutes after just sitting down that seat -- hell we waited 6 months now to get what Regent of Arakko means to just be all "this" build an x-men team, destroy her own throne, break up with a lover, and spank a tantrum -- that's it? --im sorry did we miss any announcement about Magneto suddenly being king of the realm again? He was even retiring right? So please can we all have whatever X said as Storm's big story right now -- and it better not be some knife or hammer yielding battle -- or glam (which she can win anyways too) remember that battle between Korra and Storm? That calibre -- what happened to freaking Omega's Omega -- sorry im just being impatient here --

The worst part of it all is they resort to Ororo being petty guilty of the past mutant massacre again plus this one and Callisto slapping her with her vest like get a grip girl -- part 2,3 and 4 -- now again I trust Ewing but im never excited with how he describes Storm in interviews -- there's a pang of hesitation -- like seriously -- its not even a question if its normal for weather powers to work on whatever earthly recorded level coz its freaking Mars all earthly limitations are even off limits to be exact -- even the idea that Sobunar is that "actual body of water" is impressive breaking even both Aquaman/Namor who rules water are nothing -- so please if we are going to suffer this much waiting at least let that Power so overwhelming I can bring it to my grave -- since when do appetizers satisfy a customer? Its the main course that is the deal...
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 08-09-2022 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Would love this idea but let revel in Storm au natural planetary creating and equivalent planetary drop your ass here again Uranos and no I am so gonna vaccuum whatever it is you breath -- well if they dont let Magneto (again steal) finish the job first -- ahem im not gonna hide it. Fine if they want to take her out of the board (and waste again the title) but Im bitter about it not being (again) Storm's Hour -- thats her fucking kingdom youd think shed be the first to yell for Arakko!!! for mutantkind!!! Or just bitch nobody steals moments from a Master thief!!! No? But nope they gave it to Magneto 3 minutes after just sitting down that seat -- hell we waited 6 months now to get what Regent of Arakko means to just be all "this" build an x-men team, destroy her own throne, break up with a lover, and spank a tantrum -- that's it? --im sorry did we miss any announcement about Magneto suddenly being king of the realm again? He was even retiring right? So please can we all have whatever X said as Storm's big story right now -- and it better not be some knife or hammer yielding battle -- or glam (which she can win anyways too) remember that battle between Korra and Storm? That calibre -- what happened to freaking Omega's Omega -- sorry im just being impatient here --

The worst part of it all is they resort to Ororo being petty guilty of the past mutant massacre again plus this one and Callisto slapping her with her vest like get a grip girl -- part 2,3 and 4 -- now again I trust Ewing but im never excited with how he describes Storm in interviews -- there's a pang of hesitation -- like seriously -- its not even a question if its normal for weather powers to work on whatever earthly recorded level coz its freaking Mars all earthly limitations are even off limits to be exact -- even the idea that Sobunar is that "actual body of water" is impressive breaking even both Aquaman/Namor who rules water are nothing -- so please if we are going to suffer this much waiting at least let that Power so overwhelming I can bring it to my grave -- since when do appetizers satisfy a customer? Its the main course that is the deal...
    I also found Storm out of the race a waste, starting with the fact that she was already out of the hellfire gala, and now out of the event in a book that according to the screenwriter she is the protagonist. So far all she's done is relinquish her throne and kick an unstable Vulcan's ass, out of his potential. I feel like we're being duped, I hope this isn't another arc where she's done nothing but proclaim a few lips like "I'm a goddess" followed by catchphrases.
    While the book is being produced they won't see the color of my money, at the end of the run depending on the context of the plot I decide whether or not it's worth having red in my comic collection.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I also found Storm out of the race a waste, starting with the fact that she was already out of the hellfire gala, and now out of the event in a book that according to the screenwriter she is the protagonist. So far all she's done is relinquish her throne and kick an unstable Vulcan's ass, out of his potential. I feel like we're being duped, I hope this isn't another arc where she's done nothing but proclaim a few lips like "I'm a goddess" followed by catchphrases.
    While the book is being produced they won't see the color of my money, at the end of the run depending on the context of the plot I decide whether or not it's worth having red in my comic collection.
    Out of what race?

And I'm not sure how you can justify a phrase that Ewing hasn't "done anything" with Storm and then follow that up with insuiainting that MAGNETO is somehow stealing her spotlight? Like are we reading the same book? Lol
    Last edited by loke13; 08-10-2022 at 05:13 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I was a bit confused when I read that post, as well.

Some want her written in the Event but...acknowledge Gillen is not a good writer for her at all. So she'll essentially be wallpaper. (But at least she'll be in-panel Yyay!)
    Some prefer her out of the event but..."Ewing isn't doing anything with her." (keeping in mind he isn't the main writer for this event and has chosen to focus on his book and his characters (thank the Goddess!) and, Storm becomes central to his story in XMR 07 and it's not a Storm Solo book but sill he manages to gave her presence and voice)

You really can't please everyone.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-10-2022 at 06:57 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Strange thing happened, Storm is still on Earth.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Strange thing happened, Storm is still on Earth.
    Well she can't go back to Mars for now. They took out the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Well she can't go back to Mars for now. They took out the gates.
    She can now control the air around her to fly back to Mars.

It's just that KG apparently prefers to keep her as his wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    She can now control the air around her to fly back to Mars.

It's just that KG apparently prefers to keep her as his wallpaper.
    I never got the impression that was something she could do for an extended period of time. Isn't Mars like literally 30 million miles from Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I never got the impression that was something she could do for an extended period of time. Isn't Mars like literally 30 million miles from Earth?
    I think now that she's an Omega, she's less restricted.Right now on Mars, there's Magneto walking around with his chest hollowed out.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wonder if Ewing will show how she gets back to Arakko in XMR 06, if she does it on her own?

Barring that she could always ask one of the long range teleporters, Cable is there with her, there's also Magik and Lila.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wonder if Ewing will show how she gets back to Arakko in XMR 06, if she does it on her own?

Barring that she could always ask one of the long range teleporters, Cable is there with her, there's also Magik and Lila.
    I felt conflicted before the XMR06 came along.

On the one hand Kg is saying that Ewing used Storm in Red, so he can't use her, but we now see that Storm is still on Earth.

On the other hand, XMR06 has Storm on the cover. If she hasn't appeared yet, does that mean Ewing can only use Storm in 07? This would disprove KG's previous statement.

Fantastic Member

Why would Storm rush back? The threat originated from Earth and is still on Earth. Even if she could theoretically fly back, Krakoa is under attack by 6 giant Eternals. She's supposed to ignore that to go check on Mars? Wouldn't it make more sense to stay on Earth and help remove the threat and then go back? All she can do on Mars is wait for the Eternals to attack again.

Why would Storm rush back? The threat originated from Earth and is still on Earth. Even if she could theoretically fly back, Krakoa is under attack by 6 giant Eternals. She's supposed to ignore that to go check on Mars? Wouldn't it make more sense to stay on Earth and help remove the threat and then go back? All she can do on Mars is wait for the Eternals to attack again.
    It's a no win situation for her. There is still a threat on Arrako since Uranos left his forces there to further decimate the pipulation. She is the Regent of Arrako so she should try to get back there asap in my opinion. She accepted that responsibility and should try to uphold it. I say it's a no win situation for her though because I guess there isn't a consensus on which task she should give more priority to. Maybe Ewing will touch on that in his upcoming Red issues. Let's hope so because no one else is interested in giving her QC Krakoa responsibilities perspective.

Because Uranos' armory weapons are still destroying Arakko and the Arakki/Brotherhood are in retreat mode. On Earth the new Celestial god just blew the whistle and the Hex stopped attacking.

EDIT: Then again, if the Celestial is judging everyone on earth within 24 hours maybe she should stick around to help score some points for the good guys.
    Last edited by JB; 08-10-2022 at 09:14 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!