Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
This! and that's why it's hard to think of Storm in terms of solo now because she is regent of a solar system so when i think in terms of solo i'm thinking 50% storm 50% her cast of characters that include her staff, her people, etc etc. Storm for all intents and purposes is at the point where she could truly become a franchise and that's part of the reason i don't think Claremont would be the right writer to move her forward.

Or even a true modern royal in the MU. Storm is the first character in forever that when i think of i now think in terms of Doom/Tchalla/Thor/Namor because for all intents and purposes with Arrako and Sol she is basically at that level now for mutants. It's kind of cool to see.
Two things with your post.

One I would love for Clermont to continue writing Storm. He just seems to get her. But I agree with making her more modern and freash.
I say it would take a team of two writer. Clermont to lay down the Script and another writer(Ghost writer) to jazz it up and add modern elements.

Two

"in terms of Doom/Tchalla/Thor/Namor because for all intents and purposes with Arrako and Sol she is basically at that level now for mutants. It's kind of cool to see."

Is there another Women in the MU that's in the position Storm is in now or has been. Cause I couldn't help but notice all the name you mentioned were men.