Page 227 of 833 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327727 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Hey, don't feel bad about the dead franchise.

If not, ask dear Wanda to kill it once and for all.
    That's what I dread that the fox xmen will be brought into the mcu as cannon. But I doubt halle berry will be storm for the Disney franchise seeing as people want a more authentic portrayal of storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    That's what I dread that the fox xmen will be brought into the mcu as cannon. But I doubt halle berry will be storm for the Disney franchise seeing as people want a more authentic portrayal of storm.
    They'd also have to go way younger too. At this point Halle would be good if they wanted to do a Ainet type character but if we want Storm to have any sort of longevity in the MCU she's going to need to start off young. I got called ageist for it in the Jean thread but you'll forgive me if I want my fave to be around for longer than 3-4 movies before it looks kind of funny to see a 60yr old Storm playing a 20 something yr old Storm who's suppose to be in the prime of her life and powers.

I remember when Halle was pregnant (and ofc, I have no issue with this) she said they didn't allow her to do any of her stunts. I can imagine the same safety precautions being applied to an older actress.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    They'd also have to go way younger too. At this point Halle would be good if they wanted to do a Ainet type character but if we want Storm to have any sort of longevity in the MCU she's going to need to start off young. I got called ageist for it in the Jean thread but you'll forgive me if I want my fave to be around for longer than 3-4 movies before it looks kind of funny to see a 60yr old Storm playing a 20 something yr old Storm who's suppose to be in the prime of her life and powers.

I remember when Halle was pregnant (and ofc, I have no issue with this) she said they didn't allow her to do any of her stunts. I can imagine the same safety precautions being applied to an older actress.
    Halle berry and I love her was trash as storm through and through. To have even as aniet will be a scoff because what is she gonna teach ororo how to give bad puns when fighting toads? Uhuh uh let halle berry rest someone different should do that instead. But I know very well that she will likely be in the multiverse of madness much to my shagrin.

Halle berry and I love her was trash as storm through and through. To have even as aniet will be a scoff because what is she gonna teach ororo how to give bad puns when fighting toads? Uhuh uh let halle berry rest someone different should do that instead. But I know very well that she will likely be in the multiverse of madness much to my shagrin.

Well even if she is there's a good chance that she's going to be killed off along with any of the other Fox-Men if the rumors are true. Who knows, maybe we'll get a taste of what the actual MCU Storm will be like. There's really zero reason for them to keep any of the attitude (or lack thereof) and lack luster power displays that Fox gave us.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

Well even if she is there's a good chance that she's going to be killed off along with any of the other Fox-Men if the rumors are true. Who knows, maybe we'll get a taste of what the actual MCU Storm will be like. There's really zero reason for them to keep any of the attitude (or lack thereof) and lack luster power displays that Fox gave us.
    Like if she is going to die she will even be more disappointing. Like girl you already died in that movie once get smart, do SOMETHING! I swear to God if she dies without a huge display of power or downright competence I will riot.

That's another thing that the fox movies got woefully wrong about storm and her abilities they are supposed to be the most grand thing on the battle field. Like a biblical miracle was occurring before man. The movies made her seem like a very ineffective airbender with some lightning tricks which is very insulting. She is supposed to give one of if not the most visually impressive scenes when it comes to her powers. They are sooo grand that when she joins a battle her allies instantly get hope that they will win and her enemies are confounded in fear. Drizzle on the other hand seemed confounded two thirds of each movie she was in.

Now that she is an omega I suppose the power grid mean 10 and above.
    The Fox X-Men movies failed because the characters chosen as the universe's anchoring points. The movies had a clear agenda to push Wolverine. Every other character's development was sacrificed in service of him.

Then when they did a soft reboot of the franchise with X-Men first class, the focus shifted from the Wolverine, to Mystique, with a heavy dose of Magneto.

The decision to repeatedly double down on storylines disproportionately concentrating on Wolverine, Mystique, Professor Xavier, and Magneto proved antithetical to the X-Men themselves, who are by definition a team. The franchise's decision to closely follow so few of its characters is all the more upsetting when considering the repetitive nature of a handful of story beats, for example, Wolverine struggling to unearth his identity and Xavier being duped into trusting a supposed ally in Magneto who inevitably betrays him once again. In essence, the preoccupation with these already well-established figures and plotlines ultimately robbed other characters, like Storm, of the potential to shine.

Had they the brains to use the source material as a model, they would have recognized that the X-Men's stories and teams often rotate around familiar characters as the plot necessitates. But in this film series, Fox's barely took the time to give any backstory or internal thoughts not belonging to Wolverine, Mystique, Professor X, or Magneto. Cyclops' childhood as an orphan was never touched upon before he was killed off unceremoniously off-screen; nor is Storm's Kenyan backstory.

They even botch the Dark Phoenix storyline twice, mangling it so bad by giving a lion share of screen time to Wolverine in the Last Stand, and Professor Xavier and Mystique in the second go round of that movie. That story that should have revolved around Jean!

By taking time with a more diverse cast of characters reflective of the mutant metaphor and giving each room to breathe, Fox could have led up to a more impactful and far more profitable movie franchise.
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 04-16-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    The Fox X-Men movies failed because the characters chosen as the universe's anchoring points. The movies had a clear agenda to push Wolverine. Every other character's development was sacrificed in service of him.

Then when they did a soft reboot of the franchise with X-Men first class, the focus shifted from the Wolverine, to Mystique, with a heavy dose of Magneto.

The decision to repeatedly double down on storylines disproportionately concentrating on Wolverine, Mystique, Professor Xavier, and Magneto proved antithetical to the X-Men themselves, who are by definition a team. The franchise's decision to closely follow so few of its characters is all the more upsetting when considering the repetitive nature of a handful of story beats, for example, Wolverine struggling to unearth his identity and Xavier being duped into trusting a supposed ally in Magneto who inevitably betrays him once again. In essence, the preoccupation with these already well-established figures and plotlines ultimately robbed other characters, like Storm, of the potential to shine.

Had they the brains to use the source material as a model, they would have recognized that the X-Men's stories and teams often rotate around familiar characters as the plot necessitates. But in this film series, Fox's barely took the time to give any backstory or internal thoughts not belonging to Wolverine, Mystique, Professor X, or Magneto. Cyclops' childhood as an orphan was never touched upon before he was killed off unceremoniously off-screen; nor is Storm's Kenyan backstory.

They even botch the Dark Phoenix storyline twice, mangling it so bad by giving a lion share of screen time to Wolverine in the Last Stand, and Professor Xavier and Mystique in the second go round of that movie. That story that should have revolved around Jean!

By taking time with a more diverse cast of characters reflective of the mutant metaphor and giving each room to breathe, Fox could have led up to a more impactful and far more profitable movie franchise.
    100% I was watching a few videos on why the fox x-men sucked and they said exactly this and then some. To them the charachter assassination of the literal leaders of the x-men the manager and the matriach ala cyclops and storm was what really killed the franchise from the start. The shift from the ensemble to only singular charachters is what also lead to the the collapse of the franchise.. the x-men first and foremost must feel like a family a dysfunctional yet well meaning family surviving the odds and trying to do what's right for the benefit of both mutant and mankind. They are the only or one of the only superhero teams that can have a movie about Thanksgiving and it will work because that is the setting where they are the strongest narratively. But nope we had to do a "oh you old friend you will never learn" with erik and charles through out the whole franchise and a wolverine who constantly is finding himself, in some woods and trying to have sex with someone's girlfriend. Or mystique who was now a good guy and fucking leading the x-men! When she is supposed to scarce and mysterious.

It was trash trash trash trash trash.

I believe Disney should reboot them as a show this way the ensemble can get time to be fleshed out and the movie trilogies can be used for the big action stuff mostly directly tied in from the series.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

im just happy the foxmen are a thing of the past. there were so many haters saying Disney would never get the property back and here we are. im in bliss.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    im just happy the foxmen are a thing of the past. there were so many haters saying Disney would never get the property back and here we are. im in bliss.
    Here! Here! That's something all Fans can get behind

It's dead and it's never coming back

Also hopefully soon we get more on this in the comics what does she mean she replaced the orisha... can we get coates to write her again along with ewing?

Screenshot_20220417-121632_Chrome.jpg
    Last edited by Reigna; 04-17-2022 at 05:17 AM.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    But will Disney do the X-Men, and Storm justice?

That remains to be seen.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Incredible Member

It's dead and it's never coming back

Also hopefully soon we get more on this in the comics what does she mean she replaced the orisha... can we get coates to write her again along with ewing?

Screenshot_20220417-121632_Chrome.jpg
    Coates needs to come back and write for Storm.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Coates needs to come back and write for Storm.
    Absolutely. I know some people aren't a fan of his writing but the man has so much love and respect for our girl Storm it would be the smart move to have the X-office bring him in to write Storm.

Especially since I fear for Storm's future once Ewing leaves.

Meh. He wouldn't be my first choice to write Storm.

I am really content with her being primarily under Al Ewing's pen and I am very excited to see where he takes her. I honestly don't want another writing mudding up the waters right now. I want Ewing to show the writers more of what it means for her to be the Regent of Sol so her character can get a firm foundation again.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Absolutely. I know some people aren't a fan of his writing but the man has so much love and respect for our girl Storm it would be the smart move to have the X-office bring him in to write Storm.

Especially since I fear for Storm's future once Ewing leaves.
    No thanks. I rather Greg Pak get another chance before they let coates write her. lol. but that's just me.

Happy Easter Storm Fans!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/