Page 25 of 833 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thank you so much, Stormy!
    hey it was nothing c:

I was re-reading, and I found this interview (I remember someone sent it here). I wanted to know your interpretation of this, to the power of the Storm, and one thing that frustrates me is why they don't let Claremont exploit Storm's powers..

"RB: Storm next...

Chris Claremont: Storm is basically what she is...a goddess, a three-dimensional goddess, if such a thing is possible.

RB: When the new X-Men first appeared Storm was probably the most powerful and dramatic member. Do you feel now that she's been slightly upstaged by Phoenix?

Chris Claremont: No. In equal terms of raw power, they're approximately equal.

Jean can maintain a higher burst...she can peak higher than Storm but she can't hold it for long. The thing with Storm is that all we've done till now is show her throwing lightning bolts and creating hurricanes, but she can do far more. Phoenix is more visual - the 'bird effect' is more spectacular. So the gist of it is that they complement each other. They do different things in different ways."
    It reminded me of when the Black Vortex showed Storm's potential with cosmic power, a glimpse of her vaporizing a planet, possibly spawning a supernova!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thank you Juan, Storm is magnificent, I can't wait for this costume to debut in the comics.

I like this entire look from the faux-hawk to the lightning earring to the shoulder spikes and black jacket the lightning bolt on her top!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    hey it was nothing c:

I was re-reading, and I found this interview (I remember someone sent it here). I wanted to know your interpretation of this, to the power of the Storm, and one thing that frustrates me is why they don't let Claremont exploit Storm's powers..

It reminded me of when the Black Vortex showed Storm's potential with cosmic power, a glimpse of her vaporizing a planet, possibly spawning a supernova!

Claremont intended Phoenix to be just Jean Grey after achieving her full psychic potential, not a cosmic entity possessing or replacing her. That said, Phoenix was at that time already more powerful than a Herald of Galactus like Firelord, which is pretty impressive...

I don't know if everyone has seen Russel's new Captain Marvel drawing, but I think he just solidified my hope that if (hopefully WHEN) Storm gets a elemental form that he gets to design it.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

hey it was nothing c:

Powerful woman does not mean destroy everything. If anything recent events have shown Storm does not need that silly mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I don't know if everyone has seen Russel's new Captain Marvel drawing, but I think he just solidified my hope that if (hopefully WHEN) Storm gets a elemental form that he gets to design it.
    When Storm inevitably transcends her flesh I hope she wont be drawn like living fire... it's so common and generic. Living lightning or a mix of all elements would be more interesting I think.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Powerful woman does not mean destroy everything. If anything recent events have shown Storm does not need that silly mirror.
    Of course she doesn't need it. It's just it would be nice to SEE it. No one (I don't think?) wants Storm to walk around with that level of power at a default level. But for years she's been classified as this top-tier powerful being even among mutants. Now with her official Omega classification along with her ascension to Godhood, I think we deserve to see what's under the hood so to speak. I mean you have writers saying she's the "Omega of Omega" and yet the only other character that has been called that (Jean), gets to b1tch slap Galactus like she's a heavyweight champ.

We just want our due is all. Enough titles. Enough "sayings". Show us!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    When Storm inevitably transcends her flesh I hope she wont be drawn like living fire... it's so common and generic. Living lightning or a mix of all elements would be more interesting I think.
    In terms of Carol, I believe he was going for more cosmic radiation effect. I mean obviously she's in binary mode so she's going to be pumping out loads of power. Plus, the way he's drawn it her body looks like it contains galaxies which I think is kind of cool.

As for Storm, you're right in that it wouldn't make much sense for her to have a fire elemental form. I like your idea about mixing the elements. I wouldn't mind seeing either of these on Storm. In fact take the first picture as her "base" elemental form and the second picture for her ultimate ascension. Combining her Mutant and Divine powers. Of course there would be more detail, but you get what I'm saying I hope.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Marvel cannot seem to give fans a few powerful women at the same time and keep them powerful: Jean of the Mind, Storm of the Elements, Carol of Cosmic Forces, Wanda of Chaos Magic.

Here's to hoping that 2022 leads to some good moments for our Storm goddess and the other Ladies of Marvel.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

This is really really beautiful. David Yardin draws one hell of a storm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Marvel cannot seem to give fans a few powerful women at the same time and keep them powerful: Jean of the Mind, Storm of the Elements, Carol of Cosmic Forces, Wanda of Chaos Magic.

Here's to hoping that 2022 leads to some good moments for our Storm goddess and the other Ladies of Marvel.
    MCU has Wanda,Carol, Agatha, now Monica and Lady Thor are coming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Of course she doesn't need it. It's just it would be nice to SEE it. No one (I don't think?) wants Storm to walk around with that level of power at a default level. But for years she's been classified as this top-tier powerful being even among mutants. Now with her official Omega classification along with her ascension to Godhood, I think we deserve to see what's under the hood so to speak. I mean you have writers saying she's the "Omega of Omega" and yet the only other character that has been called that (Jean), gets to b1tch slap Galactus like she's a heavyweight champ.

We just want our due is all. Enough titles. Enough "sayings". Show us!

In terms of Carol, I believe he was going for more cosmic radiation effect. I mean obviously she's in binary mode so she's going to be pumping out loads of power. Plus, the way he's drawn it her body looks like it contains galaxies which I think is kind of cool.

As for Storm, you're right in that it wouldn't make much sense for her to have a fire elemental form. I like your idea about mixing the elements. I wouldn't mind seeing either of these on Storm. In fact take the first picture as her "base" elemental form and the second picture for her ultimate ascension. Combining her Mutant and Divine powers. Of course there would be more detail, but you get what I'm saying I hope.

Storm terraformed a planet by herself or at least gave it an atmosphere and unlimited light. She soloed the Adversay, an upper level demon. They have already shown us.

We don’t need Dark Phoenix rip offs. The Black Vortex is gone as it should be. Storm doesn’t need it. Shoot, neither does Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Claremont intended Phoenix to be just Jean Grey after achieving her full psychic potential, not a cosmic entity possessing or replacing her. That said, Phoenix was at that time already more powerful than a Herald of Galactus like Firelord, which is pretty impressive...
    Oh yeah, I'd love for all that momentum to be in Storm, but even so, she had some great moments, the first Xwoman to show a galactic level of power!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Yea! My dream was to see Storm creating a star, and it really happened! Now the next step is to see her holding/containing spatial events, or even creating one!

BANNED

Oh yeah, I'd love for all that momentum to be in Storm, but even so, she had some great moments, the first Xwoman to show a galactic level of power!

Yea! My dream was to see Storm creating a star, and it really happened! Now the next step is to see her holding/containing spatial events, or even creating one!
    Wait... What really happened? Ororo creating a star? Title and issue please.