Page 488 of 833 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    No it's not me but if you want to ignore the facts presented in the video, I don't have any more to tell you. You and Kyss will live in ignorance when the numbers are a matter of public record. That book failed after the relaunch. You can't accept facts so you want to pretend they don't exist.
    Lols again know the business my son -- I do trades -- so you cant tell me that these numbers are the only ones that are facts I live in a world of actual comics transactions not watching them out of a youtube pretend persona as critics and value analysts -- I get to read them books and has to become my own critic -- i buy them from actual comic book stores and engaged in those numbers or if you are not convinced those number wont give you the number of back issue comics I just saved from some collectors on traders groups now do I value and like Storm that way -- definitely does that reflect in those number of course not -- its post pre orders (as above) coz auctions doesnt give it back to Marvel too its getting its own value if it overpriced or worth my own money a 7 thousand valued and Ili cricitally acknowledge as a good Coates book is worth buying than a mere 250 Ridley that I really want to waste and burn the book -- dont worry I just cancelled that order because I am my own critic -- I speak for myself and not base it on some youtubers who claim they have convincing powers -- if you still dont get it Again dont speak in my behalf as a coates or Storm fan who Marvel might not really be able to know how much I love them -- (or how much you hate them) -- like I said know the business im in it as a consumer and a trader instead of just trolling on someone else's (moreso you tube or someone named Darthvader or something something in a forums) own verdict -- we get it you hate it but we (im behalf of Kyss based on own decision or experience) love it -- its not your responsibility to change our minds its not gonna be changed by youtube more or less I do these videos too anyway and know the cost expense of Marvel has to pay a content for the value of the book they want to sell -- you just cant stand that people like Coates and you dont coz you are indifferent and we arent forcing you to like it -- just dont speak in behalf of those who do and give us someone else -- no those numbers dont meam to me either as Kyss said coz how do you know they arent making these up -- as far as business goes the sales do not stay constant and it cant be a basis if people like it or not -- some people buy it coz they will use it in a hate post video anyway -- thats what I wanted to do with BP 6 but I cancelled it as my last decision...so dont lecture us here -- how far are you into this comics business to speak for "everyone" and that just even my own experience I dont have unlimited yet coz I do collect physical anyways -- so what now? Do you feel fulfilled trolling Coates fan?

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    How about no that’s on some weird type of stuff, and marvel already said no to it. That’s why you don’t see it anymore.
    What do you mean “weird type of stuff” lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Coats first run ended at 24K in books ordered. Which is very good.

Coats second run went down hill and below 20K around issue 15.

Those numbers are public on comichron and yes in the 2021 BP thread I posted those numbers.

Black Panther 20
    Issue orders
    12 20,993
    13 21,024
    14 23,310 (Carnage variant)
    15 18,419 (part 4 an arc saw this huge of a drop)
    16 16,146
    17 15,260
    18 14,727
    19 15,666
    20 15,142
    21 14,639
    22 13,894

The last issue placed in the top 25 of orders unlike issues 23-24.

Now some will scream all books do that. Miles Morales has never sunk below 20K. Spawn did appear in the top 100 for a good 7 years. Now he's top 20.

It should be noted it was Marvel's FOURTH worst selling ongoing. BP Agents of Wakanda, Runaways & Sword Master were worst with Runaways being the WORST.
    If it was a DC title-it would be the worst seller. Yet a top seller or top 5 everywhere else.
    You notice the Coates fans won't look at the numbers even when they are posted right in front of them.

Incredible Member

You notice the Coates fans won't look at the numbers even when they are posted right in front of them.
    WHO CARES LOL DANG YOU ACTING LIKE MARVELS PAYING YOU TO DEBATE PEOPLE. lol at the end of the day Coates is no more storm and tchalla is no more their shories have been told. It’s time for some new ones.

Incredible Member

Now that I have free time sitting at my son Football practice what book should I start with Claremont ? I want to see if he’s as good as people say.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Now that I have free time sitting at my son Football practice what book should I start with Claremont ? I want to see if he’s as good as people say.
    Perfect Storm!!!! Weeehhh!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Your conclusion is off. Storm has been a popular character since the 80's and has the number one selling comic book in her roster. My conclusion is that Coates didn't have enough fans to buy the book. Your conclusion is that BP isn't a popular character even though he has a billion dollar film franchize.
    and yet she couldn't sustain a solo book. as you said the numbers don't lie. storm may as popular as you claim.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Oh, looks like I'm missing a lot, but it doesn't seem like I'm missing that much.

It's too messy for me to be a part of.I look forward to what Storm will do next week.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and yet she couldn't sustain a solo book. as you said the numbers don't lie. storm may as popular as you claim.
    They don't lie and if you said Greg Pak can't sell Storm books you would actually be making a cohesive argument but because you can't stand anyone criticizing Coates or his sales you have to trash Storm in her appreciation thread. We all get it, you don't really like her unless she's tied to Black Panther.

They don't lie and if you said Greg Pak can't sell Storm books you would actually be making a cohesive argument but because you can't stand anyone criticizing Coates or his sales you have to trash Storm in her appreciation thread. We all get it, you don't really like her unless she's tied to Black Panther.
    Hey, I know you guys have different opinions. But Butterflykyss absolutely loves Storm, with or without BP.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

you just made my point. pak can push units yet his storm solo didn't. I wonder what changed? and you are free to criticize whomever you want but your argument you're using - that is - making a parallel to sales and popularity is flawed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Hey, I know you guys have different opinions. But Butterflykyss absolutely loves Storm, with or without BP.
    thank you love!! I completely ignored that last part because it was so senseless and erroneous lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you just made my point. pak can push units yet his storm solo didn't. I wonder what changed? and you are free to criticize whomever you want but your argument you're using - that is - making a parallel to sales and popularity is flawed.
    there is nothing wrong with my argument. Coates is regarded by BP fans to be the worst writer not named Ridley. that's a fact, He couldn't sell either Cap Books or Black Panther books and those that like his work are a smaller number than those that like Ewing. Those are facts and as much as you try to pretend that there are more Coates fans out there than there are you can't back that up save using anecdotes. Where are the huge facebook groups? Where are the huge fandoms? Where are the 40,000 fans? You keep making this argument that there are all these Coates fans but where is there any evidence to back it up?

Black Panther is bigger than Coates but his writing didn't help him and it really matters to many Storm fans, look at Yoga, the Regent, Cyclone and many others in this thread as an example for folks that don't like it.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 07-06-2022 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Storm and Tchalla is not the problem here, another black man bought and cohereced to make his own look like S$($ is the real problem and if the most people are stringing together is an argument of will they, won't they or one day they may be they are missing the whole entire point and throw your idea of black love in the trash right now. If a character at Tchalla level doesn't stand a chance with the fake we can't recast cause of emotions and the absolute denigration of his character for the expectation that black people want a world of avatar daze over a compelling story that features black excellence and shows that it isn't limited to ONE person but is in itself a vehicle for success than who can't be a victim. Luke cage, Storm, none of them have the real world presence the BP movie gave Tchalla and he gave it and god forbid they cast a storm actress or someone else who has an issue or tragically passes and they feel the only way to honor black is to destroy it's heroes because our imagination can't surpass change like Spiderman or insert white hero. The relationship is peanuts compared to what is being said here. Are we really for sell for any price or any ship. I won't say another word on this but this is just got damn ridiculous we arguing over the importance of this relationship or not relationship when this is bigger than that, this is "precedence" for them. And that's just how my heart feels.
    Exactly to me the way this entire conversation has become tchororo is really weird to me. There is something far worse happening to bp as a charchter by the powers that be. Something very sinister. Storm not being tachala is a non factor to me, she will be with whomever she wants to be with end of story right now she dpesnt want to be with tachala because of all shenanigans... that's is more than ohk, will they come back together? I dont know. Will they give her another love interest who is more than powerful enough to keep up with her? Likely. Hey all you know storm might end up with one of the night members of the great ring. I dont care who she is with so far as they give that relationship the necessary development and respect that is needed for someone like storm. But to me after the AVX revelations? Tachala having protocols against his own wife? Yeah I realized that they being together ain't gonna work especially when you consider the sheer weight of the mantles upon them and who they are deep down. Maybe this goes against the black love grain most are striving for ororo, but her getting a new love interest won't be unpopular quiet the opposite infact especially when people were gushing over death in xof swords till he revealed he was a rotten cheater through and through, in and out. In the end people know storm as storm, unlike most of her other big female contemporaries is defined by no man, she is storm like wonder woman is wonder woman. Yes they have relationships and all but they are first and foremost who they are... another thing I hated was when they used to address her as queen of wakanda or after former queen of wakanda, like I am sorry do you not know who is before you? You think she is only tachala's wife or ex? The F? Show some motherf*cking respect.

there is nothing wrong with my argument. Coates is regarded by BP fans to be the worst writer not named Ridley. that's a fact, He couldn't sell either Cap Books or Black Panther books and those that like his work are a smaller number than those that like Ewing. Those are facts and as much as you try to pretend that there are more Coates fans out there than there are you can't back that up save using anecdotes. Where are the huge facebook groups? Where are the huge fandoms? Where are the 40,000 fans? You keep making this argument that there are all these Coates fans but where is there any evidence to back it up?

Black Panther is bigger than Coates but his writing didn't help him and it really matters to many Storm fans, look at Yoga, the Regent, Cyclone and many others in this thread as an example for folks that don't like it.
    ok 10character