Page 569 of 833 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619669 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 12488
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    See i pay for mine so i got to be strict with what i get. I mean i could read them for free since techinically i pay for them in the long run but it's my one vice so i like dropping the dime on comics. lol. But there are somethings i won't read even if they are free, which sucks this time that X-men falls in that event so closely. ewing/storm combo is the only thing that saved Red and it's closeness to LOX is the only reason i'm getting 6. But i will resume xmen when this whole thing is done.

Ususally when i say i won't mention it again ya know i'm done. I still didn't read x lives and i could read it for free on marvel unlimited or amazon unlimited but that would be wasting my time. lol
    Well, I don't blame you. You make a valid point to which I should be following your lead. However, I don't like to be out of the Loop so I MUST READ THEM ALL. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Well, I don't blame you. You make a valid point to which I should be following your lead. However, I don't like to be out of the Loop so I MUST READ THEM ALL. LOL
    I definitely get that sentiment. LMAO. But i am just not a fan of hate reading because i love to read and it took me awhile to actually love love it because most schooling makes it a horrible first time by forcing a list of boring books on you and claiming it's "must read"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Fantastic actress so I hope it's not just smoke.
    Love her as Starfire. Definitely a good consideration for Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Barthchrist01 View Post
    Guys Storm was so annoying today. Ms Marvel and Wolverine, she is just lightning lass nothing more. She forgot about wind, rain and ice to impale those bud.
    Lol this book was terrible. Yes, Jean could’ve ended it with her TK, Storm has wind, flash freezing, EMP, and more options….I just felt like if the focus/highlight is the “team effort” then make the opponent/challenge worthy of a team effort so readers don’t have to suspend our disbelief this hard.

Just read the forenite issue. lol. in my mind storm and thor were present because it's own canon stated no one could be on the iceworld so the main fact they were down there having a conversation says to me they were still working in the background. lol. also it was nice to see a red head take a play out logan book and hit him with the kiss while he is in the receiving pose. LMAO
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-17-2022 at 01:56 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Just read the forenite issue. lol. in my mind storm and thor were present because it's own canon stated no one could be on the iceworld so the main fact they were down there having a conversation says to me they were still working in the background. lol. also it was nice to see a red head take a play out logan book and hit him with the kiss while he is in the receiving pose. LMAO
    Jwatson!!! I told you not too WASTE YOUR TIME on that Book.

Jwatson!!! I told you not too WASTE YOUR TIME on that Book.

LMAO!!! Not jennifer lewis! lol. it was actually a pretty fun read. lol. and i usually budget in my head an amount i can spend on normal comics. let's just say with the line up we been getting and a personal blessing, im buying fencing tomorrow. LMAO!
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-17-2022 at 02:18 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

You know what i find most fascinating about Claremont latest interview about Gambit posted in his thread. We see ororo using powers but claremont himself says in the interview that storm is not even a teenager yet and specifically says her mutant powers have not manifested which adds absolute credence to the fact that storm had some innate control over the natural weather that was not tied to her mutation so it would make absolute sense that her mutant powers are what bolsters her natural divine power to control the weather. wind rider indeed.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

LMAO!!! Not jennifer lewis! lol. it was actually a pretty fun read. lol. and i usually budget in my head an amount i can spend on normal comics. let's just say with the line up we been getting and a personal blessing, im buying fencing tomorrow. LMAO!
    *sigh* Alright, FINE!...don't do it again. I'm trying to help you. Help me, Help You.

*sigh* Alright, FINE!...don't do it again. I'm trying to help you. Help me, Help You.
    Naw i'm going to finish this out. lol i'm a weird comic fan i follow xmen and outside of that sometimes shows get me to get comics. Like i got charmed. That one was actually good but all the delays and i was surprised how hard it was to get the issues released to be honest but i loved how plugged in the creators were and talked about how some of the stuff was contract with shannen doherty and her likeness and stuff. I also got the xena comics but they keep cancelling and relaunching those but i keep picking them up and then they just fall off the radar because they get sneaked cancelled or what not. I've jumped on the buffy comics wagon many many times, lmao, but i'm more of a fan of willow than buffy so the last series i got there was the WIllow one which was really good and i read some of the recent stuff with Willow daughter but then i got confused because i guess i missed an issue or two and then all of a sudden they are in an alternate reality and willow is like the slayer and buffy has no powers and i just don't have the energy... lol and all that is to basically say i like what gage wrote on buffy and this is fun and i like what's i like. lmao
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

You know what i find most fascinating about Claremont latest interview about Gambit posted in his thread. We see ororo using powers but claremont himself says in the interview that storm is not even a teenager yet and specifically says her mutant powers have not manifested which adds absolute credence to the fact that storm had some innate control over the natural weather that was not tied to her mutation so it would make absolute sense that her mutant powers are what bolsters her natural divine power to control the weather. wind rider indeed.
    Furthering the annoyance most of us feel when she's "depowered" by whatever means when she should still by all accounts have power avaliable to her.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Furthering the annoyance most of us feel when she's "depowered" by whatever means when she should still by all accounts have power avaliable to her.
    Exactly this. And it's not like it's new. Even in flash backs of her as a child we saw moments of her using elemental powers way before her official powers would manifest. Then he clearly states her mutant powers did not manifest until she reached the Serengeti which would have been when she turned 13 as she started the trek at twelve and it took a year. Then he reaffirmed it by having her have powers when she was preteen again during her journey with gambit and return to the xmen before reaging and then reaffirms it again in his interview. I find it fascinating Storm was actually a reckless god with her powers as a child and not a reckless mutant that is what brought balance to her abilities. There is just so much character there to delve into.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Though i actually have two theories on it. One is she is disconnected from that side of herself as once her mutant powers manifested she didn't train herself any longer in the natural use of her abilities instead drawing energies she wanted to simulate them. Thus back then it was more like "come on, work work." but when her mutant powers manifested it was subconscious and less than a thought.

2)Because of the mixture of them them combined and thus she had a "divine" x-gene now and the two are connected. Black panther sort of shot that theory down. so i guess three.

3)it costs? her mutant powers do not so you knows what it is to be a god but she doesn't want to get there that way. but in most cases it's subconscious. lmao. so really one.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Though i actually have two theories on it. One is she is disconnected from that side of herself as once her mutant powers manifested she didn't train herself any longer in the natural use of her abilities instead drawing energies she wanted to simulate them. Thus back then it was more like "come on, work work." but when her mutant powers manifested it was subconscious and less than a thought.

2)Because of the mixture of them them combined and thus she had a "divine" x-gene now and the two are connected. Black panther sort of shot that theory down. so i guess three.

3)it costs? her mutant powers do not so you knows what it is to be a god but she doesn't want to get there that way. but in most cases it's subconscious. lmao. so really one.
    A part of me still would like to think that it's the Earth itself protecting its "favorite daughter". A link so strong that nothing could break it.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Amazing Member

Claremont also showed us in his original run that she still had a connection with the earth and elemental powers after being shot with Forge's gun. At the time she chalked it up to the Bright Lady or Gaia's intervention but it was her and her divine power all along.

Storm also had a vision of the goddess during that same run when returning to Africa right before the Lifedeath 2 story. She thought that it was a vision of her mother in a divine form but maybe instead it was a vision of her as a complete goddess as she journeyed back to her homeland.

Claremont was such a storytelling master dropping seeds everywhere!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Claremont/Forge himself explained in story (around FotM?)...It was her subconscious reacting in those moments. Genetically she was cut off from fully accessing her powers but they still existed. They were still very much a part of her.

Nevertheless...

With Storm...as Claremont himself wrote...It was always a point of fact that she developed far earlier and faster than children at her same age. So it does make sense she would naturally exhibit mental acuity and physicality and power displays far earlier that other mutants. And that's not even taking into account her very particular lineage.
    When you really think on it, Storm is quite unlike any other mutant born in this century.

(It's a literary crime that no one in all the years have ever wanted to write a definitive story about her history and lineage)

I know one poster is positing that Maggie has some connection to FK but...given that Ororo's line goes all the way back to Ancient Egypt with Ashake and even before, it's theoretically possible that Storm is the one with true Arakki blood in her veins.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-17-2022 at 09:33 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!