Page 454 of 833 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 12488

After a period of absence,checking the previous messages made me think I was on the wrong page.Roguestorm appears more often in this discussion than she actually does. Give her some rest and maybe bring her in for some big fights.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Thats one thing that is bothering me in all this. Especially in the imx book. Charles has been made to look like the bad guy after sinister and ororo and kurt his loyal followers on the council. Like they dont have minds of their own they dont have their own thought processes, storm who famously called Xavier out on many occasions simply just votes this and that simply because xavier will vote that? Maybe we will get a reason in her pov issue but it still belong way coming. At least kurt has expressed his views on krakoa and his views on certain decisions in the quiet council and he even made one of the laws. But ororo still feels like she is just there to boost Charles's voting block. Hence one of the reasons I was advocating she step down from the qc and focus solely on arakko and the galactic council. But I guess her being in the qc is too much of an advantage for krakoa and gives them legitimate galactic ties.
    Yeah, I'm confused about that. We'll have to wait for Storm's POV to find out.According to XMR's current storm development, storm will vote more on arakkii's side.Not standing here with the bald bastard.Unless there's a stake we don't know about.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    After a period of absence,checking the previous messages made me think I was on the wrong page.Roguestorm appears more often in this discussion than she actually does. Give her some rest and maybe bring her in for some big fights.
    I wont be surprised if we see rouge storm again maybe this time more aptly named. Ewing said that the amenth line was a question to the fact that storm is more willing to be ruthless now and this will likely come into play in the great ring fight or the vulcan vs storm fight.

Yeah, I'm confused about that. We'll have to wait for Storm's POV to find out.According to XMR's current storm development, storm will vote more on arakkii's side.Not standing here with the bald bastard.Unless there's a stake we don't know about.
    Yeah they should explain why storm is still unwavering when siding with charles.

I wont be surprised if we see rouge storm again maybe this time more aptly named. Ewing said that the amenth line was a question to the fact that storm is more willing to be ruthless now and this will likely come into play in the great ring fight or the vulcan vs storm fight.
    Ororo has held heartless girl down for too long. Let her play! Or at least give her a taste of Arakko's fresh air!

Ororo has held heartless girl down for too long. Let her play! Or at least give her a taste of Arakko's fresh air!
    Yep I wont mind seeing a more violent storm. It is kinda one of the points of the arc she went through under Claremont that sometimes violence is the answer and that's ohk. You just have to be wise to discern when it is needed and have a moderation.

Yep I wont mind seeing a more violent storm. It is kinda one of the points of the arc she went through under Claremont that sometimes violence is the answer and that's ohk. You just have to be wise to discern when it is needed and have a moderation.
    Yes, she needs to get used to being ruthless, not just restrained. It's not good for her health.

Speaking of Rougestorm I have made a big discovery!
    I know this might be long but I emplore all to read

So, After listening to the cerebro podcast a seccond time, the host makes it very clear that pheonix was a tie to Jewish mysticism which is Claremont's heritage. Jean becoming the pheonix was her transcending the sephiroth (the tree of life) and becoming essentially an infinite being who is an omniversal constant Aka the pheonix. This apparently was perfectly exemplified by the term jean uses when she meets storm during the first inferno arc and when she is resurrected in hox #5, storm ask jean "is it really you?" And she answers "I am the only me that ever was" the host said it is very similar to the phrase that encapsulates the very zenith of the sephiroth aka KETHER THE CROWN ( I Am That I Am )

BobAkxP.jpg

It is quoted as the...
    Keter (Hebrew: כֶּתֶר‎ (help·info), keṯer "crown") also known as Kether, is the topmost of the sephirot of the Tree of Life in Kabbalah. Since its meaning is "crown", it is interpreted as both the "topmost" of the Sephirot and the "regal crown" of the Sephirot. It is between Chokhmah and Binah (with Chokhmah on the right and Binah on the left) and it sits above Tiferet. It is usually given three paths, to Chokhmah, Tiferet and Binah. Keter is so sublime, it is called in the Zohar "the most hidden of all hidden things", and is completely incomprehensible to man. It is also described as absolute compassion, and Moses ben Jacob Cordovero describes it as the source of the 13 Supernal Attributes of Mercy.

Keter is invisible and colorless.[1]
    Now how does this relate back to Rouge storm? Because when claremoth claremoth wrote rouge storm he had her literally state to peter that ... "I AM THAT I AM, LITTLE BROTHER, I AM POWER"

Attachment 122214

It is boldly written there, she states she is KETHER ( I am that I am) an evolution beyond all comprehension. Suddenly claremoths statement about pheonix and storm being equal and he making pheonix with ororo's power level all makes sense. He was in interviews on this and in this context his interview makes crazy sense now...

it was 1979 from Rampage Magazine(UK)

The interviewer (someone called Richard Burton, I'll abbreviate it to RB) is asking Chris various questions, working through the characters...

"RB: Storm next...

Chris Claremont: Storm is basically what she is...a goddess, a three-dimensional goddess, if such a thing is possible.

RB: When the new X-Men first appeared Storm was probably the most powerful and dramatic member. Do you feel now that she's been slightly upstaged by Phoenix?

Chris Claremont: No. In equal terms of raw power, they're approximately equal.

Jean can maintain a higher burst...she can peak higher than Storm but she can't hold it for long. The thing with Storm is that all we've done till now is show her throwing lightning bolts and creating hurricanes, but she can do far more. Phoenix is more visual - the 'bird effect' is more spectacular. So the gist of it is that they complement each other. They do different things in different ways."
    This is something I have kept noticing in the krakoan era too that the tendency for charachters to call storm a goddess has greatly increased. You couple that with knull saying she was the most powerful of all his avatars and the fact that storm's mind scape literally sits atop the baobab tree which in is regarded as THE TREE OF LIFE in many African tribes and beliefs. And a fitting name as the tree endures in even the harshest environment and can live for thousands of years oh and its fire resistant. Remember the mind scape on the tree was in a vast field the serengetii with the Diadem the literal crown at the very top among the stars.
    Screenshot_20220626-105035_Chrome.jpg

Hickman wanting to use the sephiroth but respect ororo's African heritage hence the baobab aka the tree of life. Ewing saying that his plans with storn is something that has been in the works for quiet a long while by many and him saying he has been researching on Jewish mysticism among others to flesh out his full plan. Like it was always right, there! The pieces were always there we simply needed a different angle. But once the podcast host mentioned the sephiroth and I did a little digging it all made perfect sense. Why rouge storm was talking about being infinite. Why she said that the infinite power of the crystal of ultimate vision was a power she had only experienced once before alluding to the rougestorm transformation. Why storm says she can sometimes perceive the very core of creation, Why she was saying she has no limits why her voice was stated to be the voice of rolling thunder. The only figure in all of Judaism that has that voice is Yaweh the god of the Israelites. I dont think she was joking when she said she had no limits... I think there and then she really had none! The only difference was that claremot wanted to emphasize that storm might be the zenith with power but her true strength comes form her unwavering will which is literally the very essence of keter the crown, the will.
    Last edited by Reigna; 06-26-2022 at 04:58 AM.

Is there any original website or paper interview for this report from 1979?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I would absolutely love for roguestorm to make a reappearance. her hair was made of fire and so was storm on the cover of the axe book. maybe that is her controlled roguestorm form!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Is there any original website or paper interview for this report from 1979?
    I have dug and dug and dug couldn't find anything. But from the interview where he says he tailored the pheonix to ororo's power level it makes sense. He has her say this thing about the ability to transcend the very being and her see it happen before.
    RCO012_1469298523.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would absolutely love for roguestorm to make a reappearance. her hair was made of fire and so was storm on the cover of the axe book. maybe that is her controlled roguestorm form!!
    She was all the elements her voice rolling thunder her breath fire and ice she was one with the entire planet, all its myriad elemental forces was hers to command. Claremot was really on the nose there.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Absolutely, I wish there were more examples of Storm manipulating heat energy.

MCU AvX

J(Thor)
    Drop from the sky, swinging her hammer
    "What are you gonna do,Make it rain?"

MCU(Storm)"......"

The sky grows dark. With a tidlewave of vehicles J(Thor) is being bombarded my cars and trucks hailing from the sky.

J(Thor) take a couple of swings but is overwhelmed and knocked out of the fight.

[Cut scenes]

MCU(Storm) calls lighting From the sky on top of the pile of vehicles, causing such a massive explosion the shatter windows from all near by building and skyscrapers.
    Flys away.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 06-26-2022 at 11:26 AM.

BANNED

Yeah they should explain why storm is still unwavering when siding with charles.
    She’s not unwavering when it comes to Charles. After Destiny spoke to the council in Immortal XMen the entire council was against Charles. They let Hole keep the helmet and did not kick Mystique off the council, as Charles wanted.