Page 351 of 833 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 12488
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Blerd Review of X-Men Red #2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BPi9_M55tUM

All the reviews I’ve read are positive. The book is well received!
    he does great reviews. its the only one I've seen though. need to look for others.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Just wanted to drop a totaly biased opinion on the Storm vs. Vulcan fight from X-men Red.

Ever since Deadly Genesis i could not give a damn about Vulcan.
    He came from nowhere, getting retconned into X-men history via an, in my opinion, mediocre story that tried to alter the backround of a much more important and impactfull story in the X-men franchise (what ever Giant Size was as good quality wise as some claim is debatable), which was just adding to the "Xavier is actualy a massive jerk and hypocrite" characterization that has become worse since the 2000's, all so there could be a secret 3rd Summer's Brother who is also mega powerfull (much more than his brothers who are actualy developed and prominent characters), who then went on to basicly Squatch Match a bunch of established characters to remind the reader how powerfull he is.

Everything about his "rise" to power and prominence felt artifical and "unearned" to me and everytime he appears i check out. There is no fascination, intrigue, interest or even love to hate about the character from me, just annoyed apathy.

So seeing Storm, a character who "earned" all her power and had them developed to that state and level of complexity over decades of continuity, putting him in place quickly, in a perfectly functional way that doesn't need out of nowhere elements, was basicly one of the more enjoyable appearances of Vulcan to me. Sure he will stay around and Ewing will (likely futily) try to expand him as character and perhaps give him a more dramatic rematch down the line, but for the moment this was great.

That being said, i do wonder about an opinion of you good Storm fans.

Which established character would you consider "worthy" of being able to go up against Storm and potentialy win?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Just wanted to drop a totaly biased opinion on the Storm vs. Vulcan fight from X-men Red.

Ever since Deadly Genesis i could not give a damn about Vulcan.
    He came from nowhere, getting retconned into X-men history via an, in my opinion, mediocre story that tried to alter the backround of a much more important and impactfull story in the X-men franchise (what ever Giant Size was as good quality wise as some claim is debatable), which was just adding to the "Xavier is actualy a massive jerk and hypocrite" characterization that has become worse since the 2000's, all so there could be a secret 3rd Summer's Brother who is also mega powerfull (much more than his brothers who are actualy developed and prominent characters), who then went on to basicly Squatch Match a bunch of established characters to remind the reader how powerfull he is.

Everything about his "rise" to power and prominence felt artifical and "unearned" to me and everytime he appears i check out. There is no fascination, intrigue, interest or even love to hate about the character from me, just annoyed apathy.

So seeing Storm, a character who "earned" all her power and had them developed to that state and level of complexity over decades of continuity, putting him in place quickly, in a perfectly functional way that doesn't need out of nowhere elements, was basicly one of the more enjoyable appearances of Vulcan to me. Sure he will stay around and Ewing will (likely futily) try to expand him as character and perhaps give him a more dramatic rematch down the line, but for the moment this was great.

That being said, i do wonder about an opinion of you good Storm fans.

Which established character would you consider "worthy" of being able to go up against Storm and potentialy win?
    I still choose the easy answer.

Uranos is an enemy storm cannot defeat alone.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Agree with GT 100. Deadly Genesis was a contrived **** retcon to introduce **** characters. (Say what you want, you will not convince me otherwise)
    As much as they're now "canon" and "fan favourites" Vulcan and Co. will always be less-than characters to me. So I'm not even going to waste time and energy shouting and arguing with idiots who clearly don't know or want to know better. Let them wear their stupidity and ignorance like a HFG outfit for all I care...they'll still look and sound like rubbish.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Got to admit, the "fan service" excuse is a new one to me.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    But in a way you have just given it life here. No offense but I don't see the point of bringing it into an appreciation thread. I would have preferred never having to read unless that person has posted it here for it to happen. Just seems like unnecessary negative energy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But in a way you have just given it life here. No offense but I don't see the point of bringing it into an appreciation thread. I would have preferred never having to read unless that person has posted it here for it to happen. Just seems like unnecessary negative energy.
    I get your point but it's not like this is something new for anyone to read and be upset about. If anything I'm sure it'll provide a few "lols" at the reaching involved when it comes to trying to undersell Storm's abilities.

But again, I do get your point, Jwatt. <3

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

They don’t even have their facts straight, Vulcan never won against Gladiator…… Gladiator was serving him out of loyalty for the shi’ar royal family after he married deathbird.
    Last edited by Daedra; 05-21-2022 at 11:51 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

people who think like this simply don't know how her powers work and dont know all she has done in canon. storm has defeated trion, death, adversary, houses eternity in her consciousness as well as an army of the lethal legion, where only one of those members easily dispatched gladiator. vulcan doesn't have any feats that compare to Ororo. people bern underestimating her abilities for far too long. so happy to see she is getting the respect she has rightfully deserved.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    They don’t even have their facts straight, Vulcan never won against Gladiator…… Gladiator was serving him out of loyalty for the shi’ar royal family after he married deathbird.
    I mean he later raged holy hell that Vulcan couldn't absorb Storm's lightning. You know, the lightning that was all his power that Storm had control over and snuffed it out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    people who think like this simply don't know how her powers work and dont know all she has done in canon. storm has defeated trion, death, adversary, houses eternity in her consciousness as well as an army of the lethal legion, where only one of those members easily dispatched gladiator. vulcan doesn't have any feats that compare to Ororo. people bern underestimating her abilities for far too long. so happy to see she is getting the respect she has rightfully deserved.
    I'm just still on cloud 9. Not just about this but just the fact that Storm is finally in the hands of a writer that is capable of writing all aspects of her character. Not one that's just going to give flashy feats and no story or one that's going to name drop a title and then proceed to do nothing with her *Cough* Duggan-Marauders *Cough*.

What makes this hilarious is that the only true difference between Storm and Vulcan's power is the effects and the need for the energies to be the "natural order" of her surroundings. I love the TEARS.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Think about it. Storm is never truly powerless regardless of her surroundings. Unless Vulcan decided to fight her with some form of energy not native to the universe I don't see how he was gonna out will her
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Delicious*chefs kiss*
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-21-2022 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    My nephew seems to think someone name Coco Jones should play the part. I am not familiar with her work, but she's 5'10" and more melaninated that Ms. Stenberg. She's worked for Disney before. Can anyone speak tp her acting chops? I don't trust my nephew's opinion as I don't think he's thinking with the right head, if you get my drift. lol

Attachment 121119
    She ain't a bad actress but I've watched her very long time ago. These days, I don't know how much experience she has under the belt but when I saw her in one of the Disney Shows she was meh to mediocre to okay as an actress.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Uranos is a far more powerful than other Eternal, and we don't have a problem with him singling out multiple Omega level mutants.
    I agree, but will he be able to kick Storm's butt is what I wonder since now when we have Storm beating Vulcan who has beaten a lot powerful characters in the past like Black Bolt, Adam Warlock and so on. Storm is on an entirely different level. I wonder if that has something to do with her semi-energy form on one of the issue covers.

After vulcan I am not going to doubt ororo under ewings pen again. Theorizing is fun but it kinda made the storm Vulcan battle feel underwhelming to me at first till I fully processed it. So I think we should wait on the issue. But Gain theorizing is superfan and hyped us up for the book.