Page 380 of 833 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Oh, is this still going on?

I suggest reserving some words.It's a long year.
    Exactly especially when it's apples and oranges. Storm took that sword to protect all reality including wakanda, tchalla did not put nehzno there to protect storm or to protect mutants or arrako so it's a whole different ball game and whole different reasoning so the argument isn't even making much sense. Now if it's rewritten or added later that he was protecting storm okay, a better argument could be made but one could also say he didn't think she could take care of herself. A lot of reaching.

And the funny part is I remember people ripping into her in this very thread over it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-28-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

All-New Member

So after reading the first issue of Legion of X… the first thing that comes to mind is that how will the Arakki react to Storm being a God and having some followers on earth?

Quote Originally Posted by marvinstorm View Post
    So after reading the first issue of Legion of X… the first thing that comes to mind is that how will the Arakki react to Storm being a God and having some followers on earth?
    She is already know as she who tamed the circle over in red by the arraki. So that in of itself could already mean a host of things.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    If can think of dozens of justifications for Storm's actions, why can't think of justifications for T'challa's actions? See, they are two leaders of nations that antagonize each other, there is a need for state secrecy and, just as Ororo had his reasons based on his conception as a reader (which I configure to be something very individual), T'challa also has his and everything is fine.
    once again nothing but fact. some will go out of their way to justify what storm did when in fact that sword wasn't needed to save the world. it was all a game for Saturnyne who was mostly doing all of that because she in her feels over captain Britain. What ororo did when she stole that sword when tchalla would have given it to her had she waited is inexcusable. So if tchalla can't do what he is doing to save lives ororo shouldn't be able to either. at either rate great point.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-28-2022 at 11:48 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    She is already know as she who tamed the circle over in red by the arraki. So that in of itself could already mean a host of things.
    I love how storm being so relatively new to the arrakkii has changed so much about their world. tanimg the Circle, no more thrones.... our girl is such a boss.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

What lives did T'challa save? Last I checked he put lives at risk and several of his most trusted friends and associates died. Storm neeedd the sword to enter the tournament and to fight as without it she would have been at a disadvantage after she was drugged by Death. Folks forget Storm was fighting a war with a cosmic hangover. But somehow that's inexcusable but training up a child soldier to kill her people is excusable. Make it make sense. Last I checked Storm helped to save the world from the Amenthi horde while T'challa helped to save the world from nothing including his paranoia. Folks died because he put them at risk.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 05-28-2022 at 12:23 PM.

Exactly especially when it's apples and oranges. Storm took that sword to protect all reality including wakanda, tchalla did not put nehzno there to protect storm or to protect mutants or arrako so it's a whole different ball game and whole different reasoning so the argument isn't even making much sense. Now if it's rewritten or added later that he was protecting storm okay, a better argument could be made but one could also say he didn't think she could take care of herself. A lot of reaching.

And the funny part is I remember people ripping into her in this very thread over it.
    Agree with you.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

In regards to Storm, BP, and the Vibranium sword: that was a completely unnecessary attempt at what ended up being sub-par drama. Like, Storm just helped save Wakanda and the world from Emperor N'Jadaka...just give her the damn sword and keep it moving. There was absolutely no need to have Storm and Shuri get into a scrap. Hopefully this gets forgotten about and is never touched on.

In regards to Gentle being a sleeper agent: I'm ok with T'Challa doing this. Mutant leadership has always been fragile and fickle, so I don't blame T'Challa for thinking ahead. At the same time, I would be a-ok if it is revealed the mutants have a sleeper agent in Wakanda, since Wakanda seems to have a revolt and/or coup every other week.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Yeah it is Apples and Oranges. You can't really justify what T'Challa did to Storm's people as a "Noble" thing when it's based on Paranoia. Where as Storm's was that Demons were going to KILL EVERYONE if she didn't help stop it. LOL.
    All in all it was just written badly now that I look back.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 05-28-2022 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    What lives did T'challa save? Last I checked he put lives at risk and several of his most trusted friends and associates died. Storm neeedd the sword to enter the tournament and to fight as without it she would have been at a disadvantage after she was drugged by Death. Folks forget Storm was fighting a war with a cosmic hangover. But somehow that's inexcusable but training up a child soldier to kill her people is excusable. Make it make sense. Last I checked Storm helped to save the world from the Amenthi horde while T'challa helped to save the world from nothing including his paranoia. Folks died because he put them at risk.

this all seems really out of touch with what Ridley is writing. can't wait for Wednesday so it can be revealed led what Ororo's actual thoughts are in this situation. the fact she is still waving his life makes me believe she will not see this anywhere close to how you just described it.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    In regards to Storm, BP, and the Vibranium sword: that was a completely unnecessary attempt at what ended up being sub-par drama. Like, Storm just helped save Wakanda and the world from Emperor N'Jadaka...just give her the damn sword and keep it moving. There was absolutely no need to have Storm and Shuri get into a scrap. Hopefully this gets forgotten about and is never touched on.

In regards to Gentle being a sleeper agent: I'm ok with T'Challa doing this. Mutant leadership has always been fragile and fickle, so I don't blame T'Challa for thinking ahead. At the same time, I would be a-ok if it is revealed the mutants have a sleeper agent in Wakanda, since Wakanda seems to have a revolt and/or coup every other week.
    1. absolutely correct. that vita story was so contrived and out of sync with all we saw in black panther by Mr Coates. it was as if none of the years of interaction had ever happened. storm would not have lied and stole from.wakanda and shuri would have just given it to her.. it was so silly.. thank the goddess no one not even the xoffices have referenced that train wreck of a story since it dropped.

2. I believe krakoa has done a similar thing as shown in the xforce titles with sleeper cells type stories but I could be wrong. also even if tchalla had given gentle word to attack krakoa!Arrako I highly doubt gentle would have done this. I mean look at how he told, presumably, ororo everything about what tchalla has been up to.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-28-2022 at 04:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

Espionage is a regular part of statecraft. Both T’Challa and Storm would be dumb to think their respective nations haven’t been trying to infiltrate the other. Perhaps Storm didn’t expect said espionage to hit so close to home considering Nezhno is her protege, but that doesn’t invalidate how mundane T’Challa’s actions are (despite the writer’s lame attempts to convince us otherwise). Gentle’s purpose is to lay low and integrate into Krakoa so in the (unlikely) event it becomes a threat to Wakanda he can do damage.

The program is entirely defensive in nature, which is actually an improvement over Krakoa’s own intelligence network which inadvertently caused the ecological destruction and genocide of an entire Latin American country. In fact it’s so defensive in nature the sleeper agents could start families, build legitimate careers, etc. so it’s really not that serious. It’s not even apparent how often or if they were ever activated. Gentle certainly wasn’t and he’s been with the X-Men for years. Is it murky? Sure. But outside the moral messiness of T’Challa selecting a child to be a spy this is basic stuff.

If Storm and T’Challa are gonna be a couple with their current responsibilities they’re gonna have to accept a level of duplicity and non communication about state actions. Which is probably why they shouldn’t be together and why there’s a good chance they break up at some point. Because the fact T’Challa had a spy among the X-Men isn’t the problem, it’s the fact he chose someone close to his lover. That’s a step further than just spying. I’d even say you could reasonably assume that T’Challa believes if the X-Men ever went against Wakanda and the spies needed to be activated that Storm would be one of the first targets. That’s a lot to just tolerate in a relationship if that were the case.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-28-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this all seems really out of touch with what Ridley is writing. can't wait for Wednesday so it can be revealed led what Ororo's actual thoughts are in this situation. the fact she is still waving his life makes me believe she will not see this anywhere close to how you just described it.

1. absolutely correct. that vita story was so contrived and out of sync with all we saw in black panther by Mr Coates. it was as if none of the years of interaction had ever happened. storm would not have lied and stole from.wakanda and shuri would have just given it to her.. it was so silly.. thank the goddess no one not even the xoffices have referenced that train wreck of a story since it dropped.

2. I believe krakoa has done a similar thing as shown in the xforce titles with sleeper cells type stories but I could be wrong. also even if tchalla had given gentle word to attack krakoa!Arrako I highly doubt gentle would have done this. I mean look at how he told, presumably, ororo everything about what tchalla has been up to.
    The way I described it was accurate. T'challa sent in a child soldier as a sleeper agent. You think that's worse than Storm beating up Shuri and stealing a sword. Storm's eyes are being written in a way that minimizes her voice and have nothing to do with this discussion right now. I have no idea how she will respond, all I know is Ridley actually agrees with me with only a few agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yeah it is Apples and Oranges. You can't really justify what T'Challa did to Storm's people as a "Noble" thing when it's based on Paranoia. Where as Storm's was that Demons were going to KILL EVERYONE if she didn't help stop it. LOL.
    All in all it was just written badly now that I look back.
    It wasn't a noble thing but i don't have a problem with it nor did i have a problem with what Storm did. I just don't think the two situations are similar at all, at least not according to the story we have on both so far. I think chiefd summed it up pretty well. Beyond that i'm still more upset at Storm calling tchalla a basic man when he was doing everything right during Coates run, and that's on Coates. That's the main reason they won't work for me after giving them one last try and butterfly know i was reading and supporting hard at the time despite valid concerns from BP fans because i was eating decent. whenever someone wants to shift one wiill always look bad in the relationship and they will go too far, Reed/Sue and JEan/Scott would never get that and i can not and will not accept that from any pairing someone tries to pimp to me as soul mates and true love. Though i felt coates was the extreme to that idea because there was no shift, it was his story and i will NEVER understand the need for the scene with Storm berating Tchalla to Nakia as just being a basic dude. That's not love to me. Let me find out someone basically gave me away in a convo cause "they knew i was it." Naw, i'm out. It was an ugly scene and i still say that's why acuna drew her looking ugly when she delivered the line.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-28-2022 at 05:46 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I love how storm being so relatively new to the arrakkii has changed so much about their world. tanimg the Circle, no more thrones.... our girl is such a boss.
    Me too. Mother is truly doing that. I want to see Ewing pick up on Duggan having Storm/Arrako communicate to and see that explored more.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Other than Orchis? No. Even Orchis is pretty thin as a worthy adversary for the mutants. We've got millions of battle-hardened mutants from another dimension, plus a few hundred thousand Earth mutant, at least two dozen(if not many more) Omegas including reality warpers and god summoners, vs one Nimrod, Omega Sentinel, and their various nerds.

Yea, if you take out Nimrod I’m not even sure ORCHIS could fight off current X-Men team, let alone all of Krakoa. I think this story would’ve benefited from putting more evil, powerful mutants in Brand’s corner. But outside a few holdouts the Arakii seem to be falling in line and all the good mutant villains are either heroes or written in other books. Brand’s gonna need something crazy up her sleeve to not get taken out the picture within the next 5 issues (unless XMR isn’t meant to be a long series.)

Cuz I’m not gonna be hyped seeing Storm beat her current team after she just beat Vulcan tbh. And I still wanna dig into why she even chose to be Regent in the first place. Whenever writers get questioned about why she got the job they’re like “Because it’s Storm” but that really ain’t cutting it for me. I hope we get to see more of that introspection into her relationship with power other than just embracing another position and deciding she won’t be an oppressor.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-28-2022 at 05:50 PM.