Page 359 of 833 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 12488

Not sure if someone shared this yet but I saw it and thought it was cool:

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

That's gorgeous! Thanks for posting. I love the somber, quiet mood it gives off.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

that is gorgeous!!!! I love it!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So i'm watching the 90s X-Men animated series on Disney plus and its the episode "Deadly Reunions" when they face off in the warehouse against Magneto. I keep forgetting some of the things that make me roll my eyes until I get reminded by watching. Anyway so Storm shoots lightning at Magneto and he gets energized from it as he tells her "Have you forgotten that electricity and magnetism are related?". Lord tell me why Storm sat up there and shot him with more eletricity after he just told her ass what the deal was? Then he knocked her ass into a brick wall with a magnetic blast and made it fall on her. Her claustrophobia had her in diapers again. Also I don't remember but when did Storm get over her claustrophobia?
    That episode made her look weak af.

I don't know if you can point to one specific instance of Storm getting over her claustrophobia. It was more of a gradual thing. It still affected her quite badly in the 90s. But if I was forced to give a date I would say around the mid 2000s in Brubaker's Extremist arc is where she finally "conquered" it. She was imprisoned in a wooden box but she didn't panic, she remained calm and took control of the situation.

She was uneasy but that was about it, which I think is the right tact one should adhere to when addressing her claustrophobia. I think Coates made her regress too much in BP in regards to it, but other than that instance, she more or less has had a good handle on keeping it in check. Well as much as one can I suppose with something so traumatic. It's something she'll always have to struggle with.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I don't know if you can point to one specific instance of Storm getting over her claustrophobia. It was more of a gradual thing. It still affected her quite badly in the 90s. But if I was forced to give a date I would say around the mid 2000s in Brubaker's Extremist arc is where she finally "conquered" it. She was imprisoned in a wooden box but she didn't panic, she remained calm and took control of the situation.

She was uneasy but that was about it, which I think is the right tact one should adhere to when addressing her claustrophobia. I think Coates made her regress too much in BP in regards to it, but other than that instance, she more or less has had a good handle on keeping it in check. Well as much as one can I suppose with something so traumatic. It's something she'll always have to struggle with.
    Well in full disclosure he did have take a head injury before she was buried and in the dark. I don't see it as a regression so much as she was already not at her strongest mentally.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

This is beautiful and the somberness of it really hit close home.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    So i'm watching the 90s X-Men animated series on Disney plus and its the episode "Deadly Reunions" when they face off in the warehouse against Magneto. I keep forgetting some of the things that make me roll my eyes until I get reminded by watching. Anyway so Storm shoots lightning at Magneto and he gets energized from it as he tells her "Have you forgotten that electricity and magnetism are related?". Lord tell me why Storm sat up there and shot him with more eletricity after he just told her ass what the deal was? Then he knocked her ass into a brick wall with a magnetic blast and made it fall on her. Her claustrophobia had her in diapers again. Also I don't remember but when did Storm get over her claustrophobia?
    Lol I just rewatched that scene! Like why would she literally hit him with more lightning if it didn't work the first time? especially after homeboy literally just gave her ass a science lesson! And she hit that brick wall hard
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Storm for judgement day by Mark Brooks

She's really pretty
    IMG_20220524_035926.jpg

Painting a goddess. Speed video coming soon. #Storm #JudgementDay #Xmen #Ororo https://t.co/P3KF9B98aH

I mean it kinda makes sense to dumb down her and the other x-men for the sake of making ohk seem stronger. He was supposed to be the big bad so showing storm can take him out easily would have been a nuh uh for the creators. But it is dumb because she literally lives in a school she should know this. But its whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    It is possible. Guardians of the Galaxy started a new -and unfortunate- trend of them putting music in their movies to add to the comedy.
    Yep it was a sneak musical lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post

She's really pretty
    IMG_20220524_035926.jpg

Painting a goddess. Speed video coming soon. #Storm #JudgementDay #Xmen #Ororo https://t.co/P3KF9B98aH
    You were sick and still drawing goddess. God bless you Brooks.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

lolol and dumb af too qq

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    This is beautiful and the somberness of it really hit close home.
    I hope all is well sub! sending you virtual hugs.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

She's really pretty
    IMG_20220524_035926.jpg

On point as always.
    Like the depiction of her eyes/pupils.
    Always felt that the all-white eyes should be limited to when she's actively using her powers.

Incredible Member

She's really pretty
    IMG_20220524_035926.jpg

On point as always.
    Like the depiction of her eyes/pupils.
    Always felt that the all-white eyes should be limited to when she's actively using her powers.