Page 19 of 833 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119519 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lol loving the conversation. My 2 cents:

1. Whoever wrote that article on screen rant doesn't know Storm at all. She's manipulated pressure so many times on panel so this being a 'new' power is ridiculous. Blowing up buildings, BP and Beast's inner ear, pressure domes, creating low level pressure to slowly suffocate Magneto, etc. I usually like that site but they lost points for that overblown article.

2. Storm vs Vulcan is interesting. Storm controls both energy and physical matter of the atmosphere. It makes me think of the time when Polaris crushed Vulcan's armor on his body. She just manipulated the metal in a tactically intelligent way that was quite effective, debilitating and visually impressive. I don't know if a fight with him and Storm would need to become a tug of war over energy, which to me would be less tactical considering Storm should think about that (of the risks to the environment). And I don't think Vulcan would want to make the fight hand to hand. I think Storm should destroy him handily if he tried to make it a fist fight (I don't recall any showings for him outside of brawling with BB).

At range I think she should be thinking creative and strategically. Like thunderclaps (like how she sent Bludgeon and Cudgel through a wall and then some) and hard to evade since he won't see it coming. Or the F5 tornado where she broke all the bones in Forge's mutate's body. Or Internal hax - dropping the pressure of the flow of blood to his brain to cause him to pass out, expanding the pressure inside him, or electrical impulses in his brain. Something creative along those lines if she opted for physically based attacks that he couldn't really counter. At least not easily or before it takes effect.
    Didn't she also contain the explosion of a nuclear bomb as it detonated in one of her pressure fields? No nose bleed then, right? Sorry, I hate the nose bleed trope, so over done with BIPOC characters (ex. Bonnie Bennet on TVD).

She did pass out afterwards. Her and Rachel both. But only Rachel bled.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-12-2022 at 12:28 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian_Sol View Post
    Didn't she also contain the explosion of a nuclear bomb as it detonated in one of her pressure fields? No nose bleed then, right? Sorry, I hate the nose bleed trope, so over done with BIPOC characters (ex. Bonnie Bennet on TVD).
    Actually Ewing subverted the trope. He made it such that she was not bleeding because she was hitting her limit. She was bleeding because she was trying to hold back her power. As in she is sooo powerful that holding back actually hurts her and causes her nose to bleed. But people dont like reading the text in front of them so they simply assumed it was because she was at her limit.

Fun fact! The average cumulus cloud weighs 1.1 million pounds or 500 tons.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I don't think it's pis, she's extremely powerful, but unfortunately she suffers from misuse by the writers, having huge potential, I've seen her do things I've never seen Magneto do, although it was said that Lorna would surpass the your father's levels. Lately Magneto isn't doing much of an omega thing, I hope it changes, but most writers just focus on his Metal Manipulation, I think that's pretty lazy seeing as he has great feats using magnetism, I wouldn't mind Erik splitting the omega status with Polaris, as in regards to their electromagnetic powers the two are described as "pole opposites"
    I dont like getting into those two Polaris fans say she is more powerful than her father and magneto fans say the opposite. The think I would chalk it up to is power output magneto has affected celestial bodies and the entire planet on occasion polaris on the other hand barely has planetary feats. Now mag's planetary feats some are amped but the very few which aren't are extremely impressive. Plus it is cannon that his magnetic powers are essentially limitless ala breakworld bullet feat.

Anyways, yes she is extremely powerful and yeah mr. Vulcan can be affected by energy if he is not trying to absorb it, but mind you his omega power is not energy absorption it is energy manipulation. He has power over basically all forms of enrgy even that of the mkran crystal and other esoteric sources. He can even control magic. To say that polaris overpowered him with her own energy is well a big pill to swallow . But canon is Canon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Yeah death battle did the calculations and figured that energy needed to create a planetary storm is in the exatons of TNT. Energy powerful enough to obliterate the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She did pass out afterwards. Her and Rachel both. But only Rachel bled.
    Yeah I think that was one of the reasons ewing did what he did. He is a big continuity nerd and his statement of storm finding it difficult to hold back when using her abilities to this extent at least explains why she doesn't create pressure domes to defend herself willy nilly as her control of the weather at starting point is global. Weak explanation but an explanation nonetheless.

China's "artificial sun" has set a new world record after superheating a loop of plasma to temperatures five times hotter than the sun. It does it by fusing hydrogen atoms to make helium under extremely high pressures and temperatures, so-called main-sequence stars are able to convert matter into light and heat, generating enormous amounts of energy. Couldn't Storm do this? or has she already on a smaller scale in the Storm and Thor story?
    Thor and Storm story aside, I've always said that creating Stars should be possible with her type of weather manipulation. She observes natural phenomenon and their inner workings. By observing, she's able to replicate what she sees which is how she was able to create lightning (explained in X-treme X-men) Nothing would be stopping her from observing the processes that goes on inside a star much like our sun and then replicating it. We already know she controls atoms. It's just a matter of how far writers are willing to let her go
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Thor and Storm story aside, I've always said that creating Stars should be possible with her type of weather manipulation. She observes natural phenomenon and their inner workings. By observing, she's able to replicate what she sees which is how she was able to create lightning (explained in X-treme X-men) Nothing would be stopping her from observing the processes that goes on inside a star much like our sun and then replicating it. We already know she controls atoms. It's just a matter of how far writers are willing to let her go
    The logical end point to storms abilities due to their nature enables her to relocate and manipulate almost any kind of natural phenomena. Stars neigh galaxies are literally birthed from huge clouds of hydrogen gas and dust. These clouds are the very foundation for all observable matter in the universe. The processes that leads to the evolution and developments of galaxies are very similar to ones found in weather systems on earth. Relatively cold gas flows into the galactic centre whilst hot gas flows out, the hot gas then cools and falls back down into the outer edges of the galaxy. This process controls the star formation processes of galaxies. This has lead some scientist to dub the whole thing as galactic weather. Galactic super winds and such.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-12-2022 at 08:38 AM.

I doubt it. The converting EM into microwaves part. But I think she could likely manipulate microwaves. We haven’t seen it on panel though. Part of me also would love to see Storm play with the chemical make up of the atmosphere or in space to create hyper acidic rain ir flashflood she could direct at a target. Or toxic gases, fog or mists to combine with her winds. Not many opponents could withstand that if she knows the limitations of their physiology.
    Oh I see, that would be very interesting, I've heard that it generated acid rain, although I've never seen it do something like that..

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Has Vulcan ever countered being frozen solid? Can’t manipulate or absorb energy if he doesn’t even have time to react. Storm can flash freeze him in an instant like she did here and to others. And even if he could absorb it, it wouldn’t be instantaneous, it would take him a while to absorb ice and in that time Storm could destroy him with a physical attack.

This is a good point, although Vulcan is extremely powerful, he manipulates energy with his mind, just like Storm, I think he can feel them too, so he could feel the energy falling around him, keep thinking about this fight, me give head..

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Which Storm/Thor story might that be? Title and issue, please.
    It was in The Power of Light (2021), Storm that in addition to giving life, established a stable atmosphere for a favorable weather, and twinning the lands, she presented the Skrulls with light "for every day", the interesting thing is that the planet it was very far from any sun, deducing that it created a small star.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yeah death battle did the calculations and figured that energy needed to create a planetary storm is in the exatons of TNT. Energy powerful enough to obliterate the moon.
    Love these little facts about weather events! Storm is a true force of nature.

Incredible Member

I doubt it. The converting EM into microwaves part. But I think she could likely manipulate microwaves. We haven’t seen it on panel though. Part of me also would love to see Storm play with the chemical make up of the atmosphere or in space to create hyper acidic She rain ir flashflood she could direct at a target. Or toxic gases, fog or mists to combine with her winds. Not many opponents could withstand that if she knows the limitations of their physiology.
    She also has manipulated microwaves such as using the full power of the sun on the sentinel or galactic core

Marvel Voices Legacy #1 variant cover

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...42873140400133

Incredible Member

7C9FB303-36E3-4375-A98F-7B1FFAB427D5.jpg

Ororo and tchalla daughter
    Comic Dark ages