Page 48 of 833 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast

While i still enjoy the marvels and overall think it was a good issue yeah, i can't wank that scene with Storm after each other person got taken down in a tactile way. The only way i can wank it is she didn't have enough time to adjust but even that is a bit far fetched given the ways he could have had her taken out. It says to me he either has not followed most of her recent stories or her solo or i don't know i'd have to see if the script specifically said electricity because it does seem off when he could have used so many options, so yeah. Also some of the dialogue was a bit, dated? Like Lady lotus talking about how american women want women to be humble. like girl, you need to come for a visit. lol

One offense i can't let go though is he has two of the best theives in the world on this team and those are the restraints chosen. I wonder if there is a metaness hidden in here because yeah i don't want to use the word sloppy. I meant granted Storm was incapacitated but felicia (Blackcat) stuck in a standard looking prison cage. come on now. lol

edit: but it was still a 7.5/10 for me. just fun old school type of team up. i mean the open space line was a little annoying too but eh. i look forward to the next issue. this is the x-cellent i guess are my nostalgia fun so i don't know if i should be recommending either because i just like them cause i do and i don't really get the same sort of feeling that they are trying to be more than just what they are so it's cool. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-02-2022 at 10:29 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I've heard that Xoffice has plans to explore Bobby's divinity (possibly in a solo series)... That's fine with him, but what about Storm? *sanding the nail*

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I've heard that Xoffice has plans to explore Bobby's divinity (possibly in a solo series)... That's fine with him, but what about Storm? *sanding the nail*
    Well it can only mean good things for storm because of they are going to do a modern divinity story for bobby and still not explore storm divinity it definitely addes credence to it's better to be gay and white (and i do know how that can sound but think about what i am actually saying to those who this will offend) than black and anything and i hate to say it but sometimes just just got to say what it will look like. Maybe it will be explored together in x-men red though. who knows.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

you gotta be kidding me right? where did you hear this? I love how folks talked about storms being rabid fans for calling her a goddess and now writers are trying to make everyone a god. lolol I love it.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-02-2022 at 12:09 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

As a hardcore Bobby stan I'm just saying I do not see any indication that's in the pipeline unless there's been inferences made because he beat up frost giants that usually fight Thor in the final issue of Marauders? *Shrugs* Idk, but even if that's what that's based on I think that would be more just an exploration of his power levels than anything else. I'm pretty sure I've read every issue Bobby's ever showed up in, lol, and I will be first in line to say umm wtf if they do pull an actual 'divinity' angle for him specifically.

As has been discussed a lot in this particular thread, divinity carries specific connotations and isn't just a matter of power, and all Bobby's top tier stories I can think of, delving into his ultimate potential, like they still just examine him as a being of enormous elemental power, the potential equivalent of someone like the father of the frost giants Ymir - who while a mythological figure has never actually been WORSHIPPED to any degree....a key element of divinity.

LOL sorry I just don't want Storm and Iceman fans to feel pitted against each other based on the idea of a god Bobby arc.....I want good things for my fave always, lol, but I 100% do not believe there's any danger of him beating Storm to any kind of godhood storyline. I mean if that ends up happening, I'll happily eat some crow and cape for it like a fool with massive apologies to Storm fans for turning on a dime and being a total hypocrite, fhalkfhklfhalkfa (no I'm kidding, I swear, I won't actually do that, at most I'll just be like damn, can't believe my crystal ball failed me like this, but yeah we don't actually need a story like that IMO), I just don't see it as likely.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 02-02-2022 at 12:20 PM.

*takes a long drag of cigarette *
    Exhaled slowly

I guess everyone is going to become a god now. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    As a hardcore Bobby stan I'm just saying I do not see any indication that's in the pipeline unless there's been inferences made because he beat up frost giants that usually fight Thor in the final issue of Marauders? *Shrugs* Idk, but even if that's what that's based on I think that would be more just an exploration of his power levels than anything else. I'm pretty sure I've read every issue Bobby's ever showed up in, lol, and I will be first in line to say umm wtf if they do pull an actual 'divinity' angle for him specifically.

As has been discussed a lot in this particular thread, divinity carries specific connotations and isn't just a matter of power, and all Bobby's top tier stories I can think of, delving into his ultimate potential, like they still just examine him as a being of enormous elemental power, the potential equivalent of someone like the father of the frost giants Ymir - who while a mythological figure has never actually been WORSHIPPED to any degree....a key element of divinity.

LOL sorry I just don't want Storm and Iceman fans to feel pitted against each other based on the idea of a god Bobby arc.....I want good things for my fave always, lol, but I 100% do not believe there's any danger of him beating Storm to any kind of godhood storyline. I mean if that ends up happening, I'll happily eat some crow and cape for it like a fool with massive apologies to Storm fans for turning on a dime and being a total hypocrite, fhalkfhklfhalkfa (no I'm kidding, I swear, I won't actually do that, we don't actually need a story like that IMO), I just don't see it as likely.
    I mean in all honesty Bobby would make more sense than Tony Stark and i like Tony Stark it's just strictly the optics no matter the character but i personally felt the same way when they all of a sudden made eddie brock one but thats not the x-office but somehow it's too much power to explore for storm so answering purely on the story bring that in the x-office with any character, even Siryn and i love me some siryn still comes off a little like "but what they said was." lol. But i would hope no one in the Storm fandom would take that out on her Pupil (elemental training) that funnily is also her senior(x-men). lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Well it can only mean good things for storm because of they are going to do a modern divinity story for bobby and still not explore storm divinity it definitely addes credence to it's better to be gay and white (and i do know how that can sound but think about what i am actually saying to those who this will offend) than black and anything and i hate to say it but sometimes just just got to say what it will look like. Maybe it will be explored together in x-men red though. who knows.
    I know I and many of us are absolutely tired of talking about this... but is it because she is a woman and black? At the same time? Or is it the Africa thing? Cause if that's the case there BP office can help them or even google.

But anyways... I have faith in al ewing and i know he will deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Exhaled slowly

this about made me fall over. lol. i just saw the smoke blowing in the wind. lmao.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I know I and many of us are absolutely tired of talking about this... but is it because she is a woman and black? At the same time? Or is it the Africa thing? Cause if that's the case there BP office can help them or even google.

But anyways... I have faith in al ewing and i know he will deliver.
    I got the same questions as you cause i'm dead ass tired of talking about the difference. I can't for the life of me understand how marvel can pump out so many white gods on a monthly basis but Storm been in limbo for over 40 years. I mean at some point you just by process of elimination keep coming back to one thing and you don't want it to be that but no one else can explain why it's different for her for some reason. Instead sometimes instead of trying to answer the actual questions they go all the way around and say imaginary cards are being pulled etc when we just looking for answers like everybody else.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

this about made me fall over. lol. i just saw the smoke blowing in the wind. lmao.
    I am happy for bobby honestly we need more gay gods in comics and especially one on the mutants side.

I am happy for bobby honestly we need more gay gods in comics and especially one on the mutants side.
    I didn't think you were being shady. it just sort of described how i feel as well. like it's not about the characters and they can try to lessen us all they want by trying to go that route and embarrassing themselves. it's about the logic or lack their of.

edit: and rereading this i just want to make it clear i'm not talking about any posts or posters in here from today or what not cause this is beyond the thread or cbr.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

My problem isn't with Bobby, it's with the writers, the way they treat Storm Iceman about deities is different (I know they've both had a hard time) but it infuriates me that Xoffice has an easier time accepting and approving the Iceman's divinity (which is also very underdeveloped), than Storm (without telling the stories with the damn Stormcaster)

I've also read a few times from the X Mens Fandom itself that Iceman was more God than Storm, for being "immortal" and being more powerful (haters lol)

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you gotta be kidding me right? where did you hear this? I love how folks talked about storms being rabid fans for calling her a goddess and now writers are trying to make everyone a god. lolol I love it.
    I read it in a Brazilian article, but in the last issue of Marauders #27, it shows that Bobby is adventuring, to test his powers, discovering his limits, in Niffleheim (if I'm not mistaken, realm of the Frost Giants), and in a comic a little old it is said that Bobby in the future he will take Ymir's place.

Exhaled slowly

Omega mutants so close to being literal gods lolol

Well let me correct myself it usually isn't the character except in the case of Black widow, you mean to tell me Storm can't have a solo or Maryjane can't be an interesting hero when a russian spy who as a very funny gag on a show i watch stated, "power is regular kicks." (adlibbing) it's like at least try to hide the bias. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.