Page 621 of 833 FirstFirst ... 121521571611617618619620621622623624625631671721 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I would expect anyone to make that mistake. I did when I was trying to spell it lol.

It’s not too bad of a name. It just sounds like a Decepticon Name. Then again the more I say it, i can see it working.
    Just to piss off Scott fan's, you can call him "Cyke" for short. Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    may I borrow this science explanation Im going to post a power feat highlight in a group. I dont want to take credit. does the forums have rules about sharing to other groups?
    Well as far as I know there's no copyright claim on forum discussions, so go for it lol.

I would expect anyone to make that mistake. I did when I was trying to spell it lol.
    So YOU work for Marvel editorial.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Just to piss off Scott fan's, you can call him Cyke for short. Lol
    Please tell me that's not a real thing they get upset about?

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

If we can't get an elemental form, then at least let this become a more common occurrence.

I mean either way you look at this it's a plus for Storm. Either she made a power EM barrier to block a fatal blow or she randomly decided to access her godly strength/durability with some added electrical flare.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

So YOU work for Marvel editorial.
    Yup, sure do.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Just to piss off Scott fan's, you can call him "Cyke" for short. Lol
    Lol now I’m fully on board. :-) Great Idea LordAllMighty I love how your Foul Mind works. *Evil Laugh*

If we can't get an elemental form, then at least let this become a more common occurrence.

I mean either way you look at this it's a plus for Storm. Either she made a power EM barrier to block a fatal blow or she randomly decided to access her godly strength/durability with some added electrical flare.
    Let’s just keep it at her creating an EM Force Field. You’re going to have a hell of a time trying to prove she accessed her“Godly” strength. Plus, nobody can’t deny that she created such a Force Field anyway so yay Storm.

But I do prefer more Defensive Maneuvers. Storm’s Greatest Defensive has ALWAYS been her Offense, but I’d like to see different applications of her Defenses. Yes, More Force Fields please or increase her Durability. Please and Thank You.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 09-25-2022 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Why is no one talking about this? Mom served honorable deeds, Storm generated an insanely powerful electromagnetic pulse capable of making Uranus bleed, and the Celestial shielding his own eyes, all while serving as the life force for Magneto to stay alive. Ororo was recognized as the only force capable of touching Uranus, being the only one so far capable of making the Eternal bleed (much to the unhappiness of some).
    Well, the reason why nobody is talking about it(imo) is that what Storm/Magneto did didn’t really have THAT much of an impact as it should. I mean I agree with you, but all they did was give him a nose bleed. And then that feat got overshadowed by having his own Weapons doing significant amount of damage to him. So, that’s my guess.

Yup, sure do.
    Puts on Karen wig

So I have some complaints!

Let’s just keep it at her creating an EM Force Field. You’re going to have a hell of a time trying to prove she accessed her“Godly” strength. Plus, nobody can’t deny that she created such a Force Field anyway so yay Storm.

But I do prefer more Defensive Maneuvers. Storm’s Greatest Defensive has ALWAYS been her Offense, but I’d like to see different applications of her Defenses. Yes, More Force Fields please or increase her Durability. Please and Thank You.
    Oh don't misunderstand me, I'm fully on board with the EM field. I'm just saying, that it doesn't matter how you look at the feat there is no negative for Storm here for anyone to try and dissect which you know is a full-time job for some.

And not just EM fields. I believe it was Deadra who said that it's totally within her abilities to make this pressure vortex type move that would render her totally invulnerable. Like there was even an art diagram attached lol.

Puts on Karen wig

So I have some complaints!

Oh don't misunderstand me, I'm fully on board with the EM field. I'm just saying, that it doesn't matter how you look at the feat there is no negative for Storm here for anyone to try and dissect which you know is a full-time job for some.

And not just EM fields. I believe it was Deadra who said that it's totally within her abilities to make this pressure vortex type move that would render her totally invulnerable. Like there was even an art diagram attached lol.
    Oh, THAT was you sending in all those complaints ?! JESUS stop it. You’re flooding our Inbox Lady!! Anyways…..

I get what you mean. When you get the chance see if you can find the Diagram if you have it please.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 09-25-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Why is no one talking about this? Mom served honorable deeds, Storm generated an insanely powerful electromagnetic pulse capable of making Uranus bleed, and the Celestial shielding his own eyes, all while serving as the life force for Magneto to stay alive. Ororo was recognized as the only force capable of touching Uranus, being the only one so far capable of making the Eternal bleed (much to the unhappiness of some).
    https://youtu.be/I3DmO4ZURUo

Yeah, it was a pretty amazing act. I've always wanted to see what Storm and Magneto can do when they act in concert and I was not disappointed.

I think it's getting notice. While the feat is not specifically noted in this video, the host does talk about a Storm vs. Uranus match up.

I do think the feat deserves more attention.

Ah interesting but not surprising lol (some people have serious issues with Storm being depicted as powerful). If Magneto did this solo I bet they wouldn't be complaining :-/. Anyway, I think the instance was pretty awesome. Uranos being an uber powerful Eternal and super durable makes even the slightest damage impressive, let alone drawing blood. Storm + Magneto needs to happen more often, and hopefully we get more when ever Max makes his way back to the living. Makes me wonder what would the X-verse look like if Storm joined Magneto instead of the X-Men. They would've been a nightmare combo if Storm was part of the Brotherhood.

But I do prefer more Defensive Maneuvers. StormÂ’s Greatest Defensive has ALWAYS been her Offense, but IÂ’d like to see different applications of her Defenses. Yes, More Force Fields please or increase her Durability. Please and Thank You.
    This is one of the main develops I want to see. I think that part of schtick is that she wields such great power but is also vulnerable. But it also doesn't make sense to me, after so many decades on panel and seeing it done with other elementals (Black Lightning, Firestar, Crystal, Wind Dancer, etc), that creating a regular defensive shield isn't something Storm wouldn't think to do tactically at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Ah interesting but not surprising lol (some people have serious issues with Storm being depicted as powerful). If Magneto did this solo I bet they wouldn't be complaining :-/. Anyway, I think the instance was pretty awesome. Uranos being an uber powerful Eternal and super durable makes even the slightest damage impressive, let alone drawing blood. Storm + Magneto needs to happen more often, and hopefully we get more when ever Max makes his way back to the living. Makes me wonder what would the X-verse look like if Storm joined Magneto instead of the X-Men. They would've been a nightmare combo if Storm was part of the Brotherhood.

This is one of the main develops I want to see. I think that part of schtick is that she wields such great power but is also vulnerable. But it also doesn't make sense to me, after so many decades on panel and seeing it done with other elementals (Black Lightning, Firestar, Crystal, Wind Dancer, etc), that creating a regular defensive shield isn't something Storm wouldn't think to do tactically at this point.
    This is my biggest gripe when it comes to Storm by far. It just makes no in-universe sense that one of the best tacticians in the X-Men and perhaps the MU at large, does not think to use her powers for defensive purposes on the regular. It's even more annoying when you remember that Storm uses wind to fly, the same wind that could be wrapped around her and become "solid" with probably less than a thought.

Not to mention it would catch many enemies off guard. Unlike TK or EM fields they wouldn't be aware they are about to hit something akin to a brick wall.

This BS:

Should never happen unless the story demands it like how Uranos punched a hole through Maggie. But back to Storm, just imagine for a moment if that kick had been harder or her enemy was X-23 like with a claw in the foot. We'd have a dead Storm for no actual reason other than the fact she's a unnecessary walking glass cannon.

She'd still be finding egg goo in her hair.

Oh, THAT was you sending in all those complaints ?! JESUS stop it. You’re flooding our Inbox Lady!! Anyways…..

I get what you mean. When you get the chance see if you can find the Diagram if you have it please.
    I'll have to search around for it but if I can find it I'll post!

This is my biggest gripe when it comes to Storm by far. It just makes no in-universe sense that one of the best tacticians in the X-Men and perhaps the MU at large, does not think to use her powers for defensive purposes on the regular. It's even more annoying when you remember that Storm uses wind to fly, the same wind that could be wrapped around her and become "solid" with probably less than a thought.

Not to mention it would catch many enemies off guard. Unlike TK or EM fields they wouldn't be aware they are about to hit something akin to a brick wall.

This BS:

Should never happen unless the story demands it like how Uranos punched a hole through Maggie. But back to Storm, just imagine for a moment if that kick had been harder or her enemy was X-23 like with a claw in the foot. We'd have a dead Storm for no actual reason other than the fact she's a unnecessary walking glass cannon.

She'd still be finding egg goo in her hair.
    Ah, this is an amazing era. Storm can be kicked in the chest and knocked down by Batroc, she can also easily defeat Vulcan.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I cant speak for anyone but myself BUT Storm being a glorified lightning spammer does not do anything for me at this point. I thought the feat did a disservice mostly to Magneto but this can also be applied to Ororo, and that is neither shouldn't need a team up to replicate that feat. In the case of Erik yes it makes sense as he was mortally wounded but I would have been more impressed had Storm done that feat on her own. So for me it was a cute moment but nothing at all worth jumping up and down about. Perhaps that is why other Storm fans aren't talking much about it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!