Page 36 of 833 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136536 ... LastLast

One thing I'd like to point out though. Notice how both BP and Deathbird are both wearing their usual suits and in DBs case there's a face covering. I find it strange that Storm seems to not be bothered by the cold/lack of pressure of open space. She just needs to be able to breath.

Maybe it's nothing. Food for thought.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    The Last Annihilation: Wakanda

It's a panther shaped breathing mask. It actually looks kinda cool when the panel was up close to her face.

oh thank you. I was wondering why she looked like a Thundercat. I vaguely recall someone pointing to their interaction here as proof they were not together anymore. was this basically all she did in the issue?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

One thing I'd like to point out though. Notice how both BP and Deathbird are both wearing their usual suits and in DBs case there's a face covering. I find it strange that Storm seems to not be bothered by the cold/lack of pressure of open space. She just needs to be able to breath.

I don't see a face covering on db, it looks like her regular face. and storm extra shelf, " for life." lolol she always has to be over the top i love it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh thank you. I was wondering why she looked like a Thundercat. I vaguely recall someone pointing to their interaction here as proof they were not together anymore. was this basically all she did in the issue?
    Not thundercat. lol. You play too much. Now i got energy drink on my keyboard.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I actually had the opposite read of Khora's closeup when Storm was saying "No. He wouldn't have, would he. Because that would be an insult."

Like, I read Khora's smile as being her seeing this as validation for seeing Storm as someone worth following, since technically even though she took Brand's offer of a job with SWORD, in practice Khora's one of the first Arakki we've seen take orders from Storm. To me, Khora's been established as having always been something of an outsider among Arakki society because most of her people look at her power as an implicit insult to them, they're like 'ugh could you imagine this mutant's weapon is to boost ours as if any of us would ever actually NEED that?" What little we do know of Khora is that she doesn't have much history of even using her own power because its so anathema to her society, like even OFFERING to use it to help one of her fellow Arakkii would be considered an insult by most of them.....

So from that perspective, I see Khora's smile as her thinking "YES, SHE GETS IT. SHE UNDERSTANDS OUR PEOPLE, I knew I was right to think that she could lead us." Like, to me its literally just her seeing any faith she'd put in Storm already as vindicated by Storm's understanding of the Arakki mindset here. That she gets that Tarn wouldn't have 'gifted' her with any lingering manipulation, even nominally a positive or helpful one, as giving her any kind of small boost AFTER she just won her duel with him would be Tarn essentially saying he wasn't accepting the results of the duel and still didn't consider her an equal or better. It'd be him saying like, look at how he'd still slipped her a little boost and she didn't even know it, like a back-handed insult so that going forward any of her successes Tarn could be like thinking to himself hah, she'd never have been able to do that without my little 'gift' to her.

BUT that's just my take, and Tarn's a slimy snide little weasel so I wouldn't put anything past him and I'd be more than fine with being wrong and it revealed as a long-running plot point that he did do SOMETHING even if it wasn't to give her some kind of a boost. *Shrugs*
    Like Storm said, it would be an insult. She’s more powerful than Tarn. She just has never went full on out even till this day as she suppresses so much power from fear of losing control.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I actually had the opposite read of Khora's closeup when Storm was saying "No. He wouldn't have, would he. Because that would be an insult."

Like, I read Khora's smile as being her seeing this as validation for seeing Storm as someone worth following, since technically even though she took Brand's offer of a job with SWORD, in practice Khora's one of the first Arakki we've seen take orders from Storm. To me, Khora's been established as having always been something of an outsider among Arakki society because most of her people look at her power as an implicit insult to them, they're like 'ugh could you imagine this mutant's weapon is to boost ours as if any of us would ever actually NEED that?" What little we do know of Khora is that she doesn't have much history of even using her own power because its so anathema to her society, like even OFFERING to use it to help one of her fellow Arakkii would be considered an insult by most of them.....

So from that perspective, I see Khora's smile as her thinking "YES, SHE GETS IT. SHE UNDERSTANDS OUR PEOPLE, I knew I was right to think that she could lead us." Like, to me its literally just her seeing any faith she'd put in Storm already as vindicated by Storm's understanding of the Arakki mindset here. That she gets that Tarn wouldn't have 'gifted' her with any lingering manipulation, even nominally a positive or helpful one, as giving her any kind of small boost AFTER she just won her duel with him would be Tarn essentially saying he wasn't accepting the results of the duel and still didn't consider her an equal or better. It'd be him saying like, look at how he'd still slipped her a little boost and she didn't even know it, like a back-handed insult so that going forward any of her successes Tarn could be like thinking to himself hah, she'd never have been able to do that without my little 'gift' to her.

BUT that's just my take, and Tarn's a slimy snide little weasel so I wouldn't put anything past him and I'd be more than fine with being wrong and it revealed as a long-running plot point that he did do SOMETHING even if it wasn't to give her some kind of a boost. *Shrugs*
    That's how i read it too. Perfectly stated.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

love this moment. Storm stating facts:

love this moment. Storm stating facts:

It's a little ironic what she is saying doesn't really match what is happening with the art and coloration here.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's a little ironic what she is saying doesn't really match what is happening with the art and coloration here.
    what do u mean?

BANNED

The Last Annihilation: Wakanda

It's a panther shaped breathing mask. It actually looks kinda cool when the panel was up close to her face.

Why would Ororo need a breathing mask when she can transverse space unaided indefinitely?

Let's not forget the time storm created an entire sustainable atmosphere from nothing and a sun source for a virtually dead planet when Thor himself couldn't:

#goddessflex

Good point! That also makes me think of the time she was part of the FF and fought Stardust. She was not affected by the cold then either.

im ready to see the dwelling lol

and im ready for my official weds spoilers ugh lol
    Indeed! A good issue <3. Looking forward to the reaction of the BP/Storm shippers. They will be....most pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Good point! That also makes me think of the time she was part of the FF and fought Stardust. She was not affected by the cold then either.

Indeed! A good issue <3. Looking forward to the reaction of the BP/Storm shippers. They will be....most pleased.
    you read the entire issue already ?? can you dm a brief summary and your thoughts?

I know the storm parts already (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Like Storm said, it would be an insult. She’s more powerful than Tarn. She just has never went full on out even till this day as she suppresses so much power from fear of losing control.
    I don't just see the tampering as a power thing. Our gene control almost everything about us. Maybe he made her allergic to something or maybe he removed her inhibitions so she can be more extreme with her powers there are many things he could have done. He isn't the type you shiv once and he goes oh well I guess I respect you once. Hence one of the reasons I believe he did something afterall he is Mr sinister with godlike powers And if it weren't for the "would he?" To khora then showing khora smile with her eyes glow or maybe she could see who storm really is... I don't know, but that set up with the red eyes and snowflake was not just randomly placed I feel like.

But oh well we would find out soon. Someone ask Ewing this question when it so time for his X-Men Monday.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-25-2022 at 11:58 PM.

Let's not forget the time storm created an entire sustainable atmosphere from nothing and a sun source for a virtually dead planet when Thor himself couldn't:

#goddessflex
    And you know it fits neatly into established canon cause Thor has tried and failed even when he had the Odin force. He was only able to successfully terraform a planet when he used all of his divine blessings from Gaea. Storm on the otherhand can do it willy nilly and create a star to boot.

A flex indeed. It makes the scene where iceman and Quentin said if they failed it would be embarrassing even funnier. Because storm already knew she could do her job and Thiers as easily as speaking.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-26-2022 at 12:00 AM.